A big hello to all new members!

Thanks Tynna
I’m from Iran. I am Master in university, But it is very bad for me that my english level is too weak. for this reason I started to learn english good and use it in university

ooh. in malaysia, i learn science and maths in english since secondary school. so, i can understand when people speaks or write but i just can’t speak or write correctly! maybe lack of confidence. look foward for teachers here to learn how to speak and write. tmr is my writing test. wish me good luck =D

Hello Asanchez! Answer: The name Maksim (or Maxim) has latin roots, called maximus.
I like this name. And what does your name mean?

Hi! I’m from city Irkutsk, near lake Baikal.

I was in Irkutsk, I know where it is :wink: So what do you do there? Are you a student?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Safety regulations in a nature park[YSaerTTEW443543]

Answer: Oh! It’s cool you were in Irkutsk! I was born and I live there. I’m a freelancer. I developed software.

Very interesting. What kind of software do you develop?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: A baseball player talks about his career prospects[YSaerTTEW443543]

Oh, sorry! In previous post i did the error: i wrote “I developed” against (or instead?) “I develop”.
Ок! I develop software applications for financial tasks. It brings good profit. I use the popular platform for developing - Delphi.

So you are a Delphi programmer? Are you employed or self-employed?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: A city council announces school closures[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello everybody, this is my first time, and I would like to meet nice people and improve my bad english. I think I will need more, more help.

Yes, I’m Delphi programmer. I’m self-employed. It needs to be an individual intrepreneur for paying tax. This kind of enterprise (developing computer program) is taxed 6% of total income. It’s very small and pleasant.

So who are your customers and clients? How many projects are you working on at the moment?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Promoting the benefits of a corporate computer course[YSaerTTEW443543]

My customers are small financial companies all over the country (Russia). I have been leading one project for 4 years.

hello i’m tyty i’m ivoirian and i want to improve my english

Hello there! I am Emie, from Philippines, and my native language is Filipino. This is my first time to participate in this forum. This site is really helpful for people like me who want to learn English properly. Unfortunately, my internet is not cooperating. However, when I get the chance to connect, I check this website surely. I would like to thank the admin of this site for establishing such wonderful community. God Bless and more power to all!

Hello!

I have just remembered my password, so I can speak with you now!

My name is Annabelle, and now I have decided to focus on improve significantly my english, for professional and personnal reasons.

So, I’m game!

Annabelle

Hello everybody!
My name is Daniella and this is my first messenger.
I hope i can on this way to improve my very very bad English.
Thank you to all English-team for this possibility.

Hello Guys,

My name is Ulyana. I am 20. I am from Ukraine, but it came to happen that I study in Poland(Warsaw) in Academy of Management:) Case in point that I always wanted to learn English perfectly. Currently, it was my dream as I am just crazy about this fascinating language. In fact, I am not a fan of Polish language and when I get my bachelor degree I will get out from this country. Due to the fact that I am foreigner here, have not serious work experience(unfortunately, 7 days working in the office by typing the documents is not enough) and with not perfect knowledge of Polish language I do not feel myself comfortable in this country:) Therefore, I want to go to the Germany, to try my luck in getting Master in some of Germany business schools. But the problem is…I have to get at least 87 scores(B2) from the TOEFL test. I thought I was pretty good in English, since all my friends ask me for help with their English teachers and problems. And I was good…until I opened the first page of OFFICIAL GUIDE PREPARING book. From that day I have started to prepare for this test from all 4 sides(reading, listening, speaking and writing, just as they want). But I can logically assume now that I will not get this score since 2 months are not enough to get such a great result:( Generally, my score is between 60 - 80 scores according to the practice tests I have passed. This summer I get my bachelor, and now my future is depend on the results from test. I am quite sure that I am not going to stay in Poland to get Master. Though I was even thinking of missing 1 year of study for some international programs that allow students to get more work experience in English native countries.

Now I would like to ask you for advice what should I do (read, learn, passed, listen) in order to get as high score as possible on the test. Perhaps some of you had the same situation or something in common with my one. Advices? Feedback? Recommendations? All information will be appreciated and valuable in my situation. Thanks in advance.

Looking forward for your responses

Hi Ulyana, welcome to our forum forum and many thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Just a couple of points: If you want to improve your English you can do so in any country by changing your habits. Create an English language environment and surround yourself with English 24/7. Also, try to focus on the subject you want to study rather than on learning English. What are you interested in? What exactly are you studying at the Academy of Management? What or who do you want to manage? As for learning English, here are some more ideas: www.english-for-winners.com

Regards,
Torsten
PS: Please note that the noun ‘advice’ is uncountable and that ‘look forward’ is followed by ‘to’.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Supervisor is giving instructions about payroll procedures and company policy to new employees[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Everyone!
I am a very new member of this site. I would like to bush up my English, I hope, I can find so many possibilities here to do that. Usually my written English is better, that is why people think my spoken English is the same. But unfortunately not. So I am looking for possibility to improve my communication in English. What do you suggest?
Thanks in advance,
Janó