Why should I use the Online Voice Recorder?

Hi everyone! My name is Thuyet, and I come from Viet Nam.I joined the forum about 6 months ago, and immediately find that it’s very useful for me to improve my English.Like a lot of people, speaking is a very difficult skill to me in learning English. I always have problems when I talk to anyone by English, I feel difficult to use the words in properly way.So, that’s all for this record. Thanks for your listening!

Well,Thuyet, I think your English is very good. I remember the last time being in Viet Nam. When I started speaking English, my cousin, who knows English …like… perfectly, didn’t understand a single word. So, I found out that’s because we were tought by different teachers in different countries. (I’m from Viet Nam too, but I live in Ukraine)

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Where is the short film Torsten? I can’t see anything.

Dear Sir

I have been attending TOEIC Listening Exercises. I could listen the voice
recording and unable to follow the same, If I want to pronounce.
My progress is jumping down nowadays, may I know the reason please?
If it is so, please let me inform how to make it progress well.

I am really confused after seeing my progress.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Dear Torsten,
I have not received any video; I know I have a new problem about it.
I am exhausted about a lot of problems about recording my voice, listening and this new difficulty. If you are not exhausted about my problem, help me please.:frowning: :frowning:
With regard
Your good pupil
Mitra

Hi Friends,

Hope you are going well. I just want to say that recording and listening to yourself is a very great method. I am doing that for about a week and I feel improving. I am becoming more confident about my English. I use the forum and I’d like to thank the people who work on that project/website. It’s wonderful tool. And in addition, I am doing one more thing. I listen to some news, repeat every sentence, and record it. Then I listen what I recorded, compare the difference, and correct myself. I do it for 1-2 hours daily.

Thanks again for the great and powerful idea. All the best to you!

Hi thank you very much Torsten, that’s very kind of you, which you send regularly e-mail to me.

I really don’t like to record my voice, I think ,i don’t have any special problem with my pronunciation, please not to force me to do that, thanks.

Hello Zrajaei,

No one is going to force you to do anything you are uncomfortable with. Maybe when you have been here for a while and seen the attempts of others, you will be more willing to do so. In the meantime, please enjoy the forums and get what you need out of them.

Please tell me to record in JAVA step by step.

Hi Madi,

This is how to get started
english-test.net/community/i … o_messages

You may also need to ensure that Java is enabled in your browser.
java.com/en/download/help/enable_browser.xml

Hello teacher,

Ok sure i will record my sound but i couldnt find the option here and would be really thankful if you give me the instruction.

Thanks,

english-test.net/community/i … o_messages[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: What happened at the Potsdam Conference?[YSaerTTEW443543]

thanks

Dear Torsten and Kitosdad,
As I know, forume builded the voice record device, you want all of members can record their voice online. and repeat listening their own voice or listening each other between members.

Dear torsten
How are you?
I am very sorry that I have recorded my voice to post yet.
Thank you very much for your help.

Sophal

Hi, Torsten.
I adore learning English. Thank you very much for encouraging me to speak English. I should say you are an excellent teacher. You are doing a tough job. You have even made me find out how to use the voice recorder. Now please could you tell me how to improve my pronunciation skills? What comes first - stress, rhythm, sounds or anything else?

Dear Torsten,

Thank you for your letter. I agree with what you wrote and the 7 points are the way to learn to speak.

It was a surprise that I could see you on the video. I say to myself this guy took after my son very much. I didn’t recognize you only when I read Shyone’s message.I looked at it several times this video and I was amazed by the resemblance.

1. The first step to speak correctly that you learn the phonation. Lot of sounds is articulate otherwise than lot of other language.For exp:schwa,diftongs,/ai,ei,oi,ou,or eu etc/triphtongs.
    Some consonant: it’s very difficult to me “r”;
    "l "because can be clear and dark;
    t+l pronunciation is also and my children laughed at me several times when I say little, battle etc.
    Don’t speak about “th” its pronunciation differ if it is voiceless or voiced. For exp: breath -voiceless–breathe-voice.
    In English there is 5 vowels and we make from them 15 different sounds.

2. To learn the new word. Since I have computer I listen to the words even that I think of its pronunciation I am sure. And I say it aloud several times.But there is a problem here also because I have to decide which pronunciation is important to me: AE or BE ? So I mix them.

3. Next: Intonation. This is the most important. Here the word what I learned with its stress, this word can be swallowed if the sentence wishes it. Role of the pitch word or stressed word, this is an individual word that the speaker chooses to set apart by raising or lowering their voice on that word.
    Same text can mean other things depend on what I stress.
    For exp:

I don’t think he should get that job.=sombody else thinks he should get the job.
I don’t think he should get that job.=It’s not true that I think he should get.
I don’t think he should get that job.=somebody else should get that job.
I don’t think he should get that job.=In my opinion it’s very wrong that he is going to get that job.
I don’t think he should get that job.=He should have to earn that job./be worthy of; work hard for it/
I don’t think he should get that job= Maybe he should get something else instead.

1. Very important the English rhythm. There is a great difference the English rhythm and the rhythm of other language.
    Briefly: Rhythm is how much time you use for one syllable.
  2. If you don’t know where is the stressed syllable and you say it randomly you make a mess of the stress.
    2.Lot of students use almost the same strength, length and pitch that’s why these people don’t speak but slur.

What you wrote about learning that not pronounce the word only silently in my mind- it was very characteristic of me till I began the first challenge/challenge. I am sorry now that I waisted lot of time before this.

Now every day I listen to English speech and I exercise it aloud.
My advice: Just do it as you summed up in the 7 point.

Thanks!!!
Take care:
Kati Svaby

i have an interesting in voice record but i don’t know how to use it
could you be my guideline for me please

/