Why do you want to improve your English?

Well,

I am not a typical teacher yet.

If I teach anybody, he/she will be the No. 1, in a class that I have been done many times in my life, because I know the individual student’s requirement. This site has no time to see this requirement, but it is true I will teach and give them link for further understand or how to solve easily----it is my method that leads a student to be the master in a specific subject.

I will not give everybody this suggestion as everybody has not that quality to grasp it.But when I have been watching a person has zeal to learn this and that I must give him more light-------that is the main duty of an honest teacher which is absent here.

Actual phrase was “Well come”, then it has changed to write or you can write “Welcome”, when you teach it you should have indicated if you had written “Welcome” instead of Well come or Wel’ come, she didn’t imply me on that thread!

I can remember, I saw this writing on a main gate of a famous family house’s in our village(I born and brought up in Dhaka city) when I was just 9 years old! They learned English from S.M. hall(Dhaka university) from one of the best English man chancellors of that University in 1934. That Englishman had come out from the Oxford university.

I am sorry if anybody teaches me English I can’t accept immediate as I was lucky to have affinity with the best grammarians as well. In front of me,there are not fewer than 400 English literature paper back books, as some of my family late members used them in their 80/70 years back at university classes which makes me to know many famous writers written books name that can be known only by an English literature student not by a business student like me. Now a day, I am just following the style, but natives also do wrong here! Of course, we have to learn and it could be from the best writers’ style that are available here and there.

My time is constraint, so far.

Hi Torsten,

The reason I want to improve my English is because I want my English to be just as fluent as is my Dutch, which is my native languague (I live in Flanders, Belgium). I have a friend who lives in Canada whom I talk to a lot. I often find myself struggling moulding my(Dutch) thoughts into proper English sentences. Dutch grammar is pretty different from English grammar. So I often ‘cheat’. I type in an English sentence in Google (between " "), changing the word order and such and watch which sentence comes out getting the most ‘hits’. I can then assume this must be the most commonly used by native English speakers.
Often though this is a time consuming process. So I end up spending 4 times the amount of time on a letter than I normally would in Dutch. Very frustrating.

Also, just as in every language we have these ‘typical sayings end expressions’. Finding the correct English equivalent for those is even harder to do. But I absolutely need those to express my thoughts and feelings, just like I would in Dutch also. Eventually I end up feeling frustrated and inadequate.

These are the two main reasons I want to improve my English.

Wouter

I registered approximately a year. I was busy and I can’t participate in the forum. But from now I’ll try to participate. I am free in weekends and I’ll try to participate from this weekend. :smiley:

Well come, and never mind:

I think it will be good--------" approximately a year back.-----. But from now on, I will try—" etc.

Welcome, Ma Wah Wah Maw.

I want to talk about why I want to improve English.

Good afternoon sir, Torsen

No, I am not a teacher! My aim or purpose to improve English, first is the fact that I came from a society where we speaks French more than 95% of populations. And recently I am living in a society where people are speaking English more than 95% of populations as well. In fact I am oblige to speak English for my integration in the due society, secondly English it is one of the popular language it’s speaks wide world, third I want to speak a better English grammatically or fluent as well as I can write too. Indeed it is helping me to catch up my studies as well.

Kind regards,
Robert

Dear Torsten.
I really want to improve my English. Why? I have a few reasons for that.
I live in country where English is a main language. I go to work where people speak English. My children go to English school. English is everywhere on TV, at stores, at work, at school. But I still do not speak very well, and do not understand very well. I really need to improve my English as soon as posible. Thank you for everything.
Sincerely Alla.

