Do you want to be my friend?

Hi Logi,
Welcome to this forum. May I ask you where is Lithuania located? By your post, I think its in Europe, but which direction? Logi, What do you think about other countries? Do you like to live in the US?

-Salivan
P.S.
Akainix, Thank you for your explanation. When I first started to study English, they were so many questions about Can you speak Spanish? No, I can’t. I can speak English!; I was thinking that they must have something related, and for clarity, they wanted to know their accents!

P.P.S.

hi pasban110 and akainix,
Te country Lithuania lies East of Europe, we have a border with Baltic sea. about another countries… I want to say that to know of anther country land, people, culture and etc is brill. I always want to know how does living people in another countries… Also I love the travel and I thinking about how to stay in New Zealand or Australia.

You changed your avatar! Where have you stood in your new avatar?
Oh, mind you tell us about your journey to Japan? Was you on business, or on vacation?

-Salivan

I am stay in my born town Klaipeda. This town is seaport of Lithuania. More information in google.com site :wink: heee it’s great story. I have learned in university of Munchen (Germany) and I met Japnian guy, whish lived in Tokyo. We keeping good contact very much, and after two years I had a trip to Japan for fun :slight_smile:

Japnian? Japanese!
Hope that you tell the story once!

-Salivan

hi
i am karim from France i am here to improve my english and to make new friends.
i am from Lille ( is in the north of France) i am an IT engineer i like football (soccer) read and travel.

what about you ? ( do you want to be my friend ?)

Hi Kartah,
Of course, we would like to extend our friendship here. I played my last football game about…, I think it was about ten or twelve years ago! I also like to read novels, psychological books, but they are somehow make me feel bored. You know, I can’t concentrate to read a book completely. But I like to read fairy and children stories (Blush, LOL!).
Where is that place in your avatar? You look like a muscleman, don’t you? I am a little bit skinny! LOL! Oh, do you work for a company? If you do, what is your career there?

-Salivan

P.S.
Kartah, what does i mean?

hi Salivan,
thank you for your reply.
My english is not good so you can correct my mistake.
i like read all kind of book : novels, philosophical books, …
The place in my avatar is Koln in Germany, the building behind me is th cathedral of Koln is the fourth biggest in the world.
I am not a muscleman i am just normal.
Yes i work for a company i am it engineer i program software.
Kartah is just a pseudoname.

where are you from Salivan ?
what do you in life ?

regards.

Many thanks for your reply.
Well, I am a last-year student now. I look forward to studying my PhD abroad. I would like to become a college teacher. I have done some business projects, too. I am also a programmer, too. I have worked with VB, Delphi, MatLab, ASP, Flash, and Script languages as well. But for now, I am totally free to study for the TOEFL exam.

-Salivan
P.S.
Please take a look at this Hey everyone! My name is priya and this one.

Hello everybody on this topic.
Hello Pasban

How are you?

Im quite sure Pasban that you are kind and polite person.
You are helping a lot of people here and of course you like to make friends.
I’m from Brazil and I’m looking for anyone who wants to improve English skills, mainly Spoken English, I’m taking class with a teacher who lived about 15 years in USA, but he is the only person that I’m talking English right now.

If you noticed my english is not good.
Actually I have 2 serious problems with English, first one, is my terrible grammar and another is because I’m a little shy to try Speaking English with someone else, because I know that I’m making a lot of mistakes and perhaps the other person who is hearing me may feel certain discomfort or simply won’t have patience, thats why I’m afraid of make mistakes and I end up getting ashamed.
However I’m here to make friends and get to know many different cultures.
Have you ever been to Brazil?
Best wishes.
Marcelo.

Hi Marcelo,
How are you? More importantly, How are your daughters? Don’t forget to kiss them for me…LOL! Well, to be honest, I already read some of your posts three days a go. Those pictures was really nice - I think it was Jaquia, or something like that!

I know what you mean. It happened for me for a long time, but what I did, was to go against my fear, and get confidence. It already happens for my friends; here in Tabriz, one of the northwestern cities in Iran; when I beg them to speak with me -(Damn them, however. LOL!) they said just do not bother us!

It’s really blushing when you make a mistake, but they said that you must learn from your mistakes. For example, I constantly say ‘he’, when I must say ‘she’; I’ll see you On Tabriz, instead of in Tabriz. But things must not end there that you made a mistake and you yourself noticed that. What I did was just to analyze what did I say. I learned from my mistakes. It is as simple as this.
However, I am a learner, too. It’s quite normal to make mistakes like these.

Grammatical mistakes will be solved by reading grammar books. Don’t worry. I suggest you that try grammar tests on this website. Also, read some of essays which Kitos corrected them.

-Salivan

P.S.
Essays: english-test.net/forum/forum16.html

P.P.S.
Would you mind upload your daughters’ photo in your personal gallery? Of course if you mind.

P.P.P.S
Sorry, I think I did some mistakes - discontinues sentences! I feel sleep. It’s about more than fifteen hours that I am surfing these forums.

Hello Marcelo,

I agree with you, it happens the same with me, I`m to shy when I speak english therefore I don´t have the fluency that I would like to have. Anyway I think everyone in here knows that and understand.

By the way, welcome to the forum!!

Akainix

Hello Salivan,

I really got happy for your answer and tips.
I’ve already sent your affable kisses to them hehe.

Hi Akainix, how are you? I hope everything is ok, if you want we can try to talk each other or just practice writing skills too. I’m here to make friends!

As requested, follow some pics Salivan.

This pic was taken from my camera.
The left side is Marianna who is now 7 years old, in the middle of pic is my wife, and the right side is Manuela who is now 3 years old.

Here Manuela, and behind her, the bridge that goes to my uncle’s house.

Here Marianna at steak house tasting an ice cream.

Here some relatives in freshener and cold waterfall hehe.

That’s all for today.
I’m going to sleep now.
Bye.

Marcelo

Hello Ruby. I am Guowei from china. I would like to make new friends here.

I’m Thuy in Vietnam, I’m new here, I enjoy this forum and I will be glad to be friends for eveybody!!

Hi Marcelo, Maria, Guowei, Thuy, and other friends.
Marcelo, They are just beautiful and lovely! I think that I’m a little envious to you. LOL! Manuela and Mariana are so so beautiful.

-Salivan
P.S.
Guowei where is china, did you mean China? Is the background of your avatar a museum?
Thuy - or Sansan?; welcome to this forum? How are you? Where did you learn Chinese? It must be hard to learn that language, isn’t it?

Hi Salivan,
Oh, Thuy is my sister, her nickname is Wendynn, she posted that message this morning. She forget to sign out my nickname ^^.
I just began to study Chinese several month ago. ^^ Yeah. To be honest, it is difficult to study Chinese ^^ but it’s so interesting !

Hi I am Rose from Germany

Hi everybody, Mon, Thuong, Sulivan and the others. I’m so sorry for not replying your posts. I think I’ll tell you about myself first. I live in the middle of Sumatra Island, In a small city called Jambi, I bet you’ve never heard this name before : ) I’m married. I’m a student of an Open University in my country. Now about my country, Indonesia is an archipelago country with more than 13.000 islands, maybe some of you know about Bali, one of the most famous islands, I went there last month with my wife. Unfortunately, Indonesia is a non-English-speaking country, it means it’s difficult to practise your speaking here : (

Hi,
What do you think about children should play electronic games?

-Salivan