How good is your English?

Dear Torsten,

As your topic providing, basic learing of English is important while sometime i forgot about them and need to be repeat even if they look like easy one. Of course, i am not native speaker, so i have to improve my english everyday. Normally if i do not use or practice for English language, i will lose them. I feel to start them again and again that make me waste the time. Right!. Now it better because i have to do.
However, thank you for your leasons.
Pets.

Hi! Torsten

I’d received your email lesson right now. Thanks you so much. I am thinking what’s my level after read your question is “how you define advanced”. It’s quite difficult to answer for me because I do not know which level I reached. I thought I can be reached to intermediate level. Now I am trying to sit IELTS exam. I studied through online and sit free exam test. I faced the problem in listening. I do not understand even I listend two or three time again and again. I understand what catagories they say but wrongly fill up in the blank after listening. I am not satisfty my english skill. I think I am on the half way.

Currently I am working for International Trading Company in Singapore since 2 years ago. Now I have a plan to relocate to Austrilia. You know it is English speaking country so that I must be a fluent speaker to good communicate with them. Reason for relocate is I want to study more in there and want to work and save money also. In the other hand, I heard Austrlia is good to stay and work life is not so stressful like as Singapore. Other reason is I love to stay in wide country. I love flowers, nature and love to see beautiful secenry and want to breath fresh air.

Please advice me how can I run to my goal…I mean how to try to become a fluent speaker within short time… :}}

Good health in yours

P.S. Please advice my skill by return post. :slight_smile:

Best wishes
Cho

Hi Torsten!
I was surprised by the criterion you have offered for estimation of the “advanced English learner”. Based on your criterion, Shakespeare did not know his native language with the absence of knowledge “how to use Internet forum”.
On my opinion, “advanced English learner” is person who knows very well grammer and has writing, reading and listening skills. Such kind of person has only one problem to improve pronunciation.
My own level is beginning.

Hi Torsten

I have read your question, I can’t measure my english level yet.

Beause I have just started to learn english I have long way to go.

I always find difficult when I speak with some one because every body around me speaks very well.

I have been living in england for thirty five years but never went school or collage here
after all these years I think its never too late to learn something.

I will apreciate if you email me and let me know how many mistakes i have made writing this sentence. Does it make any sence.

Have a good day

Jeet

Dear Torsten,
I agree completly with Nola , that the learner have to looking for more and more to stay in a movment forword always.
best rergards , sorry for my English!

Hi everybody,
This case has two status , the first learner didn’t reach the required level at English yet , and he think that he became fully English person , then he will stay naive.
the second one has reached that level and achived his target actualy , then he can use his English well.
but at any rate the learner must go ahead learning more and more infinitely , because he will find always knowledge to be learnd or experience to be gained.
best wishes

Its hard to rate a humans capability in using a language and self rating is not all a possible. Because learning is something like an endless road, it goes on and goes on. It will be hard to find an end for it. So as we don’t know the end how can one say “this much i got” ? For me a comparison is possible but its hard to rate ones language. Even though comparison is possible we don’t want to hurt anyone, so lets work on it more to achieve more. :slight_smile:

The most important thing is talk. You can define your level of English by talking with foreigner))

Hello!

My English is not that good. My knowledge on grammar is poor. I can grasp only few words when a native English man speaks. My pronunciation is far behind the standard. The accent is not up to the mark. And intonations are to practice a lot. I want to develop the level of my English to a certain stage. I found esl-test.net is of much help for this endeavor. I realized with consistent and consecutive efforts I can achieve a lot.

Thanking you,

Mujibur

Hi every one . I am Shin from Saudi Arabia . I have been learning English for 6 years . the problem is all the people around me do not speak english . So I feel pooring and boring . I do not know How my English level is ? I just walk through the sites . I need your advise . What I have to do ? And I need your opinion about my writing ?" this writing ?

Hi Shin!

Your English standard is really good. It seems you want to develop further in acquiring better skills of English language. First of all, you are to ask yourself, how determined you are? If you are really motivated enough to learn effective skills, then you are to follow the instructions with lot of seriousness provided with the lessons e-mailed to you by the english-test.net Team.

Best regards,

Mujibur

Thank you my dear Mujibur . i will follow your advise . you gave me more motivation to learn more .

hi how are you

Thank you very much majbur for your advice . I think that you are agree with me that there are some difficult skills in English language specailly grammar skill . Because there are 14 tense . so , I find some difficulties in using some of them . What do you think the best solve to this problem ?

Hello Shin,

I appreciate your attempts to go deep into the grammar parts. It is very much needed. Are you regularly taking the tests of this website? If any forum member takes in an average 3 tests per day from ESL test site, he is supposed to have better command on the English language. Please keep up your good work!

Mujibur

You are right Majibur . But , you know , those testes do not come to my inbox just only essays . or should I direct to them in the forum .?

Hi Shin,

You are welcome with your query. To go to the ESL tests what I do? I open my progress report page logging in to the forum. Then I click on the latest test topic I attended; then click to the next test. This way you can take as much tests you want. Please take at least 3 tests per day. I’m taking now about 10 tests everyday. I want to be one of the TOP 100’s within short time.

Good luck!

Mujibur

You have big wishes to be one of 100 to learner . I have the same thing see you there mu dear kind teacher . I promise you that you are ot going to proceed me .

You have big wishes to be one of 100 top learner . I have the same thing . see you there my dear kind teacher . I promise you that you are not going to proceed me . I will do my best to catch you .

I realy know that you will be in 100 top learner Shin. Take it real go step by step and you will get to the top.