How to use this forum?

Hello Torsten,
I am thankful for the lessons that you are sending me regularly. I am very grateful,hope I will improve well, I am not a good speaker and writing essay. I want to learn as much I can.

Hi everyone! Iā€™m new on this site,and I want to thanks the administrator

Hiā€¦ this is a simple storyā€¦ After reading it, you can write your own reflection about the main idea of the storyā€¦ This is how I practice my English.

ā€œA man stopped at a flower shop to order some flowers to be wired to his mother who lived to hundred miles away. As he got out of his car, he noticed a young girl sitting on the curb sobbing. He asked her what was wrong and she replied, " I wanted to buy a red rose for my mother, but I only have seventy-five cents, and a rose costs two dollars.ā€ The man smiled and said, ā€œCome on with me. Iā€™ll buy you a rose.ā€ He bought the little girl her rose and ordered his own motherā€™s flowers. As they were leaving, he offered the girl a ride home. She said, ā€œYes, please! You can take me to my mother.ā€ She directed him to the cemetery, where she placed the rose on a fleshly dug grave. The man returned to the flower shop, canceled the wired order, picked up a bouquet and drove the two hundred miles to his motherā€™s house."

Hi Torsten,

Iā€™m Iris. I want to ask some updated strategies for my nautical students to be motivated in writing essays and pargraphs. Most men hate to write. Their perception is they could not use their writing skill onboard. I tried to break this notion and I want them to be motivated to write. Another problem is they are poor in vocabulary, that is why they donā€™t like to write. So, Iā€™m asking if you could help me with this.

Thanks.

Hi Torsten,

Thank you for my first and second lessons. I did listen to your colleaque Sue Darville. her introduction was interested. My first and second English lessons were helpful. I was born in Liberia, West Africa, and did my high school and college studies in Liberia. Presently, I am living in Pennsylvania,the United States. My scores in the English test 1 is 9/10, the second Englist test 2 are 8/10 for Drive carefully and is 7/10 for Listen vs. Hear. I have been making effect to communicate with you but I did know how to go about it.

Thank you again

Swaray

Hi Torsten
Thank you for helping so many people to learn English ,I have two problems in English, first I donā€™t now many wards in English ,second I canā€™t write most of the wards correctly, Iā€™ll try to be a good student here and to learn as much as I can .
thanks
Dekrayat

Hi Torsten
I hope you are fine.
I are new and I wish you send me the first Class of English to practice and to improve my language. As you know, this a new chance to begin and to participe in this network. Iā€™ve read your antecedents and must recognize you level and I suppose that you are pride with your achievements.

At my case, I would happy if I can speak and the people can understand me.
This is my nth attemp to learn this language and this process is something hard, I believed that it was easier but it is a huge challenge. Sometimes Iā€™ve thought left all but my interesting continue and at the end I hpo to reach.
Bye, bye
jorge

Hello Jorge,

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback. You obviously have been making great strides because your English is already very good. Keep up the great work!

Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Two co-workers discuss a memo on dress code[YSaerTTEW443543]

hello mr torsten i dont know how to reply you i followed your lessons i see it so easy ,i want to learn speaking very well, im very good in writing but when i want to speak ,i cant why i dont know .i m looking ahead for your respond.my best thank

Hello Mr. Torsten Daerr,

Subject: To do English lessons offline.

This coming Saturday and this coming Sunday, I will have to do my English lessons offline because the Internet shop I frequent will be closed. However, it will be open again next Monday. On that day, I will go back to the Internet shop and continue with my English lessons online again.

The boss of the Internet shop is attending his relativeā€™s special dinner in his hometown. Since his hometown is located in another state, he has to travel a considerable distance this weekend for the special event.

During both of the closing days, this Saturday and this Sunday, I will be studying my English offline on my own. For the sake of improving my English, I will be studying English grammar textbooks and reading newspapers.

Before concluding, I would like to thank you for your guidance and support. In addition, I look forward to continuing my English lessons online again from next Monday onwards.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.

Hay all,

Iā€™m Andrew, Iā€™m Indonesian. Now i stay at Singapore
I want to improve my English, please advise me :slight_smile:

and I have a question, what should i do with the email that i received from English test :slight_smile:
how can i learn systematically?

Thank you and regards

Andrew

hi sir,

I received the mail in pdf form.
If itā€™ll receive in recording form itā€™ll useful how can mouth-out the words.

Thanks and regards
Senthil

Hello everybody. I hope to learn a lot with all of you. I need to improve vocabulary and speaking.

I"m taking a lot of time writing this because I have to think in the words I Know.

Hell, Torsten!
My name is Igal. I am from Israel. I just received your lesson number 7 and I enjoy it
very much. I love to learn English very much and I want to improve it as much as I can.
I feel that I have a lot improve because there are so many words in English . It challenge
me every day to learn more and more new words and sometimes I feel there no end to
this and sometimes it frustrating me but I will go on antil I know better. dear Torten
I want to thank you for your lessons and to all ataff there. best regards and good day.

Hello Torsten,

Thank you for your quick response to my registration problem. My name is Betty and I am from Greece.

I have received my first lesson and I have visited all links included so I have an idea of what TOEIC exam is about. The first lesson was very easy but I donā€™t mind starting from square one.

I wish to give the test for TOEIC at some point in the near future. I have learned my English through daily practice and at work and not through a school. As such I know that I will need to cover a lot of material in order to pass the test. At the same time I will need some guidance in organizing my study and improving my English.

Have a lovely day
Betty

hi im azam im from iran
my field in the university was an english translation

i joined to english net
now im a teacher in the school and i should be knowlagable
.i have a self confidence but i have a problem in using grammer
i started to study from 6 YEARS OLD
just this

Hello,Torsten
Iā€™m Soyoloo. Iā€™m from Mongolia.
I received your 2 lessons by email.
I want to improve my english very fast.
So you can help me. Thanks a lot to you.

Good morning Mr Torsten.I am Temilade Ogunro from Nigeria,I love your website,it is the best thing I have ever discover,I am glad am part of this forum.Please i will like you to help me and correct my essay.I will send it through this post,pls kindly help me to correct any error.Your quick response will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Mr Torsten,please help me correct this essay,I look forward to your response.Thank you sir.

Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them
As a matter of facts, computer games are device created in form of computer, which have both hard and software inputted in it for enjoyment by children.
Computer games are of different sizes and products. Its importance in educating young people canā€™t be denied .Some of the importance is, helping children to think and reason logically. Most computer games are brain tasking before, someone can win it, he or she must be able to think very well and device techniques that can be use in winning the game. Meanwhile, creativity by young people playing computer games canā€™t be under estimated, as this help them in school and in real life when face with a difficult or tough challenges. For instance, playing of games on PS2, can be tasking and difficult to win .it requires using of skills and tactics.
Also, computer games, educate our children on what is going on globally. That is, it helps them to be current and this improves their knowledge on what is going on around them. For example, some games that are played on computer, children needs to goggle it, to search for it online, and in doing this they widen their knowledge on other aspect of technology and increase their efficiency in using a computer.
However, playing computer games have a negative impact on a child if the time need to use for this is not properly plan. For instance, a child must not use the time he or she needed to study or do his assignment or use for lesson or bible study in playing games. More so, parents and guiding can help their children to avoid negative effects of this on them by proper monitoring of their children at home.
Lastly, children engaging in playing games, give their parent time to rest or do some other necessary thing at home while they are undisturbed by them. From my own point of view and experience, I will suggest that playing computer games should not be eradicated among children because its importance outweigh its negative impacts on children.