Yes

Hi Fulla,
To See your progress report, you have to click on your name in your mail,
it will show you viewing profile, there you can find progress report by clicking
your progress report (near all about Fulla). when you attend test you will
receive progress report.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

HI Alen
thank you for your essay its realy very intersting
i enjoyed it and learned alot [/b]

Hi dear Alan
I enjoyed your essay.
Unfortunately I am somewhat yes-man,and saying no is difficult for me!
Thank you

Dear Alan,

Great essay, as always! It is vey useful to learn different ways of expressing agreement, depending on the circumstances. I would also appreciate it if you could provide us with similar expressions to say “NO” or disagree with people in various contexts, such as declining invitations from friends, relatives, bosses, etc. Thanks again for all your help.

Best regards,

Maria

Hi Alan Sir,

I also want know the expression of “NO” in your following essays like how you
explained “Yes” expression in your former essay.

Hope you will fulfill our desire as early as possible.

Thank you Sir

S.Shanthi

P.S. I want to say thanks to Maria for her sugggestion about “No Expression” essay.

Hello Alan,

Thanks for your newsletter.Yes, you are right we can say ‘yes’ in different ways. It depends on the situation, our disposition that we are able to be polite or not. You explained this now it’s our turn to learn them.

You spoke about “yes-person”. I was thinking of what I am. I have to say I would like to be ‘yes-person’ but it isn’t simple. Since I remember I fight against persons who did somebody injustice. I never forget when my father told me - I could be 10 year-old- “my little daughter you won’t have an easy life if you are always looking for the justice.” " Don’t you want to be a judge?"- asked me, he used to be a layer.

But of course I wasn’t interested in the human subjects that’s why I didn’t want to be a judge. But he was right, I had lot of problems when I said: " you aren’t right". There is a proverb in Hungarian: Tell the truth and your head will be broken. But I already wrote to you once that we don’t change inside only outside. The difference is I know what is like to be 70 year-old and I know what was like to be 10 year-old. Sometimes I feel myself as if I was 10 year-old. Do you know this feeling?

Our lesson:
Yes for request:
1.)-Yes of course, yes go right ahead = yes, take it, do it at right /the pen/
2.)-by all means = you are very willing for so. to have sth or do sth.
/Exp:
-Do you mind if I borrow this book?

• By all means./

or if you give unwillingly a positive confirmation:

1.)-Yes, I couldn’t agree with you more = I completely agree.
2.)-I can bet your life on sg = I am certain that sg will happen.
/For exp:
I can bet my life on he’ll come soon./
3.)Absolutely = to emphasize true that sth completely true

Opinions:

endorsing:
1.)That goes without saying =to be very obvious or easy to predict
2.You can say that again= I agree with you completely

disapproving:
1.)Yes I suppose so =yes, I am not happy about it.
2.) Yes, all right if you insist = OK if you want

coaxing

Yes, all right you win.= to agree to what sb wants after you have failed to persuade them to do or let you do sg else.

Cautious:

1.)Yes, you could be well right.= everything will be all right, even if there is a problem now.
2:) You do feel the same way as I do about the way the management treats us.

Not get involved:

1.)Yes, there is a lot in what you say. = there is in it a great amount of truth.
2.)Yes, you do have point there.= your idea is right.

Express our point of view:
1.)Yes, that’s all very well but
2.)Yes, that’s may well be so but
Both means:to criticize or reject a remark that sb has made, especially when they were trying to make me feel happier about sg.

Do you know the Bulgarian when say yes they shake their head and when say no they nod?

