Advantages and disadvantages of Internet

With the economic’s development, the Internet plays an increasingly important role in our life. Some people discuss the internet’s drawbacks in spite of its undeniable pros.
On the one hand, the internet likes a source of information. There is a viraety of kinds of information to improve our knowledge. For instance, nowadays we are faced with Covid 19 disease. It is exceedingly necessary to get the information as quickly as we can. The internet is a transport help us to do that. It is uncomplimented to update our mind by surfing online news, Facebook, health websites. Moreover, it is also a source of entertainment. Taking part in computer games with our friends after a back-breaking day is the best choice to blow off some steam. Besides, individuals tend to online shopping because of its creditable without going out. Some experts have shown that more than 50% of people prefer online shopping to offline.
On the other hand, Surfing the internet is time-consuming. Take me as an example, I use my phone for at least 3 hours a day but I have never got bored, especially I can’t stop surfing Facebook. . Dangerously, in the meantime, lots of people are addicted to computer games or social networking platforms.
Furthermore, the internet is not a safe place for children. Many videos with content 18+ are directly affection on children’s thinking. It has a far-reaching influence on their mind, provides misconceptions about the world, the people, or life.
In conclusion, The internet likes a double-edged knife. We can not refuse its strong suit despite some negative effects. It is advisable to check the content before watching any videos on You tube and bear in mind to use the internet for the right reasons.

2 Likes

i hope you can give me some advices

1 Like

Please note that the noun ‘advice’ is uncountable:

1 Like

With the development of the economy, the Internet plays an increasingly important role in our lives. Some people discuss the disadvantages of the Internet despite its undeniable advantages.
On the one hand, the Internet is a popular source of information. There is a great deal of information available to expand our knowledge. For example, nowadays we are confronted with Covid 19 disease. It is extremely important to get information as soon as possible. The Internet is a means of transportation that helps us to do this. By surfing online news, Facebook and health websites, we can easily update ourselves. It’s also a source of entertainment. Playing computer games with our friends after a tiring day is the best way to blow off steam. Moreover, individuals tend to store online because it is rewarding to go out without. Some experts have shown that more than 50% of people prefer online shopping to offline shopping.
On the other hand, surfing the internet is time-consuming. Take me as an example, I use my phone at least 3 hours a day, but I have never been bored, especially I can’t stop surfing Facebook. . Dangerous is that now many people are addicted to computer games or social networks.
Also, the Internet is not a safe place for children. Many videos with content over the age of 18 have a direct impact on children’s thinking. They have a far-reaching influence on their thinking and convey false ideas about the world, people and life.
In conclusion, the Internet is a double-edged knife. Despite some negative effects, we cannot ignore its strengths. It is advisable to check the content before watching videos on You Tube and to remember to use the Internet for the right reasons.

2 Likes

=)))) yeahhh i understand that.

What do you mean by ‘it’?

i just want to ask about my essay.

1 Like

Do you think my essay is good ?

1 Like

Sure, if you keep practicing, you’ll get even better.

1 Like

@Torsten do i have any mistakes ?

1 Like

Well, for starters, the collocation is “to make mistakes” and not to have mistakes but you should not focus on your “mistakes” but on exchanging ideas and information with other people.

3 Likes

Nice essay. It can always get better

2 Likes

thankyou. I’m tried my best :3

Thank you very much. I have given my best.

Did I make any mistakes?
Does the essay have any mistakes?
Are there any mistakes?

However, the way she said it is common, even if not quite “correct”.

1 Like