Audio English course for Beginners

Dear Torsten,
Thank you very much for your immediate reply. I am very much clear now. Since the sentence refers to a possibility in the past it should be in simple past. I am looking forward to the next test.

With thanks and regards :smiley:
Mallinathan

Dear Teacher

I have complete the test for End and finish , answered all the questions with correct. additional to that Thanks and appreciated you e-mail lesson .waiting for next,

shammarima@hotmail.com

:smiley: hey i am salima mehdi
I like to learn new things im life most probably they are related to my studies.
today i did test of finish and end…and i got the difference between them
Thanks for teaching beautifully

Dear Mr Daerr,
I have received your 4 lessons and grammar explanations. I 've done all tests, of course i have some mistakes, but i am going to learn more hard.Your course is superb, thank you for that.
I am from Bulgaria. I am learning English to understand better my friends from England who live in my country, to watch my favourite movies without subtitles. :smiley:

Hi Janica,

Many thanks for joining our forum. I’m glad you enjoy our email English course and look forward to your next forum posts.

Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A large watermelon[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Torsten!
How are you?
Thank you very much for lesson 4.
I listened the audio recording, I did the test( I made 3 mistakes) and I studied the personal pronouns.
I read the explanations about the differences between “finish and end”.In some cases it’s hard to realize which verb we have to use. This, isn’t totally clear for me.
I’m going on studing.
Thank you very much and have a nice week!
You can correct me if it is necessary.
Best regards
Sandra - Brasil

hi torsten

i got 6 out of 10 scores in lesson end vrs. finish but even then i failed to understand the exact diffeence between end/finish

kiran
(office)

Dear Mr. Torsten Daerr

Thank you very much for your mail on English Lesson 4. Thanks for your nice teaching, explanation and everything. I understand more about the possessive adjective. It is really a practical class.

I attended the test ‘end & finish’ . I got only eight correct answers out of ten. There was bit confusion. The examples were very good. I am learning properly.

Now I am looking forward to receive English Lesson 5.

Many thanks

Rani Tomy

Dear sir,

I think you are right because i am a beginner in English so audio course would be best for me please send me audio material on my web id.

Thanks for sending me this interesting topic.

Regards

Ravi Singh

hi i received your lesson 4 today ,and it was so easy and understandable i realy injoy reading and solve the grammatical tests .I got (9 scors ) in end X finish test ,i just made one mistake ,sorry ,but i will be better next time…thank you

Dear Sir,

The test FINISh VS END was very good. I did this test and made three mistakes. This test is not difficult but such tests are very interesting. Thank you

Hi, Torsten:

I just made a couple of mistakes in the test.

1.“How to end the story”. OK. I see… Every story comes to an END.

1. “They had finished with each other”. Ok too. I was mistaken because I thought of that sentence: “Their relationship ended up in divorce”.

Thank you for your useful lessons.

Best regards,
Enrique Muñoz

dear sir,
the english course is pf immemnse help.i m very grateful for the email-lesson.

Hi Torsten,

I am studying english by your messages and i am loving it…
I´ve done the TOEIC test and my got 775.
Now, a multinacional company probably will hire me to a position called " Engagement Manager" but i have to send my resume in english. I am afraid i can´t write exctly what i want in my resume because my english isn´t good enough… Can you help me?
My CV is above… " copy and paste" …

Camila P. S. Mantilla
Brazilian, Married, no children

Goal [color=red]" Goal is the best word or Objective? "

Growth professional and knowledge in professional services in IT Business, Construction, Infrastructure, Energy, Oil&Gas and Governament. " [color=red]I want to say that i want to improve my knowledges in professional services in IT Business and grow professionaly" ; Development of business skills; Working as a project manager or a vendor management

Education

 Graduated in Telecommunications Engeneering at UFF – Universidade Federal Fluminese - 2003.
 Coursing CBA in Bussiness Management at IBMEC - until 2009 [color=red]" I want to say that i am still studyin it"
 Project Management Trainning at Project Lab (72 hours) - 2008

Professional Qualifications

 06 years of professional experience in IT Companies
 Project Management, Sales Planning, Revenue Control, Financial Control, Portifolio and Programs
 Practice in Consulting Segment, Pre and Post Sales
 Solutions for data storage projects, data backup, high availability environments and contingency.
 Participation in Public Tender Services and development of pricing templates.

Professional Experience

PriceWaterHouseCoopers - (jun/08 - currency) - Advisory
Supervisor

 Leader Consultant at Petrobras (PMO Area)
 Responsible of management of contractual issues, quality, costs and scope.

