Where are you from?

Hi everybody!
My name is Gulzhan. I’m 23 years old . I’m from Kazakhstan, Aktau city, which is located near Caspian sea. I love my country so much!
I have strong wished to go to foreign countries for study, to make friends and to know more about they’re culture, traditions and etc.
I would like to say special thanks for Torsten. Many thanks for your support and very interesting, useful lessons.
Bye!
See you on next forum!

hello my freinds well i’m hadia and i’m from Algeria and my native language is Arabic and i’m here to improve my English laguage…
are there any members from Algeria??? …
take care of your selfs…

Hello everybody.
I am from Armenia, but I have been living long time in the USA. However my English still needs to be improved. :wink: Dear moderators, thank you for everything that you are doing to help us.

Dear teufelchen,

You are doing a wonderful job!! I’m from Qatar (Arabian Gulf). Thank you so much.

Farha

Im from australia mates , at North south whales…

Hey there, I’m from Georgia, the recent conflict zone you might have heard from TV. I’ve been receiving Torsten’s lessons from the very beginning but this is the first time I decided to write here… I like the way the lessons are composed, so I really enjoy reading them… Looking forward to improving my English with you and reaching an upper level :slight_smile:

Hi, Gulzhan! Could you tell me a little bit more about your country.
I’ve been in Baku several years ago which is also near Caspian sea. I liked this city very much.

Hi ! I’m Lilibeth , though it’s not the first time that I have visited this site, I still consider myself a newcomer . I’m from the beautiful country of the Philippines, I am 47 yrs. old and I have been an English teacher for 25 years in the elementary level. I graduated with a degree of AB English (with special field of concentration in Literature) . Oddly though, although I commune with great thinkers during my undergrad through their works, I am enjoying teaching English in the elementary. I consider teaching small children my calling, I find more pleasure and fulfillment in teaching kids.
I am really glad that I found this site 'coz its nice to talk to people who have the same level of interest. I find this site very useful in my profession. In fact, I have already used a lot of exercises from this site in my classroom.
I would be very glad to hear from you if you want to contact me, and I would be more than willing to help you in case you need one.

Why not?
Hello everybody! My name is Nigora, I am from hot and beautiful Uzbekistan. Do you know what is Uzbekistan famous for? Answer, please, I will be glad that the other part of the world knows about my Motherland. So, as you all friends here love and learn English language, listen the auding materials from Sue, answer tests and check yourselves, I do the same and improve my English;
Dear Torsten, thank you.
Now I have an opportunity to shout to the world and communicate with my friends.
I am 35, I am Uzbek. nigoraubaydullayeva@hotmail.com
See you soon.
Nigora.

" WE made you different nations, people , and tribes to know each other"

Was perfect the phrase above, it is what everyone needs to live better with people from different background, given respect and receiving respect…

You know what, and we don’t know someone, most of the time we do wrong judments, and we lose the opportunity to meet, very interesting people, with difference believes.

I’ll apreciate to talk to you… the problem is my poor English, I’m studying , but you know sometimes I forgot the whole thing… hahahah

What do you do in Saudi Arabia ? Do you like football ?..

HI all
I’m from HCMC Vietnam
thank you all so much
QuachHoa

Hi All,

My name is Rudy from Indonesia.
I work for Insurance company in Jakarta

Of course, I like all the lessons. I am still studying english --my english is very poor.

I agree with the phrase “WE made you different nations, people , and tribes to know each other”. Hope we might know each other.

Thank you and keep posting Mr. Torsten.

Gbu all…

I’m Tran The Sinh, I come from Viet Nam and 28 years old. Currently, I am living Ho Chi Minh City. I m engineering for Industrials System Engineering. I completely live this forum. It help me get more knowledge from everybody in the world. I m studying IELTS at Austrilia - Viet nam languages school in Ho Chi Minh City. I really like studying English. I need to have feedback from everyone.

Nice to meet you :smiley:

Best regards

:smiley: Hi all, I’m a new one in this forum so I think I should give a hello to you.
I always get many difficulties in studying English. I’m from Vietnam where English is just a second language and not popular.
I don’t have many chance to use my English so up till now after ages studying english, I still cannot use it in real condition.
If anyone has any experience in studying English, please tell me. Thank for your helping :shock:
:smiley: onlylove

I live in Nashville, Tennessee… but I consider Minocqua, Wisconsin to be my hometown.

Timeline:
1976 Born in Madison, WI
1978 Moved to Nashville, TN
1979 Moved to Grand Forks, North Dakota
1980 Moved to Minong, WI
1981 Moved to Minocqua, WI
1994 Began college at UW-Madison
1998 Moved to Chicago
1999 Moved back to Minocqua
2000-present in Nashville

An apt song for this topic might be “My Hometown” by Bruce Springsteen. If you’ve not heard this song, I recommend that you try it out.

Hello everybody. I am from Venezuela, but I am living in Miami because we have a lot of political problems in Venezuela. I love my country but at this moment it is impossible to live there. I came here with my son who is finishing College at this time. Miami is a city with many people from diverse countries, differents culture, I really prefer to live in Venezuela. Miami is very hot almost all the year. I am very happy to be in the forum. I had learned a lot of with it. TANK YOU.

Hi there,
its interesting to know different people.
I like the forum.
I"m from Pakistan.
Its a beautiful country with so many scenic views.

Hi

I was born in Inky (Inkersall; Derbyshire) a one cow village.
Moved at 16 to Preston (North West)
18 to Manchester.
After my studies to Worcestershire (where the sauce comes from, and not the Dresden rip off ; ) )
25 to Apolda (Thuringia),
and since the age of 26 have now been living in Leipzig for 7 years .

I feel the Peaks in England and Saxony to be home, but the village left the lad a long while ago.

hi ,
I am from Gaza Palestine

hi am sherley! new student , i am frm Mauritius, its been nearly 3 yrs since imoved to uk, just want to improve my english ,am a level 2 student in adult literacy