Do you want to be my friend?

Oh, I forget to record my own idea about the question.
Steve Ford, from Youtube, says that you must not compare the ideas. Just support your main idea, or else you time will run out quickly. Also, he says, you should at least present two key points in your speaking section, plus introduction and conclusion.

Please talk about one minute, and do not rerecord. Let’s here what you can say in first try. before recording, you can think about your ideas. It doesn’t matter how much it will take, but please record just once. Do not read from a text! LOL!
I will try to share more hints about organizing your thoughts.

Many thanks.
-Salivan

Here my audio! If you want I’ll post a transcript later.
cya

Marcelo, we don’t have your record!

-Salivan

P.S.

Also, please do not write in SMS mode. I myself don’t like that form of writing. LOL!
Cheers!

Hello Salivan,

I don’t know what happened, but for now I can record my voice.
Thanks
Marcelo.

Violence!
I like that part of your opinion. I have some other question would like to ask, but, let hear other friends’ opinions first.
Marcelo, enjoy the party. Give my regards and greets to your uncle.

-Salivan

Hello Salivan,

Thanks for your tips, and interesting point you put here.
You don’t like SMS mode but you put “LOL” wich can also mean SMS, and it means “Laughing Out Loud” hehehe
However, if it bothers you I won’t use anymore, OK! So, go ahead!
I’m living right now to enjoy our Easter holiday hehe
Best wishes Salivan,
Thanks again.
Marcelo.

Hi , nice to meet u, my name is Ana and i´m from Brazil, i ´m here to improve my english skills and make friends.

Best Regards

Hi Ana, What a nice avatar! LOL! Please, ‘u’ is not a word; it’s ‘You’, and ‘i’ also is not a word, ‘I’ is correct.

Marcelo, I have expected that you will criticize me about that ‘LOL’. But, it’s an acronym. LOL! I hope that you get the picture that how it is annoying to try read people’s post like ‘hi, h r u? i m salivan. did u do ur hw? b 4 n’, which is ‘Hi, I am Salivan. Did you do your homework? Bye for now.’

We are here to write in its correct form. I don’t think so that I am SMS-ing someone, Right?

-Salivan

P.S.
Marcelo, you must tell us about your Easter vacation, OK?

Hello everyone,

Like Pasban (Salivan) here, I am also a fellow learner in the forum. It is a pleasure to meet all of you.

As you may have seen, this forum has a wide range of materials for learners and/or teachers of English. If I may suggest, prior to continuing your exploration of the website and further postings, everyone here should check out these recommendation about how to write posts in this forum. The explanation about SMS style writing from Pasban accounts to these suggestions.

Hi Ari,
How are you my friend? Such a nice coincidence we have you here! It seems that we have an Indonesian learner here.
By the way, I really don’t like to read inappropriate way of English writing in these learning forums. Making mistakes is OK, but as Kitos told us, if you understand where you were wrong, try not to do it again! LOL!

-Salivan

P.S.
Try this: How can I improve my writing skills!

Hello Salivan, Hello Youscream, Hello everybody,

Salivan, of course I’m not criticizing you ok?! I perfectly understand what you mean, I’m here to learn even more, and I’m so grateful about your tips, I got it, stay calm hehe, go ahead!

What I can tell you about my Easter holiday?!! It was great, it was just a family reunion, my daughters played a lot around the house in the country.
My Uncle cooked a tasty codfish and here in Brazil we called Bacalhau hehe, everything was cooked to perfection and the Bacalhau was cooked with many spices, sincerely it was delicious and in my humble opnion it was to die for hehe.
Do you like codfish? What kind of food do you like? As for me, I’m a lover of lasagna and barbecue, and I’m also like Arabian cuisines, my father-in-law makes an excelente and tasteful Tabbouleh, kafta, and mainly Mehchi mahfuf, I don’t how to pronounce it
correctly hehe.
This time I’m putting here my personal transcript.
That’s all for today.
I’m a little tired, because I’ve just arrived at my home.
See you tomorrow.
Thanks.
Bye.

Hi Everbody ! My name is Bruno, I’m from Brazil :smiley: Add me brunonakayabu9@hotmail.com

Hi Salivan,

I tracked several of your posts and I have to say that I admire your hard work to both improve you English and help your fellow learners despite the challenges that you face in your own country. to all Folks, this gentleman from Iran possess the character of a good friend, the trait of a teacher and the heart of a lion. Stick with him and you’ll know what I mean.

I could not agree with you more. An exchange becomes difficult if the meaning conveyed is biased by errors. This definitely goes with writing as well. I think that this is one of the reasons why posts with proper writing generally gain better and quicker response from our experts. A donkey never fall in a same hole twice, so why should we?

I think that the issue with LOL, ROTFL, LMAO would be a nice discussion in one of the topics. They are definitely acronyms, but these words are definitely not (yet) included in any textbook on written English, as far as I know. Care to start a thread, friend? ^^

The sight of your fellow countrymen trying to improve themselves is always motivating and heart warming. I believe that it goes for both you and I. Have you met Mixmixi?

Hi,
Many thanks, Ari and Marcelo.
Marcelo, I am happy that the party was fine, and Manuela and Mariana had blasts.
Ari you are right. For your quote, please check this link.

To be honest, It really makes me happy when teachers, or even learners correct me. It must be a damn feeling if you become upset because of others’ corrections. I am here to improve both my all English skills, and also social ones. However, I am ANGRY, some one please stop me! Just kidding friends! LOL!

Hey, I love to see Mixmixi, but I think he is, um, somehow busy, and I would rather to do not bother him. However, I think it’s better to make an appointment with him. Hum, Yes, why not!

I want to go to my bed, and sleep a little bit more - Yawning. I slept at 4am; it’s 8am now, and I just wanted to check this forum. Well, I will come back soon. Zzzzz!

-Salivan

P.S.
Hey, Ari, I created a new topic here. Check it out.

Ok. Thank you .Hope we became friends.

Hi,
Ari, Maria, Ana, Karim, I am still waiting to hear your ideas about this question: Should children play electronic games? Why and why not?
However, I would like to ask another question and talk about that: If I had one million dollar, I would…
To be honest, I was thinking about create a new topic, and talk about grammar rules. For example, the above question is related to conditional sentence type two.

Form2: if + Simple Past, Conditional-1 which is (would + Infinitive)
If I had one million dollar,I would buy a very big house.
If I found her address, I would send her an invitation.

I would like to hear your opinion.
Cheers,

-Salivan

P.S.
Please check this out: englisch-hilfen.de/en/exercises_list/if.htm

If I had one million dollar, I would …

@Maria: Welcome in this forum. It will be nice to have friends to practice English like you.

@Salivan: How are you my friend? I am really sorry not to post an essay in this weekend. Actually I was busy as one of my friend is leaving for Australia today. So we just wanted to have some good time along with other friends. I hope to manage some time to post 1/2 essays in this week.

Best regards,
Nipun

Oops!!!

I made a mistake. I haven’t seen that this thread has become so longer and also some more people have joined in this thread. I would like to welcome you all in this forum.

best regards,
Nipun

Hi,
Many thanks Nipun.
You are right. this forum has grown up already. Happy to have you here again. Give my regards to that friend of yours. LOL.

Oh, you didn’t tell us your ideas yet, did you? I am deadly waiting to hear you.

-Salivan