Why do you want to improve your English?

Welcome, and thanks you too-SOFIK

There is another common error in your writing which you can quickly correct, Sofik.

The spaces come after the punctuation marks, not before them, when dealing with full stops, commas, exclamation marks, question marks, etc.

Thank you! I did not think about this. I forgot.

OOh,I know that I write with many mistakes.Now I am afraid of writing anything that is why I am in this excellent forum to learn english.Please correct my errors.

Oh! never give up, keep touch with your harsh criticizer(if you think) as well as follow
on their mistakes too, as nobody is perfect.

One day, you will run across the goal. Indicating is not always a criticizing but way of pointing may be seemed! Everybody makes mistake more or less, observe and point out.

You have made the opposite error now :slight_smile:
You haven’t left a space after the punctuation mark, like this.

Don’t be afraid to make mistakes though. As long as you are prepared to learn from them, mistakes are excellent teachers.

The only time mistakes can’t help are when you pretend they don’t exist. Sadly some people pretend that they are deliberately writing in some strange style and feel a need to attack anyone who tries to help them, rather than admit that they are making mistakes.

Bev wrote:

[/quote]

I am unable to identify which one dependable clause and if we can identify them what do their meaning, ambiguous?

Do they make any sense or it is the symbol of modern fiction writing?

english-test.net/forum/ftopic88848-30.html

An open challenge:

I invite anybody(only members of ETN since last day)who boasts of her/his(including ETN honorable teachers) English language knowledge here to participate:

www.odesk.com

Please go to the test section: find, one by one at their different pages.

US academic writing test(for writing professionals)
UK English Oxford style test(for writing professionals)
US English Chicago style editing test(for writing professionals)
UK English grammar test(for writing professional)
UK English proof reading skill test(Oxford guide to style)

If you could achieve top 10% in any of three as a first timer candidate(pls. be honest with yourself), I will salute you and I must recognize you, yes, you have the quality to teach me in English language!

Again, I respect to ETN authority as they have at least tried to teach the English language to numerous people whom have no other good options immediate or we at least exchange our views among us who we like English language very much, this en devour has tremendous value-no doubt.

Why do I want to improve my English? My answer is: if I can achieve the challenge soon, it get helped me to earn not less than 10,000 to 15,000 US $ dollar per month.

Let me try:
Mistakes can’t help you only if you pretend they don’t exist.

The only one thing I don’t understand is why “are” is used. Isn’t the subject ‘The only time’ singular?

Justin

Your version is garbled, Justin.
Try this:
The only time mistakes can’t help (you) /are / when you pretend they don’t exist.

Hi Beeesneees,
I was trying to express my understanding of your sentence by using another expression.
Did you mean that my sentence is incorrect in grammar? Or did you mean the logic of my sentence doesn’t equal to that of the original one? I’d like to know more about my mistake(s).

And my question is still unsolved: what is the subject of the original sentence? “The only time”, “mistakes” or “you”?
Please allow me try again:
The only time when mistakes can’t help (you) is when you pretend they don’t exist.

Thanks!

Justin

Hi Justin,

Your first attempt was grammatically incorrect because of the misplacement of ‘only’.
This later one is fine.

Hi All…

Hi… Mr. Torsten,

Well, I really-really want to improve my english language, because I think that English is an International language. everytime when I read a newspaper, all of job vacancy just and only need a people who can speak english well, and of course, we shoul be fluently.
Although I know that I just use the basic english, I still must to study and and improve thats my skill, so I can be easy through my job, especially as a students…

but, the problem is that I hate to study about tenses and grammar…
I don’t know how to make it easy for me to understand, so I can remember it along the time ?? can you give some me suggestion , please ??

thank you… ^^

Hi there,
I’d like to improve in english because of a million reasons such as :
It’s a way to comminucate with others.
And I would like to learn and learn forever nonstop!
Regards,
Kian

Wel come,

But, you both please start up with “English” instead of “english”!

Capital letter is mandatory here.

Welcome is one word (albeit derived from the phrase ‘well come’).

Well Bev.
Once I knew the exact phrase but you misled me, doesn’t it mean the symbol of pedagogue mentality?

Please see
english-test.net/forum/ftopi … aster_pace

Interesting.

Out of curiosity, which sentence in that thread misled you, Mr. Minhajquazi?

Justin

I’d like to know that too., Justin.
I’d also like to know the purpose of the link as it seems to have no bearing on my comment at all.

Hi Torsten,

I want to improve my English because i am working in IT Company. I feel difficult and getting tense talking with clients and team members. I found speak English fluently very important.

Bye Yamini.

Actually, in that thread Bev corrected your “wel’ come”.
The lesson didn’t take, as evidenced by your “wel come” in this thread, but she didn’t mislead you.