Please give me some advice on my oral English

Hello Juna,

Welcome to the forum.

I have to say, considering your age and where you come from, you are already up for a good start by making a recording of your message here. So I believe, there is no reason for you to be ashamed of yourself. Particularly when you said that you were speaking, not reading.

All you have to do now is improve your speaking skill so that native English speakers and ESL users could easily understand you. When you said that you wanted to become a successful business woman, I am sure that you are aware that a good command of English will help you greatly. All the fellow learners here and I will gladly share and work together with you.

Keep posting your audio messages and practice with us. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

The Text:
Homework “the role of teacher”

Class, before I let you go today, I want to tell you about a fascinating program that is going to be on in four days at 8 pm on Channel 12. It’s part of the “Great Minds in Psychology” series that has been on Public TV this year. The subject of Monday’s program will be Austrian psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud. The program explains how Freud pioneered the technique of psychoanalysis, and it looks at Freud’s investigations into the internal conflicts between the conscious and unconscious. As you know from taking this class, Freud split the psyche into three parts: the id, the ego and the super ego. The program covers this fairly well, and everything is illustrated with great computer animation that makes the explanations really easy to grasp. One more thing I like is that Freud’s controversial ideas are shown without bias, for the narrative is fair and balanced, as well as scholarly. There are no ‘Freud lovers’ or ‘Freud bashers’ here. You really should make an effort to watch this show, especially since some questions about Sigmund Freud will be on the quiz next Tuesday. But more than that, I think you will find the hour-long show to be both interesting and informative. By the way, it says here in the program notes that the following week’s program will be about Carl Jung. I just hope that it’s as good and even-handed as this one is about Sigmund Freud. Well, that’s all I have for today. Tomorrow is a holiday, so I will see you Monday afternoon. Oh, and please make sure you bring in your homework when I see you next time. Bye and have a good Holiday!

Hello [color=red]ice-cream
Hello there. Thank you very much for your response. Where are you from - ice-cream? ( I call you ice-cream a very lovely name :stuck_out_tongue: )
Your voice is nice and strong ^^
Nice to meet U
Hello everybody!
Today I will tell you about my feelings before taking the most important exams in my life. You know, in Vietnam June and July are Exam Times for those who has finished the last year at high school.
I feel like I’m in a four-turn way, and I don’t know which to chose. These days I think a lots and I am making my own risk-plan. I will bet my fate ^^! I will chose a quite famous university to take the exams. I will be able to make my silly dream come true when I pass all the exams otherwise I will be disappointing myself ^^
Anyways, I will try my best and I will appreciate with what I could do ^^!

Hi everyone
I try to post recording message, but I can’t do that . I think there is a problem with recording voice. How can I solve that problem ?
thanks & have a good time.

Dear friends!

I’ll read just a short extract from the novel Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw. I hope to recieve your comments and would be grateful for your advace.

Thank you,

Olga

Hello Hanan,

Make sure you have the following items so that you can produce recordings with good quality :

1. A headset with mic or a computer microphone. It would be wise to choose microphone with padding and noise cancellation feature. They generally cost more, but enhance the clarity of your recording.

2. The latest version of SUN JAVA plug-in for your internet browser.

3. If you are using a PC / MAC, make sure that you turn up the volume bar in the “recording devices” console.

4. To record an audio message in this forum, you can follow this link :
    english-test.net/images/forum/

5. Make sure to check the quality of your recording before you post it on the forum. You can do this by playing back your recording as soon as you have finished recording it.

Hopefully it helps. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Hello Ice cream
really I am very happy to receive your post, and thanks a lot for your interesting.
I’ll try again, and I hope to success and share with you.
bye

Hello,

I want someone correct me my pronunciation. I will read a paragraph.

Thanks in advance.

Toñis

Hi freinds,

In English audio course: Questions 1 - Listen to session 7, part 1 the audio recorded by Sue Darville is not complete. So now I’m going to read it here. You can find the text in this page.
english-test.net/esl/lesson- … ons_1.html

Please Listen and tell me if there is any problem with my accent or speech.

hello :slight_smile:

Hi Kithaw,
Your English, both spoken & written, is up to the par. You can improve it. Keep coming on this Forum with your questions etc. Good luck.
Regards
Noren

Hello everybody,

my name is Mohamed, i am studying English long time ago, and i hope someone can assess my pronunciation proficiency…thank you

Dear all,
I would like to record my voice on this forum. But i can’t do that. How should i do?

Hello Heinkham,

You will find instructions and troubleshooting steps here:
Recording voice messages on the forum.