I'm looking forward to hearing from you vs I look forward...

Hello Cinni,

Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy the experience.

You mean, “I just joined this team.”
We talk about joining (becoming a member of) a team, not joining to it.

Hello,

You might want to take a look at this topic:
How To Start

Dear all,

How can i improve my grammer english for talking, listening, writing and speacking?

Please read this: english-test.net/lessons/index.html[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Fixing a roof[YSaerTTEW443543]

“Look forward to good news from you.”

Is that correct?

It is possibly correct, but without additional context it is impossible to say. For example, it might be that instead of the statement above you should say, “I’m looking forward to hearing good news from you.”

i have no soft copy of my face

Hello everybody,
I hit this forum while I was looking for the usage of the verb “look forward to” and I just joined because I’m interested in improving my English (that is not my mother tongue as I’m Italian).
In reply no. 31 by HamburgEnglish I’ve found this expression “If there are any mistakes on my side please would you correct me”. Actually I don’t know the form “would you correct me” that sounds interrogative to me.
Could someone please explain?

Thanks a lot.

… would you correct me - a polite way of asking for correction of his work.

no, i think it should be “I am looking forward to the pleasure of hearing from you”

I agree with you and thank you so much

what is the meaning of this closing sentence
" Looking forward to your kind favor"
" Looking forward to your corporation"
" Looking forward to your prompt reply"

In short, let me know what is the exact meaning of Looking forward or Look Forwarding

The phrase “Look forwarding” does not make any sense. Where did you find it?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Combine harvesters[YSaerTTEW443543]

It is a polite way of indicating positively that there is an expectation of something happening.

‘Looking forward to your kind favor’ is unusual. I would not expect to see ‘favor’ used there. Other nouns would sound more natural (Looking forward to your kind approval/response, etc.).

‘Looking forward to your co-operation’ (not ‘corporation’).

1 Like

Looking forward to be used, or look forward.

Look forward to … / Looking forward to …
is an abbreviated, more informal version of
I look forward to … / I am looking forward to …

With reference to my mail June 17, 2011, I haven’t yet received a confirmation about my request whether it is updated or not. I am still receiving insurance related documents (cover letter & catch card) from the insurance company. and my name’s spelling & CNIC expose as:

Name: Muhamamd Sxxxx Rxxxx instead of Muhammad Syyyy Ryyyyl.
CNIC: xxxxxx-xxxxxx instead of xxxxxxxxxx

Kindly let me know and confirm. If the record is updated. Kindly forward my request to insurance company for necessary amendment. and issue a new card. Your early response would be appreciated.

check now this one, is it correct*

kindly tell me…

your timely response would be highly appreciated

With reference to my mail June 17, 2011, I haven’t yet received a confirmation about whether or not my request has been updated. I am still receiving insurance related documents (cover letter & catch card) from the insurance company. In addition my name’s spelling & CNIC are incorrectly identified as:

Name: Mxxxxxx Raxxxxxx instead of Muhammad Sxxxxb Rxxxxxxol.
CNIC: xxxxxxxx instead of xxxxx-1xxxxxx6-x

Kindly please investigate this matter and confirm that the necessary changes have been made. Kindly forward my request to the insurance company for necessary amendment and issue a new card. Your early response would be appreciated.

I look forward to receiving your reply urgently.