Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Thank you :Torsten .for such give us helpful points .i knew Grammar but these type is make me confuse .now i learn it very well thanks for that.this is my 4th unit .i’m really excited for my next unite. this course is going little bit slow? or may be i’m ready to run my final unite. another thing make me upset my ,my Progress report: isn’t very good .i just give those test which you tell me to do in the lesson .otherwise i didn’t and i never practice these test’s before . please tell me some thing about it because i hardly come to know how to use this forum .okay thanks for every thing.

Thank you :Torsten .for such give us helpful points .i knew Grammar but these type is make me confuse .now i learn it very well thanks for that.this is my 4th unit .i’m really excited for my next unite. this course is going little bit slow? or may be i’m ready to run my final unite. another thing make me upset my ,my Progress report: isn’t very good .i just give those test which you tell me to do in the lesson .otherwise i didn’t and i never practice these test’s before . please tell me some thing about it because i hardly come to know how to use this forum .okay thanks for every thing.

what is the correct usage of lose and loose please explain

lose - misplace;mislay
oxfordadvancedlearnersdictio … onary/lose

loose - untied, not fixed
oxfordadvancedlearnersdictio … nary/loose

Hi all
Please let me introduce myself
Let’s put a little fun in this post!
My name is Gabriel, I’m happy because I have my own name, cool, isn’t it? You have your name? I was born on my birthday because I’ve one, again cool Isn’t it?
I’ve my car, its colour is grey and she have her place of parking, there are a lot of other cars that have their place of parking.
I’ve my job, but unfortunately I’ve my boss and this isn’t quite well because he has his ideas and I have also mine.

Hello,

I want to use the possessive adjectives:
My name is David. I’ve got a daughter and her name is Lorena. I’ve got a son too, and his name is Eduardo. They are so lovely kids.
My job is very interesting for us. I’m really grateful with you because this course is very important for my life.

HI Torsten, I enjoyed doing all your exercises,with pretty good results. I am a retired medical man who needs some help to improve advanced written english. I hope to get the basics correct so that my ambition will be achieved without much trouble.
with kind regards
Dunstan

I CAN NOT UNDER STAND
SHAKUNTALA

hi torsten
I’m sorry, unit 3 i undertand

English for beginers…www.english-online.org.uk/beginners/beg1_1.htm

Hi torsten,
I’m very happy to continue my exercices lessons :

This is our house.it’s very nice.its coulour is white.

correct me if I’m wrong!
they & their are same words right ?
i.e
They’re so many peoples i couldn’t see him.
I think… (Their) word is probably uses in past & future right ?
Their was so many peoples i couldn’t see him.

‘They’ and ‘their’ are NOT the same words.
What’s more, neither of those words are the same as ‘there’.

There’re (There are) so many people I couldn’t see him.
There were so many people I couldn’t see him.

I suggest you study this carefully:
robin.hubpages.com/hub/Grammar_Mishaps

Hello.

I’m not understood something, whats the different between Its and It’s?
It’s not the same word ?

Thanks
Hen

It’s is a contraction meaning ‘it is’. It does not denote possession and is an exception to the usual rule.
Its is the third person neutral possessive determiner which means belonging to or associated with a noun.

[color=green]It’s (it is) a good idea to turn the camera on [color=green]its i[/i] side to take that photo because the building is tall.

Dear Torsten

I try to compare about the question:

This is my car.
It’s a Vauxhall.===> It’s means is type (mark) of the car. (personal pronount)
Its colour is green. ===> The Car colour is green. (possesive adjective).

Are them correct?

It’s a Vauxhall = It is a Vauxhall. “It’s” is always a contraction. In this case the pronoun ‘it’ is followed by the verb ‘is’.

Its colour is green - ‘its’ denotes possession.

Hi, everyone!

My name is Renata and my nickname is “menina”.
“Menina” means girl in portuguese language.
I´m from Brazil (wonderful country). I live in São Paulo, a very large city in the south-west of Brazil. It´s famous fou its economy. If you like, I can tell more about my city. I have two sisters. Their names are Paula and Gisele. Paula lives with our parents and Gisele lives with her husband.
I just finished the lesson 4.
I really love this site! It´s a challenge for me!

Hi,
I’m Priya and I’m preparing for the entrance exam to join for an MBA course. My father is self-employed and my mother is a home maker. I have 2 siblings, an elder brother. He is working for an IT company and an elder sister who is married and she has a daughter.

hello Mr torsten
I really found this course interesting. I reviewed the possessive adjectives.
My name is Zahra and I love studing books. my books were often about poetry and stories. my lessons are too much now, and is’s hard to me studing my lovely books. I’m married and my husband really helps me on my lessons. his name is Hamid. one part of his work is in another city and he goes there every saturday and backs in tuesday. our life is going to be better every day.