Are you a winner?

Hello Everyone -

I am perfect in english language. My english is not up to the mark as it should be. However, i have a very accent as i work in BPO company in new delhi, India and have learned english language so many times and also have spoken with so many people around the world (US, UK and Australia). However, sometimes when i speak, I am not able to express my views which going on in my mind, later on when I think that I didn’t speak so well than I try my level best to eliminate those defects.

I am still learning english lanugage. Will I become a winnter, let see…cheers

I want to be a winner,but it is very difficult.I must find a job and all the employers are asking english perfectly both writting and speaking.Pls help me to become a winner.

Hello Torsten,

To be honest I think I’m a winner, even though I think I need to improve my fluency.
I’ve been studying English for many years , but I won’t stop until I can speak it as my native language.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Regards
Tricia

Hello sir,
I want to tell you that iam not a winner
My english is very back. I am working lady but I dont know why I am not overcome my english problems.
Yours lessons are very good.
Iam trying to overcome the probelems
regards
madiha

Hi every!
I heard someone said ’ born to win’. We were born to be winners. My English isn’t very good but I am sure one day in the future it will be perfect because i know that : ’ if you want, you can win’ :smiley:

Hi Torsten,

I agree with Donald that “Everybody want to be a winner” but its not so easy. I have some doubts in myself weather I can be winner…Something is always on the way…

Hi Torsten.
I don’t know if I’m a winnwer or not…but there is one thing about which I’m sure: when I try to achieve a goal generally I turn out well.
I really hope to improve my English: one of my best problem is that I don’t remember all th words I need!

excuse me for my mistakes…

Thanks in advance for your answer
Katia

Hi, Torsten and everyone who’s visiting this forum :slight_smile: This topic about winners really makes us think it over whether we are one’s or not. And each of us wants to be praised and believe he/she is. As for me I think that I’m a winner till I see people which know and speak English much better than me… First it disappoints me a little but then very encourages to be better than them! I’m sure that everyone has the periods of high activity and time of quiescency and no inspiration for studying. And I’m not an exception. So it’s difficult for me to define me as a winner… but I know what I want and do everything possible for achieving my goals. So, am I a winner?

Regards,

Maryann :slight_smile:

P.S. Am I supposed to be the first who’s posting a voice message here (except of Torsten, of course)?

You are.

No, you are not the only one. :wink: We can do that too. The thing is that I have nothing say because I have already mentioned that the problem with so-called losers is just the lack of stickability.

Another problem that most of us suffer from is that we know what we want, but we do not know what we must give up before we get it.

Take care,

Mouhcine

[color=indigo]I know that you all can do it, Mouhcine, I just wanted to say that I was the first who did it here in this topic about winners…

[color=indigo]As to the lack of stickability I can assure you that there are very few peopel who really work hard without stopping. They must have a strong motivation for that. A good example is my husband, who having an english teacher as a wife avoided all my effors to persuade him to study English. But, after he was told that his knowledge of English will have influece with his salary, he became more interested in studying :lol:

[color=indigo]Pretty global, I’d say. I don’t think we have to give up much in our life to study any foreign languages (unless you decided to left for another country and abandon your family and girlfriend whose not gonna wait for you to come back…) Of course, everything in this this world needs a sacrifice and it’s up to everyone whether to accept it or not… :roll: [color=indigo]

[color=green]P.S. I wonder about your name pronuciation :?:

[color=green]Best wishes,
Maryann

Hello Maryann,

Mouhcine.

[color=indigo]Greetings to you, Mouhcine!
Thanks for pronouning your name :slight_smile: Pleased to meet you!

As for my name - in my coutry it sounds more like Maryanna. It consists of two names Mary and Anna. And Mouhcine is much alile Maxim Smile

By the way, may I know where are you from?

Have a nice day,
Maryann.

Thank you, Maryann. :wink:

About me

Take care,

Mouhcine

Hi Mouhcine…

I came to know more about you from your url…and you have indicated an excellent method to learn any language…I would like to re-post some of your lines as a quote from one of your older posts…It will definitely show some way for the beginners…here are your lines…

Thank you…

Absolutely agree with you, Sahid! Mouhcine is definitely a smart guy…

I am flattered. Thank you, Maryann. :oops:

I am pleased to get a compliment from a smart teacher. :wink:

Take care,

Mouhcine

How can we know more about you? :lol:

i accept that i am not a winner, sometimes i feel guilty because even my sister know more about English than me…but i have to force my self to read,study,absorb more vocabulary and understand how to use the English grammar.

[color=green]
Thank you, Mouhcine, but I’m not that smart as you might think…

Maryann :slight_smile:

Hello Torsten,
Now, I take part in an course of communicate English, I realize that my Enlish communicate skills very bad, I will be gracefull if you show how to improve English or send me more lessons for practice my comprehension ready, writing, listening and speaking skills.More learning Enlish more I feel much interested and find out much knowledge.
By the way, I want to ask you or someone else to let me know about Phrasal verb in some cases which is correct:
My teacher tells that:" Between Verb and Preposition always go together (SO/ St) in Enlish. It means that Verb+ So/ St+Preposition. However, in may cases, I saw (V+Pre) go together also make into an meaning without SO/ST unless at the begining of sentence shows " Please", it will be used “Verb+pre”."

I hope that I am winner for life at lease in this case

Thanks so much
Khaintm