“When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success.” Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position

Many successful people have invented astonishing products and technology until today. Some people might think that success is deeply related to luck because luck is always next to them. However, I totally agree that luck is not related to success. I have two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.
Firstly, I have never heard that successful people have achieved something thanks to luck. Most people who realized their dream studied or practiced harder than we expected. To give my example, when I was a high school student, I studied hard to go to university. All students who want to study at university have to take entrance exams. No one relies on their luck because entrance exams require all knowledge. Of course, there are questions about luck during exams. However, if we know the questions’ answers, we can get points. If we do not know the answer, we lose points. Therefore, I have never depended on my luck, and I will never think luck exists.
Secondly, if luck existed in the world, people might stop trying their best to achieve something. Some people believe in gods and luck in the world. It depends on culture and religion, though, evidence does not exist. For instance, Steve Jobs established the company “Apple”. This company has greatly contributed to our society and lives. He studied hard when he was a university student, and he experienced many failures. However, he succeeded in making a computer which technology has been used until in this era. If he did not try hard and make a number of mistakes, “Apple” would not exist. In addition to his feat, many successful people experienced many failures before realizing their dream. Failures are the most important key to success in our dream.
On a final note, many successful people have never considered luck, and they have tried hard to realize their dream. A large number of mistakes are part of success and the piston. Therefore, I totally agree that luck has nothing to do with success.

2 Likes

Many successful people have invented amazing products and technologies to this day. Some people may think that success is closely related to luck because luck is always around them. However, I fully agree that luck has nothing to do with success. There are two reasons for this, which I will explain in the following essay.
First, I have never heard that successful people have achieved anything thanks to luck. Most people who have achieved their dream have studied or practiced harder than we expected. For example, when I was a high school student, I studied hard to go to university. All students who want to study at a university have to take entrance exams. No one relies on their luck because all knowledge is required in the entrance exams. Of course, there are questions about luck in the exams. But if we know the answers to the questions, we can get points. If we don’t know the answer, we lose points. Therefore, I have never relied on my luck, and I will never believe that there is luck.
Second, if there were luck in the world, people would stop trying their best to achieve something. Some people believe in gods and luck in the world. It depends on the culture and religion, but there is no evidence. For example, Steve Jobs founded the company “Apple”. This company has made a great contribution to our society and life. He studied hard when he was a student and experienced many failures. Nevertheless, he managed to develop a computer whose technology is still used today. If he had not tried hard and made a number of mistakes, “Apple” would not exist. In addition to his achievement, many successful people have experienced many failures before realizing their dream. Failures are the most important key to success in our dream.
In conclusion, many successful people never thought about luck, but did everything they could to achieve their dream. A large number of failures are part of success and the piston. Therefore, I completely agree that happiness has nothing to do with success.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!!! Your revise always help me.

1 Like