Why do you want to improve your English?

Dear Torsten !
Hello I want to improve my English for several reasons

1. English becomes more and more universal Language in the world so
  2. I need to communicate with people
  3. ) I would like to understand western culture and see movies in English . read stories and poem and read books in different fields
  4. Do Business writing letters and E-mails
    5 ) visit Canada and USA and UK if it possible
    Having a good days Best regards Bassam

I’m working in Intellectual Property department of a certain company, and often have to write English contracts and sometimes have to negotiate with foreign parties in English. However, especially in listening and speaking, my English does not meet the level which is required to communicate smoothly. I would like to improve my English to become a highly competent international IP person.

Good afternoon Sir,

Yeah, I want to improve my English. I would like to improve more languages, but right now i only focus on English only. I had studied English in school and here in India people speak lots of languages including English. I want to speak fluent English, then only I can communicate in English with English talking people. In my busy routine, ( it’s my opinion ) housewife plus working woman, I am not being active in learning English. I think if I were fluent in English I might be in better position at work. It is an official language. English is so widely spoken, it has often been referred to as a “world language". English became gradually a major tool for acquiring knowledge. I will feel joyful as I chieve fluency in English.
See you.

Good evening, torsten,

English is an international language. Without knowing English language we couldn’t survey in the corporate world and personal life too. In my eight years professional experience, I’ve faced lots of problem because of improper level in English speaking, and writing. That’s why I started it to learn from your course.

I have to say many more thanks to Mr. Torsten and his team for all the write up done weekly based with friendly manner, and with easy sentence making for all of us.

Hello Tosten,
I want to improve my english for several reasons.
Fisrt, I earned all my degrees in french and I’d like to go to take my PhD in economics in english. I’m planing to go to the United States of America’s Universities. But as I’m not a english speaker, I need t pass the TOEFEL test and to hove a good scores.
Second, I’m working to the Ministry of Trade of Senegal since october 2007. And from time to time I go to the internationals meetings in which english is the most user. I found that I’m losing many opportunities because I don’t undestant english.

Hello Torsten!
I would like to improve my English for my traveling to different countries. To speak English in perfect is my life dream. But one thing is sad. This is no much time for this purpose.

Hi Sunnut,

Welcome to ETN. I think that you have come to right place for improving your spoken
English during travel. It will not only help you in travel but also in day to-day life.
To improve your spoken English, you will have to spend more time on listening exercises, in our forum you can practice through TOEIC LISTENING EXERCISES, you
can also record your voice in voice recorder that you can enjoy here whenever you
feel. Secondly you should talk with all members without any hestation, shy and fear.
These three you should avoid when you talk with any one.

According to me listening is the best way for overcome this problem. You should try
to talk/listen with all people, it will definitely improve your spoken English. In our forum
you can practice, accent and pronounciation training. So you will not find any difficulties in speaking once you practiced well.

Sir Torsten will guide you such a way which you never expereinced before. He is my
Guru and well wisher who only taught my English to this level. Deifinetely you will also
get benefited through this forum.

Wish you Good Luck & all the very best.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Since i am going for my master degree to Finland, I hope my fluency in English as a language will help me in getting an edge among others in learning, academics, diurnal life and in developing a career.

Dear Torsten !
I have read your message I think to improve My English is to listen more to Ms Sue
and some listening exercises like listen and write … reading … how we can correct our writing please make these lessons more available and we need some conversations
thank you for your help
waiting your word bassam1

Dear Torsten,
I want to improve my English because I’m going to pursue my education abroad. So, I need to speak fluently and I have to understand scientific texts easily. Besides, I found English very useful for communicating with many people in the world.
Thank you very much for your E-mails.
Emitis

Hi Thorsten,
That’s true I really want to improve my English. I am so glad as I found this website that has lots programs to improve our English. Through this forum, I also could find the answers of my English problems that I’m looking for. Actually, I’m not afraid of making mistakes on learning language process. Due to my business, I am not really active here.

