What are you going to accomplish in 2020?

2020 is around the corner and it’s time to reflect on what you have achieved this year as well as setting goals for next year. Next year is a unique one for many reasons. First off, it’s a rare case that a year consists of two equal numbers such as 1717, 1818, 1919 and now 2020. That’s quite remarkable, isn’t it?

Secondly, 2020 will be the year Great Britain will finally leave the European Union for good and Donald Trump will get reelected as president of the United States of America. Also, in 2020 Facebook will launch its own cryptocurrency called ‘Libra’ and Fridays For Future will continue their fight against the fossil fuel lobby together with Extinction Rebellion, Greenpeace and many other organizations across the globe.

However, I want to know what exactly you are planning to do in 2020? What are your goals for next year? Do you want to learn a new language, meet new people and travel abroad? Or do you want to get a new job or start your own business? Please let me if you have already thought about these questions.

• Improve my English
  • Take an exam
  • Move to a better place
  • Get married
  • Finish school
  • Go abroad

0 voters

3 Likes

Torsten, you have provided good food for thought and action, particularly to the youngsters who are dynamic and who consider life to be meaningful.

As a septuagenarian, I do not harbour any ambition now. I have already been on this forum and on Quora answering hundreds of questions. I hope to continue it. Meanwhile, I am planning to revise my book for its next edition to be brought out in 2020, a beautiful year as you say.

Well, though the year 2020 is unique, I am not inclined to expect all that you have predicted in your second paragraph to be true.

3 Likes

I hope with the UK and USA you are wrong :sweat:
Why do you only have the option "improve your English "?) I want to improve my German :grin:

2 Likes

Hello, Sir Anglophile. Excuse me, sir. What is the meaning of “a septuagenarian”?

3 Likes

Hello, Lady Natalia Polteva. Your new look is very nice.

3 Likes

Oh, I hate traveling abroad. I have not been abroad before (I did not travel abroad before). I wish you all a happy new year.

2 Likes

You probably mean ‘hate’ :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, sir. Many thanks.

1 Like

Thank you Mona_Rmzi! :blush:

2 Likes

A septuagenarian is a person who is in their seventies!

3 Likes

God keeps you, sir. I’m very old. I’m above 100 years old. I still want to improve my English. I do not know why? Maybe for entertainment.

3 Likes

Wish you all the best. There is no age limit for learning. That you are above 100 is incredible though!

3 Likes

Many thanks, sir. I wish you all the best, too.

This is the truth, sir. Excuse me, why is it incredible?

2 Likes

Well, it’s absolutely incredible and astonishing for a number of reasons, wouldn’t you agree ;-)?

4 Likes

I can not disagree with you sir, but what are the reasons?

2 Likes

Maybe we can start a little German language training group together with @Andrea who also speaks some German and will make progress very quickly because of her linguistic background…

2 Likes

Me too, It gives me pleasure to join German language learning group.

2 Likes