Phase II of Blockchain Project

About two months ago we launched the blockchain project and now it’s time to move on to the next phase. So far 3 contributors have created a total of 29 tests which you can find below. I would like to thank you, @Andrea, Sumejja and Alexander very much for your great work :smiley: :+1:.

Blockchain for Beginners 1

Blockchain for Beginners 2

Blockchain & Bitcoin Basics

Ethereum Switch Test

Blockchain as a Technology

Blockchain in the Market

Blockchain Initiatives and Applications

Consensus Algorithm Test

Cryptoeconomics

Scaling Blockchain

Blockchain-Privacy

Crypto History

Bitcoin Mechanics

How to Destroy Bitcoin

Ethereum & Smart Contracts

Enterprise Blockchain

Cryptocurrency Trading

Crypto Community Trivia / People in Crypto

Consensus Algorithms

Blockchain Value

Tokens & Smart Contracts

Ethereum Ecosystem

Top Coins

Cryptocurrencies: Laws & Regulations Test

Blockchain for Beginners 3

Blockchain for Beginners 4

Crypto Mining Equipment 101

That’s a very impressive list, isn’t it? The question now is what topics we want to cover with the next tests and how many tests we can come up in total.

3 Likes

Incredible! :+1: that’s a huge amount of work :sunglasses::muscle:

3 Likes

Many of our existing tests cover topics related to cryptocurrencies so I suggest we start covering other aspects of the blockchain too. Let’s start a series about blockchain in IoT based on articles like this one: Blockchain/IoT integration accelerates, hits a 'sweet spot' | Computerworld

3 Likes

How about this: In additon to creating ‘stand-alone’ tests you can also summarize news items or articles about various aspects of the blockchain and then add reading comprehension questions at the bottom of the text. Each text should have 120 to 200 words with 3 to 4 questions. We can vary the lenght and the number of questions to see how our users respond. We will use our TOEIC reading comprehension exercises as a template:

That way we can kill at least two birds with one stone: We can help TOEIC test takers prepare for the TOEIC while teaching them about the blockchain industry. What do you think @Elida and @Andrea? I’ve found interesting article you can use for even more than just one exercise:

Please let me know what you think. By the way, @Elida thanks for joining our forum ;-).

3 Likes

Thanks Natalia, I’m glad to be here!

I really like your idea - it’s got great potential. I agree that summarizing/condensing articles about the blockchain industry can come in handy for teaching the TOEIC. I think that we can even use separate sentences about blockchain to practice Part 5 (correct use of phrasal verbs, word classes, etc.).

Let me know what you think. Cheers!

2 Likes

Welcome Elida! It’s great to have you here with us :wink:

3 Likes

Hello again Elida and welcome to our forum. I’m glad you have taken the time to post your first message making an excellent proposal. Yes, by all means please do go ahead and create a smal batch of reading comprehension exercises based on the TOEIC format. Please note that they should fit into this structure: Reading comprehension #13 | english.best

What I mean is that you don’t need to create business letters or documents as is often the case in the TOEIC test but short articles instead. At some point later next year we will also expand our site to allow for longer reading passages to be created. If you want to get an idea of what they will look like, please go to Section 3 of our assessment test. Please let me know what you think. Many thanks. :wink:

4 Likes

"What I mean is that you don’t need to create business letters or documents as is often the case in the TOEIC test but short articles instead."

Thanks, Torsten. I was wondering about this very aspect! Was wondering how to go about it. Ok, so only short articles. :wink:

3 Likes

Hi Andrea, business correspondence would be fine as well as long as it relates to blockchain topics. So, emails or blog posts would be appropriate. Please let me know this makes sense. Many thanks, Torsten

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’ve uploaded Elida’s latest batch starting here:

Please let us know what you think. Many thanks.

2 Likes

Hello @Andrea, thanks a lot for your latest tests on blockchain and IoT, you can see them online as well this one by Sumejja: Crypto in Court - English Test | english.best

We look forward to your next tests :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And checking in! Am I fashionably late to the party or just plain old late? :slight_smile: Looking forward to working with the team and I really hope people are actually learning something from our tests!

4 Likes

Hello Sumejja, I’m glad you’ve made it to the party which is in full swing :slight_smile: and yes, lots of people from all over the world are learning quite something from the materials you are creating so please keep up the great work! :muscle:

3 Likes

Glad to hear that, will do!

2 Likes

Hello Sumejja, welcome aboard, our team is women power at its best :slight_smile: I’ve added your latest test and enjoyed learning about the HTC Exodus. I didn’t know there is already a blockchain-based smartphone!

4 Likes

Hi Natalia! I love the sound of women power, I have to admit! As for blockchain phones - there are already others aside from the Exodus, I’ll be adding tests covering them soon. Glad you’re enjoying them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I scored 7 out of 10 on my first attempt. Not too bad, isn’t it? I think it’s time to look closer into the blockchain-based smartphone market…

5 Likes

Excellent, sir…

2 Likes

@Steven_Slaughter, hi Steven thank a lot for joining our forum. Have you seen our Blockchain tests? How do you suggest we can monetize them best?

4 Likes