Best regards:
Kati Svaby

… t

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.
Respected,
see all use of tone and style with Yes make every unique and special expression or order.
Actually without practical practice one cant use it different.
Your story say somany skiping the word.
Thanks.
P>S> please send me all mail at my mail address minud9@gmail.com.

thanks

I am sritharan. I am very intresting to read your Essay. I get more use full facts from your eassys.
thank you so much

hello there,
it was interesting reading such a nice article.I’m proud not to be a “yes woman”…
Have a nice Easter
Mary flower

In my view, we will appreciate too much to the Boss who has an “open-minded” thought. I mean, he can accept the contrary views of his inferiors, and never force anyone else to be “yes-men” persons. The wise Boss will allow his inferiors to share their thoughts and opinions freely, free from fear and pressure. He will provide the conducive atmosphere to discuss, as by doing this he helps his inferiors to improve and develop their skills, and it contributes positively to the progress of his company.

Respected,
its fine at bossigum?
whre your Yes man attitude have to apply?
Sorry sir, most of Managerial post Accept and Expact Only lite and fine attitude in the sence very natural welcome and full of of liveli…
ee i cant understand your point,please clear!!!
Regards.

Dear Mr. Alan

I Wish I could Say Yes!

Well, I would like to tell you a real story which happened to me when I graduated from my University long time ago; I was looking for a job , and I was studying a French language , one of my teachers was a very good press officer, and she was a responsible for Social section in very popular newspaper in my country, I used to visit her there a lot to help me in some grammatical issues and language specifications, you can say in general I am yes man who doesn’t like problems in life , I think also we have to say yes for our Boss otherwise , we will not be able to save or keep our work and also destroying for our life , in one of my visiting to my teacher the reasonable in the Newspaper , yes I forget to mention that, in my intention I was intending to ask her for a job in the Newspaper ,any job in that great newspaper will be very good for my future, ok, and in one of my visiting she take the initiative and asked me” what about if you come to work with us here ?”……. Unbelievable offer!!! , I told myself, is it real what I listened now , it was very happy for me to listen that but, I stood…… fear , shy , I want not want I wish to say YES then but unfortenatly ,my fear and my shyness forbidden me to take the suitable action and say Yes ,what I should have to do then, I can’t exactly describe this moment , in life , if you don’t take the chance , thousands else will do,
Although, it’s happened since long time, may be 1995 /1996 but every time I say yes I remember this situation.
In my opinion, now I am completely different from that time, I don’t use my heart a lot and don’t try to repeat any mistake has happened in my life as far as I can may be the lake of experience or the surprise which did not expected at all, may be the threaten of fault, because I did not have any experience in press work!, But I did not discuss all these thoughts with my teacher – the responsible in social section ) may be if I did, shy would give me some courage or confidence to go without fearing.

and was be able to say Yes.

Best regards,

Thank you Alan for your article!

Please, tell me what to say if I don’t want to answer.

I’m working as an assistant at Before and After School Program.
At the last work day ,some of parents asked me to come out of the classroom and told me some nice words for my work.

My team leader noticed that an aggressively asked me what we were talking about.
I couldn’t tell her anything

All the best

Lina

That’s great Alan !
Am not a native speaker but I still try to correct some of my mistakes
each time I read from you.
Thanks

Hi Alan,
thank you for your next incredible essay! Yes, it is sound great!
I’m confident with your statement about saying yes, we have to be carefull when we using this word!
I want to divide this group of person you have to say Yes!
One group is your friend, and I think If you want to be honest friend you should say yes with no hesitation! Because if your answers is sllipery than you can’t be the honest friend! Another things is your collegue at work, I think the expression like these in your essay is directly adress to these people, and if you want to stay at work and be good worker sometime you have to be sllipery in your answers!

Best regards,

Miroslav

Hi Alan,

I am still waiting for answers to my questions posted to you for explanation on numbers.

I like the many ways of using and writing the English language. Indeed it is a beautiful language.

Catherine Tan

hay!!
it was really very interesting…
thank you so much…

Hi all,
Yes this essay is really helpful.
Thanks,
Faliery

Dear Alan !
Hello Yes man article or essay is very interesting essay to read and thank very much for it and unfortunately many authorities in developing countries like to meet that kind of people they want from them to be like yes man all the time especially in the army you have to be yes man to avoid many problems you can face with your boss
thank you again best regards