Hi Torsten

As a medical doctor I need to communicate with
my colleque orally,so I focus on how to speak well?Pronounciation skillis are my weakness because my language ( bahasa Indonesia)
has the same length time and stressing word ,so I have to improve much of my intonation skills like stressing and pausing syllable and word therefore I hope so much pronounciation drill in your lesson.I hope you can give a hand to me improving my pronounciation skills

Regards

Irwan Hananto

Are you serious on this question ? i mean each and everyone knows that English is the only thing which is running wild in all kind of organizations and in all kind of job fields …

Dear Mr.Torsten
Good evening
I need to improve my language because simply I need to have a chance to study the master degree in English and I think that I’m good in reading but I have a problem in speaking and listening because there was a long time when I practiced my language in fact only in my college for about 11 years and I’m now 33 years of age.
I’m working in a telecommunication company and I send many emails everyday in English but without speaking or listening.
In fact I had ITP degree that can qualify me in studying in my country without having a need to take the official toefl test and studying abroad.now I am studying two books1. a glossary of litererary trems for M.H. Abrams and Geoffrey Galt Harpham 2.Literary Criticism for Charles E. Bressler that I will make a competition with others in a test called best qualifid person test.I really appreciate your everlasting emails on nonoazzawy@yahoo.com and it is a very kind of you to help me to improve my language and I am sorry for not loging in this forum for a long time or answering your emails.
Thank very much

I want to learn the english language cause i want to be a good commander of it, be fluent and also be a good user of all aspect of it.

Hello every body
I wanted to learn English because I love to conversation with Foreigner and use to about my job.My company not allowed(policy)employee reach some function such as I cannot listen MP-3.That is why I cannot responded your lesson.I would like to share you whith my voice message but I could not.
thank you every much
khosit

hi dear ,torsten.
Thank you very very much dear torsten for all of usefull replying and helping for learning my English,I think that you are only someone in my life doing every helping for me on the time thanks dear torsten thanks,but unfortunately because of my educating in Turkey i’ll become encounter with more problem ,inreality i want to participate in toefl examination in november month but i can’t keep going by the schedule and focusing on the english, i know ,i have a low time till examination but i’dont know what can i do? which book is useful for me during this time or which way make me more improve, i become confused in this order .im so tired in exactly ,i needs for your guidance .without passing of toefl i can’t get any scholarship ,for doctorate degree.,i would like to do any thing by the schedule in here but i have no calm ,today i needs more guidance of you .you are my best one i have.

I want to improve my English knowledge, Because it is a commercial language. To get a better job and when we work with experts, we have to use English. In Sri Lanka English is very important because there are two types of people using different languages, Tamil & Sinhala so, English is the neutral language for those people (It is exception in Government offices). The other hand, speaking in English is a trend, extra qualification and some times it is the primary qualification to get a good job.

Now, English be came as a valuable and important language in our society. it is not only important to get a job but also compulsory for higher studies, That’s why i choose to learn English any way.

Presently i’m following an English for careers Course at the University of Colombo (Extension Course). And English-test.net Website also very helpful to me to achieve my aim.
Thank you Toursten [/b][/u]

No matter how good your English is…there will always be things that you do not know :slight_smile:

Hello Torsten,
I am admitted for M.Sc program at University of Calgary starting in January.
So, I want to expand my English knowledge and I think it is vital for me.
I would be grateful if you could help me.
Thank you

i want to improve my English. I want to speak very well and write very well. Because English is very useful for me. When English is very good, I can get a good job. I will get a good position. I will communicate with foreigner.

Hi friends.

You know english learning is absolutely necessary for everybody to be up to date and etc, but the most important reason for me in this way is that I wanna take an IBT toefl exam as soon as possible as for post graduation and getting a good scholarship position I need it. So I learn english and I hope I can get a very good grade in that exam.

thanks alot for your excellent programs.

I have 3 reasons to improve my English.
First , English is the language at work. English is the language for communication between people who have come from different countries in the world. Certainly better English means better friendship.
Second,English is the language for study. In order to understand anything, good English is an advantage to access the largest database on internet. Yes, we can search information in Vietnamese, my mother tongue. However, the result is much smaller in size and much more less quality comparing English.
Third, maybe not the last reason, better English means more enjoyable while travelling.

i want to improve my english because my dream is studying abroad after i’ll find a good job. In addition, now English is very importand, it is a popular language in the world. If you want to travel around the world, you know english that is very good.