Where are you from?

Dear Shin and every learners,

My name is Yara. I will be 22 on this September 10. I am Cambodian and my native language is Khmer. I’m happy to know about your point of view on making relationship between different countries, nationalities and keep contacting with each other by using this forums regularly.

I really want to have friends abroad, it’s what I expected to do, that’s why I choose English as my major at university. I’m happy to be your friend and I hope other learners would like to be our friends as well.

Best wish,
Yara

english-test.net/forum/searc … or=Maryjam

Dear all

for your information my name is Ghazi Mohammad azizkhil I am from Afghanistan i love my country my native language POSHTO DARI and i speaking russian but now wishing
to learning english by your very very kind guide.Love so much to learning english.

warmest regards
Ghazi mohammad azizkhil

Dear all

for your information my name is Ghazi Mohammad azizkhil I am from Afghanistan i love my country my native language POSHTO DARI and i speaking russian but now wishing
to learning english by your very very kind guide.Love so much to learning english.

warmest regards
Ghazi mohammad azizkhil

hello everyone!
It’s nice that there is a thread like this, so we can know each other’s culture and start making friends. Thank you!
i’m 21 from Philippines. I think lots of you recognize my home country. We’re an english-tagalog people. Most of us can speak well in english while others can’t and still struggling (like me). As what the world knows, many filipinos work overseas to support their families, honestly and sadly that’s true. We’re not that poor though. It’s just a matter of misleading and lack of cooperation between filipinos and their leaders. Anyway, we have lots of blessings from God. Many attractions for foreigners. We filipinos are very religious, we love our family, we care for others. We still smile in spite of our poverty and problems in life. We’re strong individuals.
ers. We filipinos are very religious, we love our family, we care for others. We still smile in spite of our poverty and problems in life. We’re strong individuals.

Hello:)

Good morning people, I am from El Salvador, and im really happy to know that are people who worry about other people learn english that’s why i want to thanks to all of them…I love El Salvador

hi everyone.I am from Azerbaijan.Im 35. Im single now . I have divorced. I`m chief accountant in some company.I want to improve my English.Because my English is very poor.my native language is Azerbaijan.I want to get acquainted with people knowing English

From France.
Il est 18h45 ici :wink:

sir
I’m from Bari tribe in Republic of Southern Sudan

Dear Edward, welcome to our forum. How are things with you in the Sudan? How and from where do you access the Internet? How did you find our forum?

Talk to you soon,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: How long should the student’s essays be?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Monladannic,

You might find this helpful: english-test.net/community/i … _the_forum

Best rgards,
Torsten

TOEFL listening discussions: What is the purpose of this conversation?

Dear Torsten,

I think that I have already told that I’m from Bolivia, S.A. (South America) I have live in the US for quite a long time. I have live in New York City when I was single and working as a secretary. Then I meet my ex husband in Central Park my favority place in New York. I fell in love and got married. I have one son who got married about three months ago. When my son was borned in New York we moved to Roslyn Long Island very beautiful neighborhood. My son was raised there, and he loved it. Unfortunately my married didn’t last forever, so I went back to work as a secretary bilingual in Long Island. It was a great job, but do that my mother was ill I went back to my country to be next to my mother. I used to come here every year for about two or three months to visit my son, who was single then, and living in Queens where I live now. After my mother pass a way I came back here. I couldn’t believe how much my English decreased, or I could say got rusty. Going to the movies was a problem because my hearing was not the same as before, but my Spanish got a lot better, what a joke!!! so as you can see. Now you now a little about Rosario why I’m taking English classes. I’m just practicing something that I new before, but many expressions, and the worst of all it’s my spelling it got terrible. Well it will get better if I keep practicing.

I would love to meet some of the students in my class. It’s incredible that there are 36,000 students in my class “wow” that it’s fantastic, and they are from all over the world, sounds cool!

You said that I have not been in the forum before, yes I have, but let me ask you a question please. Do I have to register every time I want to say something? I have already registered and uploaded a picture, but it seems that it’s private.
I hope to hear from you and a little more help how to get to the forum.
Thank you,
Rosario.

Hello everyone!

I’m Donna.I’m from the Philippines.A country that rich in culture and natural resources.
Nice to meet you all.I am sorry, I will become rare to pose here due to my lack of time because of my schedule at work.Its so hard for me,but I learned a lot from this site.

Hello everyone!

I’m Donna.I’m from the Philippines.A country that rich in culture and natural resources.
Nice to meet you all.I am sorry, I will become rare to pose here due to my lack of time because of my schedule at work.Its so hard for me,but I learned a lot from this site.

English is particularly difficult because pronunciation of words is not always following the same rules. There are many words that are similar or the same than others languages in writing but their pronunciation is completely different that what makes difficult for native speakers of English to understand people who learned English in their countries where English is not their first language.
I am living in the U.S. I meet many people coming from different countries and we have the same problem of speaking English. Many of these people thought they are fluent in English because they studied it their countries for many years, but when they came here they couldn’t converse fluently with native speakers. Sometimes they couldn’t understand what native speakers say because the same word is not pronounced with the same accent between native and non-native speakers, which makes them difficult to understand each other. Vowels in English (a,e,i,o,u) take 2 forms - short and long and different sounds. This is not done in most other languages. For example, in French and may be in others languages the vowel sounds are ALWAYS the same, however in English have different sounds.
I think the best way to pick up the correct pronunciation is to practice with native speakers. I am working with native speakers and every day I learn from them. I ask them a lot of questions and they are very helpful.
Another important point that all learners of English should know is: No language can be learned without years of practice. And I strongly believe this link (English-test.net) is enough not only for learning English but also for broadening your knowledge.

If somebody has some rule about the pronunciation, please send them to my email address (machih157info@yahoo.fr)

Many thanks to all who participate in creating this course.

Mustapha

Hello everyone,
I’m Liên. I’m from Vietnam. I love my country. It’s so beautiful with a lot of tourist attractions. Let’s come to my country to visit. Welcome to Vietnam
Regards,
Kimlien

hello everybody !
I’m from Libya , Misurta city . It’s so quiet city have nice weather , especially in the spring . also it has wonderful beach which have many green hills .
unfortunatelly these dayes , the city are very sad , the war began here from 7 months and caused much pain to us , we pray here for end it soon .
Regards

Dear Rosario,

No you don’t need to register again. Any time you log in to the forum now you can post a message.

Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and an HR interviewer[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello again!
I am from Drobeta Turnu-Severin, Romania. A nice place but a very odd country because of it’s politicians. We are one of the most lucky people on earth as we have all types of places (mountains, planes, sea, Danube Delta, etc) but we don’t know how to invest in them :(.