A big hello to all new members!

Glad, soliboy, to see you here! I think you’ll find this site very useful and informative. Introduce yourself better to us. :smiley: What do you do? What’s your main goal? Did you study English at school?

See you!

1 Like

hello every body, I’m Mokhles from Tunisia,I’m so pleased to reach you.I think that, it’s an opportunity to evaluate our level in English langage and to find many friends arround the world.

1 Like

Hi Parmela,

Thank for your mention, I forget to introduce something about me :D. I’m a software engineer … day to day I always read and read the English documents but I don’t know why my English skill is not good. May be the method is wrong or something … Could you give any help ?
Oh my main goal in the future … how to present … :smiley: many…many thing. Right now I want to improve English skill in order that I can have some chance in the future. As you know my nation is in the fast expanding period so there are many chance for eveybody.

Thank,
Soli

1 Like

Reading documents is not enough :smiley: That is not the main source of learning English. I guess you have questions concerning English grammar :smiley: There are many forums on this site that can really help you. So go ahead and place your questions and take part in discussions. I’m confident that in the nearest future you’ll make a great progress. :smiley:

1 Like

I understand about that so I am so pleased to become a member of this forum. Thank a lot for your encouraging.

Soli

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Lacoste 49! You’re quite right. This site is an excellent source for English learners to increase the level of English.

1 Like

Hi,
Where is Tamara?? I can’t find her threads!! :shock: :roll:

1 Like

Hi, FangFang, enter the forum English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms. You’ll find her thread there.

1 Like

Hello,
this is my very 1st post… :slight_smile: I am NS from Singapore…

I have been managing a lot of stuffs on phpbb.com and some other phpbb inter-related programming codes and when i found this forum… My 1st reaction is a big exclamation: Whaaa!!! :shock:

Nice forum layout. I thought that this is another VBulletin forum but when i saw the registration agreement then i realised that this is a phpbb board… :wink:

Nice job… Well done admins and moderators…! Thank you…

Regards,

1 Like

Hi NS

Welcome to the forum!

It’s certainly nice to read the compliments in your post, but I have to admit I don’t have any idea whatsoever what the differences between phpbb and VBulletin are. I suspect it’s mainly Slava who has earned your respect with regard to the site programming. :wink:

But maybe you could explain some of the differences between the two systems to the laymen (i.e., nearly all of the forum members) here. :smiley:

Amy

1 Like

Laymen???<-- Why downgrade everyone to that position. I am a part-time computer engineer and the term layman means someone who is so low in his job…! :oops:

Currently, i am doing my business studies in Singapore. I am a full time business student in Singapore Polytechnic.

Phpbb software is free(php code to be downloaded for free). VBulletin does not offer this type of service.
If you want to compare security… VBulletin is more secure than Phpbb because Phpbb bulletin code is open sourced… which means everyone including the hackers known as “script-kiddies” (a term described by all programmers) can also download the code and start to look for the security loopholes in the code and after finding a few loopholes, they will start to hack the forums using phpbb softwares…

On the other hand VBulletin does not show their codes so it is a bit difficult for the “script-kiddies” to hack into forums with VBulletin softwares… But if they are so desperate enough to hack into one, VBulletin will also fall prey into their hands…

Phpbb stands for php bulletin board… Php is a programming code…!

VBulletin is by Jelsoft enterprise…

Hope this clear your doubts about Phpbb & VBulletin.

1 Like

Hi NS

A layman is simply someone who is not an expert in a particular field. I assume all the forum members are experts in one or more areas and laymen in many other areas. :wink:

I probably know just slightly more about my PC and the internet than the “average” PC-user knows, but I still consider myself to be a layman. And I know next to nothing at all about programming. :shock:

Thanks for your explanation. :smiley:

Amy

1 Like

Hi, NS:
From your words One thing I can be sure is, that I am not a layman related to your field, but an outsider completedly. :lol:
Thank you for those information, I wonder if there are some problems for me to visit forums, I have a firewall software fixed and It seems to work well … :roll:
Finally, welcome from FangFang! :wink:

1 Like

I prefer you guys to consider yourselves as a novice rather than a layman… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dia aguibh go l?ir
Hello there everybody.

My name is Art, and I am in Ireland. I’ve just started teaching EFL/ESL online. So I hope I can be helpful to some of you.

1 Like

Hello, dOlier(Art):
Welcome !!! :wink: Where are you in Ireland?
"Dia aguibh go l?ir " _____It isn’t English, is it? :roll:

F.F

1 Like

Hi Art and welcome to the gang. :smiley:

Why don’t you tell us a little more about yourself?

What got you interested in teaching English?
Where/how/who do you teach online?

Amy

1 Like

Hello to everybody! :smiley:
I’m Katia and I’m from Bulgaria!I’m 28-years-old and I’m a teacher in an English Kindergarten.I want to improove my English and to work with bigger students!
I’ve just detected this ESL Forum and I can say it’s great.
I can’t wait to learn more about it and to exchange knowledge to all of you!
Greetings from Bulgaria… :wink:

1 Like

A big welcome, Katia, Katenka! :smiley: Teaching in the kindergarten requires much patience. What do you do to improve your English and how do you estimate your level of English?

1 Like

Hi, Katrina:
Welcome from FangFang! Are you teaching Baby English? How about it? :wink:

1 Like