Recording voice messages on the forum?

Hello Faten,

How are you? This is Tom Kane. We are happy you are with us on English Test.net. The best way to improve your chat room lingo, is to read what others are posting in the various chat rooms. If you need help in pronouncing words, please write them down, and I will respond back to you.

Thanks Faten. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi,
It is a nice function. can we communicate with the others members for improving our accent and pronounciation? it is a better way to improve our english speaking too.
And torsten,
please check my above peragraph i have written correct english or not if not then tell me where i have made a mistake. thanks.

Hello ,

I want to know why don’t you add this “record voice message” feature in PM.

Hello Imatiaz,

Yes of course you can use the online voice recorder to communicate with other forum members and improve your pronunciation. For example, you can record a voice message and you will get feedback on your pronunciation from our language trainers.

As for your mistakes, there are quite a lot of spelling and capitalization errors which you can correct yourself. I also recommend you start using a spell checker.

Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Restaurant on the lake[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Khinelay,

Many thanks for your question. At this point we want to encourage our forum members to use the online voice recorder to practise their pronunciation and speaking skills. As you know the forum allows any of our members to stay anonymous so posting your voice messages on the forum is very safe and it’s so much more fun than sending private messages, don’t you think?

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A flooded house[YSaerTTEW443543]

HI Khinelay,

The voice recorder feature is available and “on” all the time, even in the P.M. Many times, due to the time difference in various countries, and the schedule of the person responding to the recording, there may be a delay in responding back to you.

I hope that answers your question.

Tom

Hi,
Thanks sir torsten i have got it where i had made mistakes. And i also check spelling checker.

Hi Imtiaz,

You need to capitalize proper names and the personal pronoun I. If you want to use the spell checker that works here on the forum too you can download and install Firefox. Otherwise it might be very difficult for you to develop the habit of capitalizing the personal pronoun ‘I’.

Let me know what you think.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A flooded community[YSaerTTEW443543]

Yes you are right.Really It is a problem since I have started writing English.I have already installed firefox and very soon I will installed spelling checker.Now I am sure that I will improve my English only at this forum.I really thank full to you people who have done a wonder full job for peoples who need to improve their English.

Hello Tosten,

Yes, it’s fun. I like this because I could know the suggestions of teachers and members who can speak English fluently - how to improve my speaking skill .Once, Tarjeem helped me by recording my message with his voice to know the correct pronunciation. I don’t say talking in public is not safe.But private message feature is included in this forum to communicate privately and just to say social things with friends.So, I still think online voice recorder feature should be added in private message.Anyway,it’s fine.

with regards,
khinelay

Hello Tom ,

How are you ? Oh. That’s my mistake.I didn’t ask my question correctly. What I want to know is why the online voice recorder (Record voice message button) doesn’t appear in private message. I couldn’t send my friend to a private message with voice. I want to make sure online voice recorder feature is not included in private message (PM) or I just don’t see it.

with regards,
khinelay

Hi Khinelay,

I’m great! Too cold and too much snow for me, but I’m alright. To be honest, I’m not sure how to answer your question. I will send your request to Torsten as he knows the function of the Voice Recorder better than I do.

Thanks! Tom

Hi Khinelay,

You are right. The online voice recorder is only available when you create forum messages. You can’t use it when you send private messages.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A man digging a hole[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Anja,

Thank you very much for your voice messages. There is absolutely no reason for you to apologize. You did an excellent job at and the voice recorder is a free tool for anyone to use to practice their speaking skills. As for your question, the best way to edit your message is simply to record a new one. You can also remove any of your voice messages by clicking on the ‘delete recording’ button in front of the ‘answer’ button.

Your recording is easy to understand and your voice sounds very pleasant. If you keep your recordings on the forum you will encourage other forum members to start recording voice messages too. The vast majority of people are afraid of speaking in public so we want to help them overcome this fear.

One thing you can do to make the recording process easier is to first write a text forum post and click on the ‘record’ button.

The maximum length of a recording is 10 minutes at the moment.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Torsten
PS: Why did you remove your photograph from your profile page?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: An airline cockpit[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten!

For Torsten

For Torsten

If you’d like to change the installation directory, or customize other features, select the ‘Show advanced options panel’.

After reading the agreement, click the Accept button to accept its terms and to continue with the installation.

If you selected the ‘Advanced options panel’, the installer displays a Custom Setup screen that allows you to choose program features to set up. We recommend that you keep the default settings, unless you are an advanced user who wants more precise control over the components that will be installed.

After ensuring that the desired program features are selected, click the Next button to continue with the installation.

Once the installation is successfully completed, verify the Java software installation.

NOTE: You may need to restart (close and re-open) your browser to successfully verify the Java installation.
Do it and solve the problem yourself.
Good luck to your speaking.
Have a nice day.
See you again soon.
T