Do you want to be my friend?

Hi Rudy,

Nice to see you.

You wanna friend with me?

Best regards,
Saravanan Shanmugam

Welcome back, Thirdgoblin. :wink:

Hi Bagheera!

How have you been? Can we go back to our old conversation about books?
What are you reading these days?

Hi everybody,
This is KS Narwariya from India. I am very happy to find such a website where we can meet many talents of the world. We can learn the meaning of humanity by taking world as a family.

Hi everybody,
This is KS Narwariya from India. I am very happy to find such a website where we can meet many talents of the world. We can learn the meaning of humanity by taking world as a family.

Hi friends,
Language is a beautiful thing which can be learnt while enjoying it. English language through which entire world can be viewed.

Hi Thirdgoblin,

I’m fine, not working at the moment, so have plenty of time to indulge life. To tell you the truth I gave up reading a bit. Oh, all these websites are really addictive, you know. But there is a book I started to read a few months ago ‘Everyone worth knowing’ by L. Weisberger (the best selling author of Devil Wears Prada) and I think I have to finish it. Well, to be frank I prefer classics to glamorous novels like that, but the language is modern and you can find a few collocations worth your attention. Very girlish and not serious literature, reminds you series of ‘Sex and the City’.

What about you?

Heeeeey newcommers, welcome aboard!!!

I prefer classics too, but recently, I’ve started reading from some other genres. You know, sometimes you need some variety.
I haven’t read Devil Wears Prada because I’m very skeptical as to whether I’ll like it or not.

Currently I’m reading two books at the same time.

1. “The ascent of money,” by Niall Ferguson. As the name suggests, it’s about how money came into existence and became the most important thing in life, at least for some. It has also been adapted into a documentary. Anything related to economics bores the hell out of me, but not this one. It is so nicely written.

2. “On Writing,” by Stephen King: A must read for everyone who likes writing…

Hmm, never have read about that book before but sounds really gripping.

Have heard a lot, mostly positive about S.King, but somehow omitted his literary heritage. What is your opinion of this modern writer? Which novels are worth being read in your view?

Actually this is the first Stephen King book I’m reading. That too after being advised by many people.

The book I’ve mentioned is really funny though. As I said you should definitely read it if you’ve got time.

People often miss out on reading King’s work because the supernatural or fantasy elements of many of his stories don’t appeal to them, but the way Stephen King develops the lives of characters in his semi-fictional American townships is brilliant.

Couldn’t agree more.
His novels are also quite spooky, which is the thing that appeals to me the most. I have an affinity for the supernatural.

Hi all , would you please like to send email to me…I m fine n anxiously waiting for your kind reply…

Thank you, Beverley.

Thank you, Tort.

What novels by S. King would you recommend me to read?

Hey AslamBeg, we are not writing e-mails, we are learning on the site. Come on in and join!

Yes, that is why I avoided reading his books till now.
However, I’m going to start on his other books once I finish this one. I’m fascinated by his style. It seems so effortless. It’s like he is narrating the whole thing to me while talking over a cup of tea.

Sounds really great. Since I have graduated I prefer reading which doesn’t demand much efforts. But, at times, you know, our conscience lacks some food for thought.

Any time :)))
I’d suggest reading “The Tommyknockers”, or “The Dead Zone” or “The girl who loved Tom Gordon”.
But I think all of his novels are worth reading.

Only bother with the Tommyknockers and The Dead Zone if you like stories with a seriously horrific supernatural twist.
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, is much gentler reading --as is Rose Madder.
Misery comes somewhere between the two, having nothing supernatural but still building the suspense and horror.
His short story anthologies provide a mix of genres.