Columbia Storage – (Nov/06 – Jun/0- IT Solutions
Project Manager

 Responsible to managing projetcs in IT providing Storage Solutions and Cache [color=red]" is correct say responsible to managing or responsible to manage? "
 Development of a methodology to initialize, planning, controling and monitoring projects at Rio de Janeiro based on Network Appliance product (using PMBOOK as a reference guide) in order to align the culture’s organization company and project management[color=red]." is it correct?"
 Development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) templates
 Project Manager of projects involving NAS (Network Attached Storage) and SAN (Storage Area Network) in Petrobras Account.
 Project Manager of EMC and Brocade solutions at ANP and Dentsply Account.
 Project Manager of VTL (Virtual Tape Library) solutions at Intelig (backup envoiranment with TSM) and TBG (IBM tape library).
 Pre Sales and Pos Sales on Assessment Solutions
 Responsible for report status at different levels of the hierarchy of the company and the customer. [color=red]"is it correct? "
 Support on Pre Sales developing “statements of work “ documentation.

Sun Microsystems – (Jan/06 – Oct/06) – IT Solutions
Project Manager

 Responsible to managing Outsourcing solutions at Petrobras
 Control of costs and human resources at Petrobras (margins lower than standard) [color=red]" is it correct?"
 Project Manager in Cluster and Sun Servers implementations
 Project Manager in Assessment Solutions
 Responsible to prepare presentations for Petrobras to public financial control and informations of currency budget.

Sun Microsystems – (Mar/02 – Dec/05) – IT Solutions
Project Analyst

 Controlling costs, revenue and margin in long projects (4 or more years) in Oil & Gas Industry.
 Responsible for ensuring that budgeted cost in sales is near the actual cost.
 Maintenance of sales pipeline
 Monitoring of contractual requirements outsourcing projects.
 Mapping processes to control costs.
 Implementation of procedures to the recruitment selection.
 Issue of trade proposals, pricing and participation in bidding for Petrobras.
 Sales quotations of products such as Veritas, Iplanet and others.
 Negotiations and purchases from suppliers.
 Developed of “Statement Of Work” documentation to Petrobras
 Developed of a template to CVRD proposals
 Financial, HR and Legacy Interface at Professional Services in Rio de Janeiro.

Jornal O Globo – (Jul/01 – Mar/02) - Comunication " i want to say journal, newspaper company"
Junior Suport Analist

 Support for Linux and Solaris Unix platforms.
 Network administration (DNS Setting, TFTP, SSH).

Languages

 Advanced English (775 in 900 points in TOEIC)

Extrs Courses

 Extension Course of Project Feasibility Analysis at IBMEC
 Filer Netapp / ONTAP Course (Columbia 2006)
 Cisco CCNA - Cisco Academy (UFRJ-NCE - 2004)
 Practical Course of TCP/IP in Networks (UFF - July 2000)
 Unix/Linux Networks Administration (UFF – June 2000)
 Local networks Topology (UFF – July 2000)
 Open Server and Unixware Introduction (Acol – August 2000)
 Open Server and Unixware Networks Administration – Module 1 and 2 (Acol – August 2000)
 SAN with Netapp Storage Basic Administration – December 2006
 SAN with NetApp Storage Advanced Administration – March 2007
 Legato Networker Course (Legato Backup Software - Columbia 2006
 PMI Certification Course – Project Lab – April 2008

Hi Camila,

Torsten has asked me to have a look at your CV. I’ve written my comments in CAPITAL letters and used a spellcecker for some of your words:

Goal " Goal is the best word or Objective? " GOAL IS FINE AND SUGGESTS DETERMINATION.

Growth professional and knowledge in professional services in IT Business, Construction, Infrastructure, Energy, Oil&Gas and Government. " I want to say that i want to improve my knowledge in professional services in IT Business and grow professionally" ; Development of business skills; Working as a project manager or a vendor management

I WANT TO IMPROVE MY EXPERTISE IN PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, IN IT AND IN BUSINESS AND AT THE SAME TIME DEVELOP PROFESSIONALLY.
Education

 Graduated in Telecommunications Engineering at UFF – Universidade Federal Fluminese - 2003.
 Coursing(CURRENTLY TAKING COURSES IN) CBA in BuSiness Management at IBMEC - UP until 2009 " I want to say that I am still studying it"
 Project Management Training at Project Lab (72 hours) - 2008

Professional Qualifications

 6 years of professional experience in IT Companies
 Project Management, Sales Planning, Revenue Control, Financial Control, Portfolio and Programs
 Practice in Consulting Segment, Pre and Post Sales
 Solutions for data storage projects, data backup, high availability environments and contingency.
 Participation in Public Tender Services and development of pricing templates.

