Why do you want to improve your English?

Dear Torsten
I have importants reasons to learn English. I heard a neurologic say one day: If you want to prevent Allsaimer ill, you need to learn a second language so you can stimulate your brain every day and avoid it´s older quickly. Then the mainly reason for me is prevent allsaimer ill.
An other hand I want to learn English because I need to be able to understand when people talk in English so my goal is talk English perfectly.
I would like to say you other ideas but I´m afraid I need so much to can express all my thinhs.
Be regards,
Angelu

Hi Torston.

About your question “Why do you want to improve your English?”.
Here is my answer. I whish to remind all forgeting the vocabulary phrase and sentences.

?
In the past, which is about 35 years ago, I had ever learned English. Since that time (1975) I never learned English again, till now.

The reason is I was busy making financial programs, accounting, budgeting, and financial analyzing. Over the years I spent time and effort to make some application programs. Due to work too hard, then I am paralyzed. Memory begins to decline and so on

Now my health is quite good, but to remember the vocabulary of English is very difficult, especially phrases and sentences. I hope to follow this course can enable to my memory. Thanks
Latief agus

[/list]

English is my second language. As result I am not well as like in my mother tongue language. It has been seen as international language and without knowing this language the relevant sources are usefulness.Many of the internationally recognized media has presenting their news in this medium as result without it knowledge of reading by translating may have different meaning and translation always and everywhere couldn’t give write meaning.
To these reasons I would like to learn English for betterment of my daily life of learning capabilities.

English is my second language. As result I am not well as like in my mother tongue language. It has been seen as international language and without knowing this language the relevant sources are usefulness.Many of the internationally recognized media has presenting their news in this medium as result without it knowledge of reading by translating may have different meaning and translation always and everywhere couldn’t give write meaning.
To these reasons I would like to learn English for betterment of my daily life of learning capabilities.
krishna Sharma
kps2010@hotmail.co.uk

Hello Dear Torsten.

I already introduced myself to you. My name is Élie Paré. I am from BF. But i live in Canada, montréal. I am économiste and i work in management projets. For a long time, almost all books on économie, business administration, management, and so on are in english. For getting an interesting job today, you must speak english over your exciting experience. Before at all any things, english is asked. Your level in english must be advanced. Anywhere, you need of english. English is the most important language in the world. after that, it is a pratical language and in the great international conferences, english is used.

That is why, i want to learn english; speak it fluently and write it correctly. i want to work in english. Today, that is my first priority.

sincerly

Élie Paré

HELLO…
My name is Leticia. I’m from Brazil and I’m an English teacher.
I had been living in United States for an year and a half, and my next stop will be Canada :slight_smile:

Thank U very much to give this chance. Francly I am worker and Degree holder but I can not speak, wirte and read. Your web for this good and help me very much. I cann’t speak perfectly, it is obstacle for my work. so please advice me, what shall I do? my native langauge is Amharic. this problem is not mine most of person live with in this country the most problem is to speak english language. English language is internatinal language, if u want go any where every body speak by english because this is common language.
please more advice me . for your attend thank u very much.

Hi Torsten, I like to improve my english beacause my grand son speak it. Then I don´t want to be dam for him. Thank for you help.

Elsa.

i want to learn english becoz this is one language which is most spoken everywhere
& as english became a mediator in commnication it plays an important role in making career in any field .

I’ll like to improve my english because it is a day to day languge that i live by.

I want to improve my English because i find that English is the most common language to communicate.

Dear Torsten,

Sorry for being quite. I was out of internet services. I want to perfect my English spekaing and writting. All my work requires Englsih as the official language. I want to be excellent in Englsih.

Patrick

Hi Torsten,
In my opinion, the question of reasons for improving or learning a language proved to be “the hottest” of all presented here so far. Realising what the causes of errors are- is the first step to improving our language. I base my entry decision on two factors: personal satisfaction or because of career prospects. Some learners consider careers closely related with knowledge of foreing languages. It is done in Poland to boast about one’s success. There’s an old saying “If everyone makes a career, who will work?”, of course, this is a joke:-)
I do not want to be an “extra” and stand all my life in the background, as a part of a crowd, do you?
In fact, I even don’t know what’s going to be important word in a language. It must be underlined that you Torsten and all team are my final and only assessors of my work here. You make me absorb knowledge and test the level of acquisition. I will be more explicit about it; I can’t do anything to improve my language to the level I would be able to pass CAE exam without you all, and on the other hand you need your students- we have to cooperate, as Torsten puts great emphasise on it. And the better cooperation, the more chance we have for better communication and writen skills.
It goes without saying that we become partners, and this partnership does wonders. There’s no ground for antagonism because there’s no conflict of interest- even if we feel forced to do something e.g. to post on the forum…, we are not forced by you. You give us something we believe you can give us, and we appreciate it. If you ask me, your affable manner is the most important attitude after the helpful feedback you’ve been giving us. Everyone has its own way of learning a language. As I see it, there are two alternatives: I can either learn groups of words ( idioms, collocations, words by meaning and more…) or learn by reading what’s on the forum here. Someone once said:" Intercultural learning means breaking down barriers and promoting open-mindednesss, interaction, reciprocity, tolerance and solidary"
Thank you

Hi Dear Torsten,
as a matter of fact I know english but I just want to be more familiar with some details may I have forgotten because of lack of usage also want to be more fluent. you know I just have some problem in listening . also accents, idioms and etc.
sorry again I rarely come to this forum. hope be more active from now on. here I thank you for your patience and kindness.

Hi, Torsten
It’s a long time that I want to send a message for thid forum. Ok, it’s the first time I do it. Well, I am a Madurese in Indonesia. all your emails support me to do the best one in teaching English at my class. sometimes I have a difficult problem to be solved which one is correct between “I would rather prefer tea than coffee” and " I would prefer tea to coffee. thank you for answering it.

I would rather have tea than coffee.
I would prefer tea to coffee.

Hello sir,
My English is not good,i face problems while talking to others in English.Sometimes I fail to express myself. So ,i want to improve my English

I must thank you for that question, I want to improve my English because I need it to communicate effectively and to live a formal life. I want to be a public figure and as such need to be outspoken, and this cannot be done without sound grammatical construction. Good english is pleasing to the ear and should be encouraged.
I need english because it is something worthy to have. we do not no where we can find ourselves, therefore we have to prepare ourselves to be able to give good speech(es) whenever we are called upon to deliver a speech.

I must thank you for that question, I want to improve my English because I need it to communicate effectively and to live a formal life. I want to be a public figure and as such need to be outspoken, and this cannot be done without sound grammatical construction. Good english is pleasing to the ear and should be encouraged.
I need english because it is something worthy to have. we do not no where we can find ourselves, therefore we have to prepare ourselves to be able to give good speech(es) whenever we are called upon to deliver a speech.

Leo

Leo