Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Dear Torsten
How are you today?

Thanks alot for Unit 4

Here I have some sentences about using Possessive Adjectives

My name is sidala I work for MMG mining company, most of our bosses are from Austrain , Erop and some from Asain , but the owner of the company is China ,
My supervisor is from Erop his name is Peter, he has 2 children his son name is Joe and one daughter, her name is JuLia .,

For our roster working here 28 day working and 14 days on break some of the supervisor take their traval about 2 days ,

for my traval on break about 6 hrs by bus to my home

for my understanding using Possessive Adjectives before noun

Thanks alot

best regard

Sidala

Hi Torsten,
I am vijay, this is my car
Its brand is Maruti, it is very nice
My Friends name is Prashant.
his cars colour is blue
Our homes are very close to each other

Am I right ?

Regards,
Vijay

I am Vijay, this is my car.
Its brand is Maruti, it is very nice ← It is a Maruti. It is very nice.
My friends name is Prashant.
his cars colour is blue ← His car is blue.
Our homes are very close to each other.

Good morning Torsten Daerr ^^
After receiving your lesson number 4 about" possessive adjecttive" I decided to write something about my selft.Here is my answer:
I’m Hien from Vietnam. It’s a very beautiful country with friendly people. Now I’m a third year student at university. It’s one of the most popular one in my country, so i’m so happy to study at there.

Hello Torsten, My name is Soltan Sihombing. I work for a general contractor company. My position is a QHSE manager. I have a series of task to help this company to pursuit their mission. This mission is detailed on an objective so i can easily understand what kind of things they needed from me. My job is mostly paperwork and supervision. My daily activities is to ensure that the system is effectively implemented. Sometime I am bored of doing activities with the same way and too much procedure to follow. I have over 1 year to join this small and medium enterprise, the company with employee not more than 1000 of the total. Muli task is a policy in this company, so it’s sometime raises internal conflict because some responsibilities not yet properly set.

hello good day to everyone. my i know the difference between they and their? and where I see the exercise of these?

Their is a possessive adjective.

They is a pronoun.
Many people mix up they’re (which is short for ‘they are’) and ‘their’ because they sound the same.

They (pronoun) told me their (possessive adjective) mother was coming with them.
They’re (They are) going to bring their (possessive) father with them.

Hi Torsten,

I am krishnaveni. I am from India. Currently I am working in a MNC company. I am very intersted in learning english and also to speak without grammer mistake. Your website and email received from you is very helpful to me.

Regards,
Krishna

Dear Torsten,

It is highly appreciated sending me lesson four and looking forward to your next kind email.

Parwana

Dear sir, I am following your all lessons and up to lesson 4 there is nothing difficult to ask you.

Parwan,

I’m Ayu Novania. My nickname is Vani.I have many interesting activities in my spare time but my favorite one is hanging out with my boyfriend.We always enjoy our time together. He is not only a good boyfriend but also my best friend. I love everything about him. His attention to me makes me feel very happy. My friends often get jealous with my boyfriend’s attention because their boyfriends seldom give attention to them. One day they asked me "what is your secret to make him stickwittu? " I answered “it’s all because of love”.
I think love is an important thing in relationship. Its realization can change everything from negative into positive, so show your love and see what’s happen.

Torsten, this is my 4th lesson.How is this?please give me a correction.

Hello :slight_smile:
i did the test finish vs. end and I got the highest score :slight_smile:

hi

Its easy but i couldn’t understand that difference its and it’s
is it like this
its=its
it’s= it has?

it’s = ‘it is’ more often than ‘it has’

Dear Sir, Mr. Torsten, Good after noon here.
I’m pleased to write two sentence here. Please let me know that which one is correct.

1. As I say to any body that you can do this work or so.
    or
  2.                                  you can do this work or not

Which one is correct. 1 or 2

Neither makes perfect sense without context, I’m afraid.

The second one possibly means ‘You can choose whether to do this work or not.’

My name is Tatenda Mukumba . I come from Zimbabwe . Now I am in Namibia .I like you to be my freind. Ischool at Chris Junirs Private school P.O BOX 25903 ONANJOKWE.

My name is Lakhan Shastri.
I’m from Bhiwandi(Mumbai),India.
I’m studying computer engg. in kits Ramtek,Nagpur.
I like this wesite.
I have interest in cooking.

Dear Torsten,

I got 8 correct on my last English test(#3 Listen VS. Hear).

It’s a little challenge for me.

that’s all,thank you.

Landy