Content plan January -- April 2023

Dear @Andrea, @Elida, @Sumejja,

Thank you very much for your great work so far. I really appreciate your openness and spirit of collaboration and would like to hear your ideas on coming up with a content creation plan for the next 6 weeks. Until the end of January my plan is to keep the team of content creators and authors down to 6 (preferably you three with Natalia as our backend manager plus Christian who has been creating these materials.) It goes without saying that Alan is invited to join on in the action at any point in time.

During the initial phase of our project it’s vital that we focus on building structures and work processes while getting to know each as a result. So, here is my proposal:

Elida, you can go ahead and create 10 more TOEIC-based reading comprehension texts based on topics we source together. (I agree with the proposal you made via email.) Ideally, the texts cover topics listed here: New level of technological convergence?

Andrea and Sumejja, if you like you can continue creating with our blockchain project. However, if you feel you are running out of ideas you can as well create TOEIC-based reading comprehension exercises of the same format as Elida’s text using such sites as The Cointelegraph or Coindesk as the source texts.

In addition, I have some more writing ideas I can share with you if you like. To me, it’s crucial that from the very beginning we try to work as closely together as a virtual environment permits. Imagine we would be working together in a brick-and-mortar based company. We would have much more opportunity to share information and bounce ideas building a strong work relationship in the process. Unfortunately, a lot of communication doesn’t happen when you are restricted to collaborating online. To compensate for the lack of personal connectivity we should make an additional effort of typing our questions and thoughts into the message box here. I look forward to your ( positive :smiley: ) responses…

6 Likes

Hello everybody! @Torsten, I like your proposal, so I’ll start by pitching a few articles I find suitable for the Reading section tomorrow. Cheers & have a great weekend!

2 Likes

@Torsten, here are the articles I found interesting and relevant for the Reading comprehension:

1. The cashless society is a con – and big finance is behind it | Brett Scott | The Guardian

2. https://www.medicaldevice-network.com/features/3d-printing-in-the-medical-field-applications/

3. Types of Chatbots and How They Help Businesses | HackerNoon

4. Wireless charging explained: What is it and how does it work? | Computerworld

5. Understanding EUV Lithography: The Technology That Enables Extension of Moore’s Law

6. The green soul of the concrete jungle: the urban century, the urban psychological penalty, and the role of nature | Sustainable Earth Reviews | Full Text

7. Planetary health and reduction in meat consumption | Sustainable Earth Reviews | Full Text

8. Achieving a consensual definition of phishing based on a systematic review of the literature | Crime Science | Full Text

9. Nature conservation as a driver in wind energy scenarios | Energy, Sustainability and Society | Full Text

10. Why Mercedes's Self-Driving Trucks Are Set to Overtake Its Robotaxis | Fortune

Let me know what you think. Cheers!

1 Like

Well, I guess my initial response is just ‘great minds think alike’ :wink: Your list could have created by me too. Very interesting topics with lots of room for discussion. I especially look forward to these two of course:

Germany has set ambitious goals for the reduction of greenhouse gases. The decarbonisation of the energy system has been in focus. An important means to achieve this is the increased utilisation of wind energy. The growth of wind power entails changes not only in the electrical system but also in the landscape and environment. Prospectively, scenarios will have to consider a wide range of aspects, not only economics and technology but also nature conservation and social affairs. The authors are participating in the research study “Szenarien für den Ausbau der erneuerbaren Energien aus Naturschutzsicht”, funded by the Federal Agency for Nature Conservation, which examines the possibilities of integrating nature conservation into the development of scenarios.

Daimler—which is in the throes of cost-cutting as it scrambles to become a serious player in the electric era—will meanwhile “rightsize” the amount it is shelling out on autonomous tech for passenger cars.

3 Likes

Hey Torsten, this is the link where I’m going to put all my texts + questions (I’ll update the link constantly). I finished the first one, so let me know - all of you guys - what you think. Thanks!

2 Likes

Just checking in to say that this looks good to me! I still have blockchain phones to cover so I haven’t looked much further than that, but I can definitely look into reading comprehension tests that are also blockchain-related from both news sites and blog posts. We can go into more detail later :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Elida, thanks a lot for creating those ten tests three of which are already online. We’ll be adding the rest soon so please watch this space :wink: In the meantime, you can continue writing tests if you like. Cheers, Torsten

1 Like

Hey Torsten, the reading comprehensions 6-10 aren’t completely finished yet, but I will finish them tonight. I will continue writing tests after this and I’ll try to include interesting topics in the process :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Elida, please check your latest additons here:

Thank you very much, we look forward to your next creations :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @Sumejja, just a quick note to let you know your latest test is onine too: Sirin Labs Finney - English Test | english.best Keep you up the great work :wink: !

1 Like

Good evening @Andrea, your latest tests are now online too, please check them out here: Blockchain and IoT 1 - English Test | english.best

Talk soon,
Torsten
PS: We need to add a summary to at the top of each test, maybe you have some ideas regarding the format?

1 Like

Thank you @Natalia_Polteva, I’m glad you like it! @Torsten, that includes me too, right? I can look into adding a couple of sentences to explain the topic of each test.

2 Likes

@Sumejja, yes exactly. I have added a description/summary to some of the test and you can find them here: Blockchain | english.best

Many thanks for your support. I’m so happy to see our little group growing into a team ;-).

2 Likes

Looks good to me! I’ll add an intro to my future tests. Let me know if you want me to add a few sentences to the previous ones as well!

3 Likes

Well, if it’s not too much trouble it would be great if you could add a few lines to your existing tests too. You can post them here and I’ll add them via the CMS. Many thanks :+1: :grin: :sunglasses:.

2 Likes

Will do! What’s the priority status on that?

3 Likes

You can take your time, no hurry whatsoever.

2 Likes

Thanks, Natalia! I finished the rest of the batch. Hope you like them! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Torsten, I finished the first 10 tests. I’ll try to find interesting topics for the next ones :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Elida, that’s great news, I look forward to your next texts. Let me know if need some input regarding the topics.

2 Likes