Professional Experience

PriceWaterHouseCoopers - (jun/08 - currency) - Advisory
Supervisor

 Leader Consultant at Petrobras (PMO Area)
 Responsible of management of contractual issues, quality, costs and scope.

Columbia Storage – (Nov/06 – Jun/0- IT Solutions
Project Manager

 Responsible FOR managing PROJECTS in IT providing Storage Solutions and Cache " is correct say responsible to managing or responsible to manage? "
 Development of a methodology to initialize, planning, controlling and monitoring projects at Rio de Janeiro based on Network Appliance product (using PMBOOK as a reference guide) in order to ASSIMILATE the CULTURES OF THE organization company and THE project management." is it correct?"
 Development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) templates
 Project Manager of projects involving NAS (Network Attached Storage) and SAN (Storage Area Network) in Petrobras Account.
 Project Manager of EMC and Brocade solutions at ANP and Dentsply Account.
 Project Manager of VTL (Virtual Tape Library) solutions at Intelig (backup environment with TSM) and TBG (IBM tape library).
 Pre Sales and PosT Sales on Assessment Solutions
 Responsible for report status at different levels of the hierarchy of the company and the customer. "is it correct? " YES
 Support on Pre Sales developing “statements of work “ documentation.

Sun Microsystems – (Jan/06 – Oct/06) – IT Solutions
Project Manager

 Responsible to managing Outsourcing solutions at Petrobras
 Control of costs and human resources at Petrobras ( AT margins lower than standard) " is it correct?"
 Project Manager in Cluster and Sun Servers implementations
 Project Manager in Assessment Solutions
 Responsible FOR preparING presentations for Petrobras to public financial control and information of currency budget.

Sun Microsystems – (Mar/02 – Dec/05) – IT Solutions
Project Analyst

 Controlling costs, revenue and margin in long projects (4 or more years) in Oil & Gas Industry.
 Responsible for ensuring that budgeted cost in sales is near the actual cost.
 Maintenance of sales pipeline
 Monitoring of contractual requirements outsourcing projects.
 Mapping processes to control costs.
 Implementation of procedures to the recruitment selection.
 Issue of trade proposals, pricing and participation in bidding for Petrobras.
 Sales quotations of products such as Veritas, Iplanet and others.
 Negotiations and purchases from suppliers.
 Developed “Statement Of Work” documentation to Petrobras
 Developed a template to CVRD proposals
 Financial, HR and Legacy Interface at Professional Services in Rio de Janeiro.

Jornal O Globo – (Jul/01 – Mar/02) - Comunication " i want to say journal, newspaper company" THE COMPANY HOUSE JOURNAL
Junior Suport AnalYst

 Support for Linux and Solaris Unix platforms.
 Network administration (DNS Setting, TFTP, SSH).

Languages

 Advanced English (775 in 900 points in TOEIC)

ADDITIONAL Courses

 Extension Course of Project Feasibility Analysis at IBMEC
 Filer Netapp / ONTAP Course (Columbia 2006)
 Cisco CCNA - Cisco Academy (UFRJ-NCE - 2004)
 Practical Course of TCP/IP in Networks (UFF - July 2000)
 Unix/Linux Networks Administration (UFF – June 2000)
 Local networks Topology (UFF – July 2000)
 Open Server and Unixware Introduction (Acol – August 2000)
 Open Server and Unixware Networks Administration – Module 1 and 2 (Acol – August 2000)
 SAN with Netapp Storage Basic Administration – December 2006
 SAN with NetApp Storage Advanced Administration – March 2007
 Legato Networker Course (Legato Backup Software - Columbia 2006
 PMI Certification Course – Project Lab – April 2008

Hope this helps,

Alan

hi,i’m mreyam
i’m 16 years old i really enjoy reading the lessons it’s useful for practsing english
tanke you

Hi Alan,

I appreciate your help! I have already corrected the wrongs you pointed and send to the Manager at the company.
Thanks so much for your help.

Best Regards,

Hi Alan,

I appreciate your help! I´ve already correct the wrong words you´ve pointed and send my resume to the manager.
Thanks so much for your help!!!
Best Regards

hy
my today score was 6 correct from 10 and this was the best
thank you

Dear Torsten!Thank you for lessons you send me.I was 9 out10, with test finish,finished, end ended. I think now is more easy for me to understand and to write too, because now Im good in conversation with other.thank you , thank you. I cant wait to receive your mesagge with lesson.thanks.