Please test progress and goals, many thanks!

As you might remember we started adding more site features for our users and now the first version is online. Please help us make the user experience better by registering on the site and playing around with the ‘goals’ and ‘progress report’ functions. Please do let us know what we should change or improve: https://english.best/user/goals/

Thank you very much.

This is post relates to Project Plan for 2020

5 Likes

@Torsten I’ve registered on the site! :+1:

It’s really easy set up your account. Assessment Test, Goals, Progress and My account are on the left of the page. It’s easy to see everything and to navigate between the pages.

The only thing I would suggest so far is that the top of the page is locked for users other than the “My account” icon. The reason for this is that if a user does any test from there, it won’t be recorded under progress.

4 Likes

So did I. Wonderful. :+1:

4 Likes

@Torsten - I have chosen my goals. I started doing the “TOEIC Photographs” section. It recommends a test for me. That’s great! So I kept going and going. I think we need a button somewhere on the page to take us back to the home page. The user will be doing tests all day and will get frustrated not knowing how to go back to the home page. We need a button to take us back home! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @Andrea, what do you mean by ‘the top of the page is locked’? Do you mean that we should remove the upper menu panel?

2 Likes

@Torsten I’ve now realised it would probably not work locking the top of the page - Upper menu panel because we need the “My account” icon working.

Perhaps, that panel should not be there once the user has logged in. It might confuse them.

I have an example from the e-school my children are on…this is what it looks like after logging in.

3 Likes

Hi Andrea,

If a logged-in user selects a test from the top menu the results of that test are being tracked too even if the user hadn’t added that particular test to their goals. As soon as the user adds the test to their goals the previous results show up in the user’s account.

What you have shared is a site where a user can’t access any content without logging in, am I right?

Many thanks for your feedback.

3 Likes

Hi @Torsten,

I was talking about being logged in before. I have just checked mine again. Yes, you are right it does work if you go to the top of the page as well.

What happens if one of your goals is not set up for a certain section but you do a test from the top? Would your test be recorded or not?

We still need a ‘home button’ and/or maybe a ‘progress button’ once we’ve finished doing tests for the day.

Hope it makes sense. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, it is being recorded and the results show up once you add the section to your goals later. Please let me know if this makes sense :wink: Thanks a lot the reminder regarding the ‘home’ button. :+1:

3 Likes

@Torsten That’s great! It makes perfect sense! You’re welcome :+1:

3 Likes

Hello Andrea, nice to meet you. Could you add as friend?

4 Likes

@Tin_Vo Nice to meet you too. :wink: Hope you’re well. You’re welcome to chat here. Have a great week!

1 Like