Please give me some advice on my oral English

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

thanks Doctor

I recorded a new message, so I hope now my voice is clearer.Can you give me some advice about my pronunciation, thanks in advance :slight_smile:

So here is my message:
Birds also play a part in the English language and turn up in several idioms. One of my favourites is: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. This suggests that something you actually own is of much greater value than things you might possibly acquire in the future. After all one bird in the bush or even two could well fly away. Now for a cruel one: Kill two birds with one stone. This is where you manage to carry out two plans with just one action. You do business in another country and also enjoy a holiday while you’re there.

Hello everybody, I record this message for evaluation and please correct me. Thanks in advance

Hello, my name is Olga.

Here is my text. And hope to hearing from you soon…

There has always been a sharing of goods, services, knowledge and cultures between people and countries, but in recent years improved technologies and a reduction of barriers means faster speed of exchange. Globalization provides opportunities and challenges.
There are many different definitions of globalization. Globalization influences all spheres of our life.
It connects different countries and nations, makes their cooperation easier. It makes everything and everyone similar or even identical.
To sum up we’d like to enumerate its main benefits. They are:

• fast economic growth;
  • promoting exchange of goods
  • reducing production costs and boosting competitiveness;
  • improved wealth and improved access to health care and clean water;
  • increased life expectancy;
  • an increase in foreign direct investment;
    Unfortunately, all the benefits are connected with the problems. The main of them are:
  • social and economic costs of globalization
  • dropping standards of living of some countries - the country stratification: the rich, the powerful and the poor developing;
    the spread of human, animal and plant diseases- higher level of protection of rich countries and unequal aid to poor countries;
    Of course we want to have a good living level, we want to have a worthy life, but should we endow

There has always been a sharing of goods, services, knowledge and cultures between people and countries, but in recent years improved technologies and a reduction of barriers means faster speed of exchange. Globalization provides opportunities and challenges.
There are many different definitions of globalization. Globalization influences all spheres of our life.
It connects different countries and nations, makes their cooperation easier. It makes everything and everyone similar or even identical.
To sum up we’d like to enumerate its main benefits. They are:

• fast economic growth;
  • promoting exchange of goods
  • reducing production costs and boosting competitiveness;
  • improved wealth and improved access to health care and clean water;
  • increased life expectancy;
  • an increase in foreign direct investment;
    Unfortunately, all the benefits are connected with the problems. The main of them are:
  • social and economic costs of globalization
  • dropping standards of living of some countries - the country stratification: the rich, the powerful and the poor developing;
    the spread of human, animal and plant diseases- higher level of protection of rich countries and unequal aid to poor countries;
    Of course we want to have a good living level, we want to have a worthy life, but should we endow

you are welcome :slight_smile:

Please listen to my record and give me your comment .

When I recorded my voice, I noticed that, and for the first time, I cannot make -s pl very clear.
Can you tell me how to pronounce it correctly?

Hello everybody.

This is my first message voice recording here on the forum.

I guess that the online voice recorder is very useful to test my speaking skills, in order to have an idea about my pronunciation, so I’m waiting for your comments about it, don’t hesitate please to send me.

See you later

Best Regards

Karima

I’d really like someone evaluated my oral English,

The text:

The Winepress

“You don’t have to be French to enjoy a decent red wine,” Charles Jousselin de Gruse used to tell his foreign guests whenever he entertained them in Paris. “But you do have to be French to recognize one,” he would add with a laugh.

After a lifetime in the French diplomatic corps, the Count de Gruse lived with his wife in an elegant townhouse on Quai Voltaire. He was a likeable man, cultivated of course, with a well deserved reputation as a generous host and an amusing raconteur.

This evening’s guests were all European and all equally convinced that immigration was at the root of Europe’s problems. Charles de Gruse said nothing. He had always concealed his contempt for such ideas. And, in any case, he had never much cared for these particular guests.

The first of the red Bordeaux was being served with the veal, and one of the guests turned to de Gruse.

“Come on, Charles, it’s simple arithmetic. Nothing to do with race or colour. You must’ve had bags of experience of this sort of thing. What d’you say?”

“Yes, General. Bags!”

Without another word, de Gruse picked up his glass and introduced his bulbous, winey nose. After a moment he looked up with watery eyes.

Hello, Everybody!!
i am here to ask you for help.
could anybody says my how can I send my record??
I’ve already sent my text-about globalization.But I can’t find the buttom to send my voice record.
and if anybody know where is this buttom. Please tell me!
Many of our participans have already sent their voice record. But I don’t know how they did it!!!
maeby some moderator of this site can help me???
I’ll be glad and grateful!
wait for your helpful answer!!!
Olga
Russia
P.S. I simply would like to have my spelling and pronunciation checked…
thank for advance

Hello Olga,

please read this thread: How to use the online voice recorder?

Many thanks
Slava

Dear Kitosdad,
Thank you for the comment.Have a pleasant day.

Thank you Slava for help!!!..
olya

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: Why did the young woman sit in the rear seat of the car?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello everybody here.
A bit embarrassed at the end of the record ^^!
I am speaking not reading ^^
Please give me comments :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Thanks

Hello Juna,

Welcome to the forum.

I have to say, considering your age and where you come from, you have already up for a good start by making a recording of your message here. So I believe, there is no reason for you to be ashamed of yourself. Particularly when you said that you were speaking, not reading.

All you have to do now is improve your speaking skill so that native English speakers and ESL users could easily understand you. When you said that you wanted to become a successful business woman, I am sure that you are aware that a good command of English will help you greatly. All the fellow learners here and I will gladly share and work together with you.

Keep posting your audio messages and practice with us. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.