Nowadays, I’m a teacher. My activities are teaching some materials such as science, math and health education in English and English itself as well. I usually communicate in English with my students. My students are various ages from Elementary schools untill college students. I fully realized that’s my English still poor and still need much improvement. So that’s why I need guidence to make my English much better. The thing I very concern is that I get difficulty to go out of my usual vocabulary. I 'd like to use some synonyms, such as, to change ‘buy’ with ‘purchase’, ‘get’ with ‘obtain’, or things like that. I also have learned a lot of phrasal verbs. But again and again I use my basic vocabulary. Would you mind giving me some suggestions for my problems.
Thank you.

I want to improve my communication skills to create a larger impression on people while speaking. I need not hem and haw while speaking. Moreover it will give me better understanding of the literature and the texts available in English language. It would definitely help me if I move abroad, natch.

Dear: Torsten,

Hello! Thank you so much for your e-mail, but I’ve never replied your mail until now. Sorry!

It’s the first time to post the forum. It’s turn to your question, why I want to improve English is my country is about to take part in AEC-Asian Economics Community. So, It’s necessary to learn as fast as possible. What’s more, no matter do what, I can use English in communication perfectly. Fight!

Have a nice day!

Thank&Best Regards,
Bowvita
(Thailand)

Dear Toreston, I want to Improve my English because I want to study my muster degree in abroad countries.
I don’t fear for making mistake but I forgot my password and couldn’t log in in forum. Today it is a good chance for me that I write in the forum. I have a lot of question. Pleas answer the following questions:
1- What is the difference between “maybe” and “may be”?
2- What is the using of “so”?
3- What is the using of “As”?
4- I know that the “could” is the past form of can. But it sometimes is used in a sentence which is not past sentence. Pleas explain.
5- What is the difference between “sometimes and some times” ?
I will post many question in next time, for now it is enough.

Cheers

Hi

Thanks for your good questions, it shows your interest in learning English.
I also got confused with all what you asked (Using So, As, Could, Sometimes, Some time) when I joined on the froum, I learnt it by attending test and reading Alan’s
story on the forum. Please go through all exercises (Grammar & Toeic Listening)
you can learn everything which you are not aware of before. So what I suggest
you start parctcing Exercises it will definitely lead a good path to your English.
As I am also learner like you, I cannot teach you for every step.
Could you please ask Sir Torsten to guide you how you can practice it well?
I will meet you on the after sometime? till then by from you.
Sometimes you won’t find time to attend test, you make it available on the forum
as much as you can.

Thanking you

S.Shanthi

Hi every one
I would like to ask every one can help me t speak English fluently.
thank you every one try to help me
Issa Masri

hi All,

i want to improve my English, because, the first: I use in my Job, second: my dream is to travel around the world, third: i can meet many people, etc.

i want to speak and listening better.

hope that help me, thank you so much.

Anh Ms

Hello Torsten,

I am improving my English because I work for foreign company. But it is not my main reason. In December this year I am passing IELTS test to enter British university and in September I am passing TOEIC test for my company. At the moment I have Upper-Intermediate level and my goal is to achieve Advanced level. I have to get 7.0 out of 9.0 points to study in my selected university. That is why I am here to study intensively.

Hello Torsten, First my apology for not responding to all of your messages but I’ll try my best to answer you, now that I know how to use the forum. Well I want to improve my English because since it is an International language while struggling to learn another language still English is another form of communication to understand another language. But sometimes I’m having difficulties learning it specially in writing or maybe I’m just trying to hard so I guess I try a variety of learning that soothes for me. And thank you for your tirelessly giving me support to learn English(#^.^#)

Hi Torsten
in fact I want to improve my English language because every one know that you need to know a foreign language especially English to make your life easier and better. and also i have a job and I’m working on lots of things that I don’t know them exactly and i need to know English to work better. and you know that nowadays most of the people like to have communication with others around the world and nearly all of them use the English language foe talking.
best regards
Ali