Which one of the following constructions is correct?

which one of the following constructions is correct?
{That’s the trouble of it,} {when most of the beasts have gone enemy and gone dumb, but there are still some of the other kind left}.
{That’s the trouble of it, when most of the beasts have gone enemy and gone dumb,} {but there are still some of the other kind left}.

“The D.L.F. beat you in that shooting match, Su,” said Peter…
“I—I left it too late,” said Susan, in an embarrassed voice. “I was so afraid it might be, you know—one of our kind of bears, a talking bear.” She hated killing things.
“That’s the trouble of it,” said Trumpkin, “when most of the beasts have gone enemy and gone dumb, but there are still some of the other kind left. You never know, and you daren’t wait to see.”

2 Likes

{That’s the problem when most of the beasts have become hostile and mute} {but there are still a few of the other kind}.

“The D.L.F. beat you at the shooting game, Su,” said Peter…
“I did it too late,” Susan said in an embarrassed voice. “I was so afraid it might be one of our bears, a talking bear.” She hated killing things.
“That’s the bad thing,” Trumpkin said, “when most of the beasts have become hostile and mute, but there are still a few of the other kind. You never know, and you dare not wait for it.”

2 Likes