Are you a winner?

Hello Torsten.

To answer your question i can say that after sometime i will be the winner in English, Coz as i know about myself before joining this forum or this English lesson course, i was very afraid of my English . Even previously i was very scared of talking writing but as my practice goes on in writing reading speaking i improve a lot as i can say your lesson teach me a lot. but yet i know i am not that much of good in speaking and writing. but i am trying to be winner.

After joining your course i got a lot of confidence that i can do it.
we all are here coz we know that our English is not that much good.
i wish that one day we all be happy.

with regard
Chanda

Hello Torsten,

I don´t know if I am a winner or not. I know that learning a foreign language needs a certain time, patience but also a talent. In spite of this, sometimes it seems to be quite difficult for me to learn English, as I can´t remember new words, I think my English is not so perfect as I would like it to be and what really annoys me is the fact that I have difficulty with understanding the spoken English, e.g. when watching TV. Then I think that my English is really bad. But now, when there is somebody like you, who can help me with learning English, I feel like a winner :smiley: .

In my life I try to do many things,I want to learn lot of things
And I try to start,I already start but I don’t complete :cry:
I want to be winner,
if any one can give me advice ,I wish that
thanks

A.O.A Aman

I am happy to know that you are managing a team as Chief in different languages. I am also fond of speaking english but can’t speak fluently I want to overcome it as soon as possible. Plz guide me also how can I be fluent frequently also tell me some tips to be fluent in english. :oops:

with great thanx in advance

Allah Hafiz

misskhan

Dear Mr. Torsten,

Thank you very much for your so encouraging mail. I will try my level best to be a winner. because “practice makes a man perfact”.
but would you like to tell what is criteria to be a winner???

regards

misskhan

hello.
I am Mint. I am a little winner as I am trying to improve my English. I always note down the mistakes that I usually make while writing/ speaking and try not to repeat them in future. I am learning this language for my academic improvement and this site is giving good fundamentals of English for beginners. I am learning many good points from you and they are helping me to write and speak better English. I hope, one day I’ll become a winner.

Best regards.

Hi Torsten,

I am not a winner. I do lots of mistakes while writing and speaking English. I know where am I lacking? My Grammars and Vocabularoy is not good and most difficult part is grammar. I want to make my English perfect so that I can achieve my goal. I know I should daily keep in touch with English test/Articles/stories. However due to some work load I dont get a time to do such activites. Earlier, I used to read newspaper and watched English news/movies to improve my listening skill. But this time I couldn’t do all such things. I’ll try to start this exercise again.

I think the best part of improving your English is, we should daily read, write and speak as much as we can. Only then it can help us otherwise there’ll be no use to reading these mails only.

I am very gratefull to be a part of this Forum and now I’ll try to be regular.

Regards
Taruna

hi Torsten, who doesn’t want to be a winner? but can i make it do? winning gives you a feeling of euphoria, excitement. though i consider myself a little knowledgeable in english, the more i study the more i learn. i give you my best regards and i hope one day i will win in everything i do. victor

Hi Alan!

I can’t say that I 'm a winner. I think It’s not the time for me to tell it yet. I’m very busy because of the job. I also have to go to the internet cafe when I want to surf. Thank you for teaching me to be polite when sending message on the forum. I already study to use the keyboard.
Next time!
Jose

Hello Torsten

I have to say I am one of those who aren’t very happy with their English. I’ve been learning it for a long time. I think for 15 years.
The main reason is because I haven’t got a real chance to activate my English and free myself to use it as native language.
I speak rarely and use it only when I read or listen a music.

But I won’t gave up. I want and I will be a winner.

Gorica

I agree with Donald that everybody wants to be a winner.So do I.But only those become winners who are obstinate and strong-willed.if sb wants to be a winner heshe has to aways see opportunities,chances to realize or materialize their aim.We have to be ambitious and win our goal.
All i need to be a winner in present time is to pass my exams.That’s why I wanna improve my English,I need to learn a lot of grammar…then i shall enter the university…I want my life to be connected with English.That’s why it is very important for me.

Hello Torsten In fact I do not know if I am awinner or not but my aim is to be the winner at every thing related to my interests especially in English as I love this language so so much and I would like to be the one at it especially as it is my carrier an English teacher. M.r torsten please I need more tests to evaluate my self and more listening lessons and please send me your comment on me. thanks Shireen

english-test.net/toeic/listening/[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Sun bathing[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi, Torsten.

I’m just kind of hurry joining in since i’m gonna take the TOEFL test in a months.

I hope that for this short term, i could make a quick and big progress on my writing and listening.

It seems i always lose logic when organizing my composition…And i need to enlarge my vocab for effective listening.

Also for the long term plan, i hope the study here can help me solve problems and reach to higher level.

Thanx a loooooooot…!!!

Hello Torsten,

This is the first time when i m writing something in thi forum as my problem is excly i can understand english but in terns of presntation and speaking i m very weak, i do not whether i m winner or not but i want to be winner for certain.

w8in for reply and ur feedabckon my blog.

Thanks
Abhishek

No! I’m not a winner yet because I’m still stroggling with some problems like speaking, to understand native speaking when they speak naturally, to understand some phrases; nevertheless I do like to be a winner so I do not stop studying english grammar every day, listening to CD. Unfortunately BBC does not work at this time in Madagascar. I’m sure there is a problem but I can’t help to determinate it. I change gradually my habit as Torsten told me: I should use the forum instead of mail. I’m always in a rush therefore let me hit the road. See you! Teachers and all learners. Don’t forget sending me messages. Thanks!
Jose

Dear Torsten,
Hi,
How are you doing? I hope you’re fine and every thing is going to be well with you.
First or all I really appriciate for a useful and applicable site.Then i think it’s a rather difficult quastion to answer . it’s possible to think i’m a real winner Because i can see my improvement in leaning English every day but maybe it’s not compeletly.
So in my opinion the winner is a person who attempts more for a reaching agoal that plans in advance.
I look forward to recieving advice about learning English.
Regards, :wink:

Hello Gorica,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. It’s a huge challenge to practice and use your English on a regular basis when you are not living in an English speaking country. That’s why we have started recording voice messages here on the forum and we hope that you will join us soon.

Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A submarine[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi,
I am pleased with my English study. It is partly because my rank in the Top 100 is getting better and better. I have been studying English for a long time, and I understand that learning English, or any languages in general, is a long and continuous progress. I’ve got C level in Vietnam. I can communicate to English speakers now as well as take part in conferences where they speak English. Not stopping there, I’m studying my English at a university in Vietnam now. I hope I can become a good teacher of English in the future. I wish I could go abroad to study English. Yes, I think I am a winner!

Hello Torsten:
To be a winner is obliously the best option. As a consequence, my answer is yes, I want to be a winner. My point of view is that everybody should select the same answer but the real question should be: How to be a winner?
Do you propose us something?
Regards