Happy new year in Bulgarian

Continuing the discussion from Happy New Year to everyone!

HI, everybody. I am new here at the forum. It’s great pleasure and honour
Torsten asked me to post:“Happy NewYear"in Bulgarian
Here it is” Честита Нова Година"and for “cheers”-наздраве.

3 Likes

Hi Kristi,
May be it is interesting to know that Bulgarian and Russian letters are the same. Честита Нова Година to you too )
Regards,
Vitaly

3 Likes

Hi Kristi and Vitaly, the interesting thing about Russian and Bulgarian is that both languages are quite similar to each other. I have learned Russian and can understand about 80% of pretty much any text written in Bulgarian…

2 Likes

Hey there. Torsten. I don’t know whether you have received my last post. Maybe not. I should hit here below the typing field “reply,” I go to the reply option and my post to Vitaly wasn’t sent. Whatever. Yes, both Russian and Bulgarian have the the Ciririlic alphabet. When started learning Russian I was 9 and Russian was a compulsory subject on the syllabus for many years as a second languages. I had English’-1st set subject at the Lanvuage school, and 2 second -German and Russian. About German I’ m really angry at myself as it was my 1st language and was the wonder-child in the neibourhood a nd wanted to apply with German at the language school but my dad was a very farsighted man and told me"If you want to be at the lsnguage school, you’ll apply with English." At that time ,1973 there were a few people knowing English. Ss at the Lang. Schools and teachers or if you go to university and continue with English lang. and literature
We call it here" philology". Then my Russian and German were at may be B1. Now neither German, nor Russian. I still can speak a little Russian sudconsciously/ you know better than me in your articles🤩 and I know what powerful instrument the subconscoous mind is as it is responsible for our dreams, fantasies, learning languages, when you will be born and die, when you will marry, how many children you’ll ll have etc etc. I’m interested a lot in this topic a nd have read several books on different aspect of that and it has helped me a lot in many activities… So, if you prefer I can write yo you in Bulgarian and you respond in German so to make up a little for the wasted time. I love German .most people detested but compared to Russian it’s a pale copy. Probably Russian is one of the most difficult lang. regarding g grammar.
You haven’t told me when you’d prefer to start our Bulgarian sessions. I in Bulgarian you in German. Don’t worry to tell me, this will make me extremely happy. So, help me to be happy, please. As I have mentioned, I know you are extremely happy and I wonder when you have free time a nd how you endure. I was like you and have always been kind of of workaholic.
I could have 3 private lessons a day, now no more than1 or 2 as I am at home.

I ’ m keenly looking for your response. We’ll work out the schedule.
P.s. since March last year, when the epidemic measures were taken I almost have no private lessons and this has been my daily routine almost during all my working experience. I haven’t t worked only as a teacher but always with English. My burn out has started but though I couldn’t easily get used to the new situation. I had lessons for a private language firm but the payment was too low and people were unemployed and couldn’t have children as ss. Before I had to refuse to accept several children or adults a week as my schedule was full… Well, i have twice a month online teaching in Sofia
and 1 boy preparing for his matriculation exam. But his leve at grammar is A2 and the exam is level B2 and gave no guarantee but even though he wants to continue with the lessons Sorry for that long message but I’ m still trying to persuade you once you accepted my offer for the sessions.
See you.
Krisi.

2 Likes

Hi Hristina, yes I have seen all your posts and will read them more in-depth soon.