Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Dear Sir
Finally I got my account back. Thank you so much. Please let me intrude myself
My name is Kevin Hoang
I’m a student in Aiken school
I’m in First Grade. I really want to be a smart student in reading and writing.
That’s why I’m here

Hi dear torsten
In the unit7, the blue one is a compound of Personal Pronoun ( it) + present tense of to be verb ( is )
But the red one just is a Possessive Adjective for third simple person ( it )
best regards.

It’s my cell phone. It’s a Nokia. It’s mine. Its colour is black. I like it but a little bit old and used. I would like to change it for a new one after graduate.

Your use of its" and “it’s” is correct.

I like it but it’s a little bit old and used (possibly ‘tired’ would be better than ‘used’). I would like to change it for a new one after graduation.

Dear Mr.Torsten,
Thank you very much for the new lesson you sent me through email. you have asked me to make sentences using possessive adjectives. Following are the few sentences I made using possessive adjectives.

1. My name is Sadia.
  2. My husband is an accountant.
  3. We have a daughter and we love her very much.
  4. Her favourite hobby is to read story books.

I hope there is no mistake in these questions. If there is any mistake please correct me. Thank you. Best wishes

My name is Relina.
Your hair look so beautiful today!
Her sister was crying the whole day.
Wow! His car’s color is amazing.
Its the cats food.
We’ll have a picnic on Sunday.
I love your jacket, Sara.
They forgot their books in the classroom yesterday morning.

It’s the cat’s food
and
They left their books…

The rest is okay.

So I’ll replace the wrong ones with these two:

The cat plays with its kittens.

Oh! The children are miserable; they throwed their clothes everywhere.

‘They threw their clothes everywhere.’
‘To throw’ is an irregular verb. The past tense is ‘threw’, not ‘throwed’.

I/you/he/she/it/we/they/ / threw

Oh my bad … I didn’t notice that.

Thanks

My name is Landy.
I learn English.
And I working also.
I have a car.
Its color is black.
I have 3 brothers and 4 sisters.
My sisters live in Canada.
Me I live in Boston with my big brother.
I’m very enterested about English.
Its very enteresting.
Thank you so much.

see you soon

thank you sir for lesson

Hi
We have two cars, one of them belong to my husband and the other one is mine. I have been driving my car for six years and it’s still as new.
Our house has a small yeard with many tress. In the flower section all what you can see is my dog’s toyes. He hide them there.

Hi

I have a car.

Its color is blak.
It’s a toyota corolla.
It’s very nice.

I live with my brother,

I love him.

He has two sons and one daughter.

she’s very beautiful.
I love her.

She’s smart.

Sabaidee All,

Sabaidee is a lao greeting, it means “Hello” or " Hi"…
My name is Nidda, Im from Vientiane Lao PDR. I am 32 years old and still single.
my favourit activities i love to do when i have free time is sport and hang out with my close friend.

I am working with a big mining company in Savanakhet province as a suppervisor for SME ( Small and Meduim Enterprise) development under Community development project. the community development project is very important part of our company committment to people who live around the mine and have impact from our business operation.

My job is to groom local business community here to have better knowlegde about how to run the business in proper way to make their business to be competitive in the market. it is very challange job because most of business people here are low educated person, they just know how to operate their business on daily basic without no management system. I know how hard i have to try to help them to have better life and I am ready to fight togother with them.

when i received your english lesson at the first time, i was very excited and i believe that your english program will help me improve my english skill alot. THank you

Looking forward your hear your feed back on my first message.

Have a good day

Cheers,
Nidda

Hello Torsten,

Could you explain me the difference between “our” and “ours”. I am really confused about that. Should I say “He is friend of our” or “He is friend of ours”.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Cachita

He is a friend of ours
or
He is our friend.

Dear Beeesneees,

Thanks a lot. Now I see the difference.
Have a nice day.

Regards,
Cachita

My job is difficult. I work with many people. Their duties are similar like mine. It’s not easy speak about technical problems without the language knowledge.
Yours english course it’s amazing help for me. It isn’t “boring” or “dull” :slight_smile: thanks so much for it. Regards

Today I had a horrible day at work. My bus arrived too late. My alarm clock rang twice in the middle of the night. I have bad luck but not only me.
My friends have lost their car keys. They came to work the next bus. Our boss was not satisfied. I had a very interesting day at work.

Regards
MrTolek