How good is your English?

Hello! :slight_smile:

How can I define advanced? For me Native speaker is advanced. Native speaker is a speaker who was born in England and if he cant distinguish me from the other English women while chatting with me in this case I could say, wow Im advanced English learner!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: This course is so suitable for me, I like the way you teach through the letters, when I want to learn more your site gives me such possibilities, this site is a sunshine for my brain :wink: it gives the methods and the sources, it engages and the best of all I had not to Cram!!! Brilliant! Great! Thanks a lot!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Oh one last thing, don`t forget to send me your Sunny letters! :wink:

Dina

Hi! I can say that without passing a couple of tests, you cannot measure your level in English. I go along with those who think that the only wa to know your English level is to talk witj other people who master it, so that they can tell whether you are advanced or intermediate.
For my own case, I have made a couple of tests in an English language center. I have been classified at the intermediate level.

Hello Torsten,
I think I am the beginner of the beginners, you don’t hear me on the forum because I speak ( or write) so hard in English and (it’s true ) I use a forum for first time. I have an impression that you are upset and I’m sorry. I like very very much your site and if sometime , who knows when, I’ll learn to speak good enough your wonderful language, it will be your merit ( I don’t know an other better word)probable more than mine. If. But I steel hope to learn although I have not much time and I’m too old for this.
Best wishes for you and your team , Katalina

Hello Katalina, and congratulations on being brave enough to write this message.

You are by no means a beginner. Although you might find it hard, you are doing a great job. The merit is all your own.
Also - you are never too old.

Hello Torsten sir, I want to answer this question about my level.English course learning is unlimited.Nobody can say i am perfect in english accept of native english people.because there are so many skill in english language like writting,speaking,reading,pronounciation of the english. The pronounciation of english is very important if one word will mistake total sentance is wrong.so i have to work very hard then after sometimes only i can check my english level.
My best regards,
Pawansai

Hello,Nola
I am pawan sai,I seen your message about learning is unlimited.It’s a good message for everyone who are learning english language.I am agree with you that we have to learn from the first breath to last one.I am follow your advice,kindly support me for my better english.
With my best redards,
Pawan sai

dear Mr Torsten
In the recent mail you asked me about my english level. So I think I have learned a lot of things so far. I have aquestion for you. Coud you give me a test for testing my english level? I’m wating for your answer.
Your sincerely
Chris

Hi, Torsten and all guys that like and eager to learn English!
I’d like to tell you about my English level, too. I completely agree that English learning is unlimited untill our last breath, and good results depend from our desire, hard working and practise with native speakers. As many learners I have more problems with English speaking than with reading or writing. Also, I have learned many English grammar rules, so I when I take English level tests, usually I get upper-mediate level. But I think my conversational level, knowledge about English idioms, different expressions, and listening comprehension is more lower. But I hope eventually I will improve my English and go ahead and ahead.
Good luck everybody!
Please, correct my mistakes in this message, it helps me very much in improving my writing.
Thank you to all coaches on this amazing site!

Hello, Torsten,

I must commend you for these on line courses. And your lessons have been both educating and refreshing for me.

My level of the English Language is quite advanced as I have my first degree in English Language (BA Hons) from a reputsble university in Nigeria. I am only refreshing my skills and also trying to improve on them.

While I do not claim to I know everything, I believe I am proficient in the Language. Moreover, I have scored about 92% or above in the various tests that I have taken.

So don’t you think I need more advanced materials?

Hello Mr Torsten…
How are you?
I have read your last email and i hope to be advanced student.
For any way thank you very much to your effort.
I am looking forward to test my self to know my level.
Thank you!!!

Hi Youssef, you can assess your level of English with this test: english-test.net/toeic/exam/simulator1/[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: In which city were you born?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear all,

I am going through your lessions since the last one and half months. But, I do not know at what level I reached. Some of the audios are very clear that I can understand the accent while reading the text at the same time. But, some audios are in such a speed that I cannot follow the text.

Hi, Torsten Thanks a lot for Lesson15 I’m tryiing to answer your guestions. First of all , my definition of ADVANCED. Naturally.it’s very modern and AN ADVANCED LEARNER of English is studying at a difficult level. To reach this level …Oh…it’s a pie in the sky if you don’t live ina proper environment but for me a day without English is a waste of time.Now I am rereading John Steinbeck TRAVELS WITH CHARLEY .The choice of authors and their works might be one of the tools or instruments of measuring your level of English Best regards Maliavkina

Oh… A mistake in the word .Sorry. Have a nice day! Maliavkina

peace, merce and blessings of GOD
Mr Torsten
My english level it’ good but not excellent because I need to study more and more . If I want to be the best, I must sudy and searsh about any thing in english for increase my english language . many thanks for this question .

peace
baraah

hello mr.torsten
i think it is very important to check yourself aftre every time … to specify what did you learn for this time duration …
and also we need to continue learn more and more and moooooooooooore …
thank you for all your help…
best regards
mohgadal

I believe the basis of measuring one’s English level should be on how well the readers understand what you are trying to impart or to relate. I have seen a number of writers who scored 4 out of the required 5 rating for an English test and yet they are not good writers. Not good in the sense that these writer could hardly convince the reader from understanding what they have written. So level of one’s English knowledge can’t be measured through numerical standard. Make them write and see how well they could put their feelings and heart into their writing. One will probably then know how well your English level is. — just an opinion.

Hi Torsten!
I’d had a problem with my computer, so my answer is a litle bit late. Well, you asked me about advanced learners and how I would define my level of English. I realy don’t know what to say about my level. Sokrat said: " I know that know nothing". I can say the same about myself. I completly agry with your opinion about advanced learners. And I think it’s quite early for me to qualify for the “advanced category”. To Know English well the learners must study English step by step. I’m happy that I have already known a lot of interesting things from your lessons and sure I will know more.
Thank you very much
Best regards
Lara

Dear Mr Torsten,
How are you today Teacher ? I hope everything is good for you. Moreover, I hope you will be enjoying with your dates. I firstly would like to thank your grate message and lesson. Those are really helpful me to understand how to speak well in English. However, I sometimes have some problem confused with myself when i need to write my homework. some problems, which confuse me, are that How different adjective ( + V - ving and ed) as well as " AS". I am now still challenging with these problems. For example, when I use ’ AS’ in a sentence, which conditions I need to explain. Instead using ’ AS’ for building sentences, I sometimes confused with " Like" . I would like to thank you again for sending new lesson to me.I am really improved my English skill by your teaching and lesson.

Best Regards/
Mai Mao Jar

Dear Mai Mao Jar,

If you have any grammar or vocabulary questions, please post them here: english-test.net/forum/posti … topic&f=17

Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and his counselor[YSaerTTEW443543]