Writing essay practice

I would appreciate if someone could evaluate my essay.

Which of the following values do you think is most important to teach a young child?
• Being honest
• Being helpful
• Being patient

Being honest: 1. Family and friends 2. Self

Child education falls not only on schoolteachers but mainly on parents, who prepare them with the values and skills that are important in a person to have. Among various important values, it is crucial to teach a young kid how to be honest. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.
First, honesty will always be high valued among family members and friends, in school and even when grown ups at work. My personal experience is an illustration of this concept. When I was 8 years old, I used to spend every weekend at my grandmother’s house where me and my cousin played together all day long. One time, while playing volley ball inside of the house, my cousin broke a luxurious ceramic vase my grandma had, then he had the idea of hiding it and to not tell anyone about it. When my grand mother noticed it was missing she made the maid responsible of the lost and fired her; my cousin kept everything in secret but I could not continue being dishonest with my grandma because it was affecting already someone loyal and innocent. Therefore, I learned how valuable is to being honest.
Second, by being honest with others could lead to be honest with yourself, and this is valuable. For example, my little sister started a rigorous diet along with a daily exercise routine due to her health issues. I discovered that instead of going to the gym she was spending the time at the mall, also she changed her eating habits at home but not at school where she was eating all sorts of junk food. Therefore, she was being dishonest to herself, mistreating herself. This could only lead to self-damage, otherwise if she would be honest with herself, she could have been in a better situation and healthier.
In conclusion, I strongly believe that it is relevant to teach a child to be honest. This is because it could help others but also it will benefit themselves.

3 Likes

How about you start reading each other’s essays and exchanging ideas?

2 Likes

Great essay! And the topic is very relevant. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like