What a strange day!

My Dear…

We have holiday today. It is 225th anniversary of our first Polish constitution. One of the first constitutions in the world. The day started

with the beautifully sunny morning. So my friend called me to go for a walk. But the weather deteriorated soon and I had to stay at

home. It was raining strongly and even it was the storm in the broad daylight. When I watched through the wet from the rain window, I

noticed funny scene with the man who had forgotten his umbrella. A while later the people went home from the nearby church. Their

umbrellas looked picturesquely and also uncommonly, as the strong rain is in the last years is a rarity. For example i don’t carry umbrella

with me. The hood must be enough!

My Dears…

The long awaited Spring came in its full pulchritude. The green is so juicy. And sun is so bright that eyes can’t stand it. Today the

smell

of freshly mowed lawn caught my nose. Outside of my window the woman is working with the lawn mower.

I see myself how I am doing the same in the Żywiec. But too many errands keep me in Gliwice.

Who knows what the summer will be. They say that it will be wet. Hopefully it won’t be so bad.:-))

Moni travelled recently abroad, how it is in her habit.

I hope that she will boast to us with her nice pictures taken there.:-))

Yes, I visited Belgrade, the capital of Serbia, last Saturday.
It was not the first time for me, but I went on that trip mostly to have fun and change the scenery a little.
First we visited the “House with flowers” which hosts the Mausoleum of Iosip Broz Tito. Jovanka Tito is also buried there, near to her husband; she died in 2013.
In fact, this house has been built at Jovanka’s wish, as a greenhouse, and it has been always her favourite resting place; she wanted to bury her husband there:

Tito’s working desk is also there, and many gifts that he received; among them, a huge number of relays that he received always on his birthday from all the regions of the former Jugoslavia:

It was a habit that athletes bring the relays similarly to the Olympic flame at the Olimpic games.

The park of the Mausoleum has many statues, flowers, fountains and also a museum. Another museum is in front of the entrance. It shows moments from the history on the former Jugoslavia.

We continued the trip to Saint Sava Cathedral which is considered to be the largest Orthodox Cathedral in the world. It’s a new cathedral, built near to the old Saint Sava church which is small but very good looking. The interior of the cathedral is not finished yet, but it is huge indeed.

Then we visited the fortress of Belgrade which hosts a beautiful park between of its thick walls, with gates and towers; an exhibition of guns remind us the real purpose of the place; there a’s also a military museum there but only a few men wanted to visit.
In the moats of the fortress people play basketballs and tennis:

There were so many people in the fortress! I seemed that all Belgrade was there, especially young people and children, but a lot of tourists also.

We crossed the fortress and the beautiful view of the Danube opened generously in front of our eyes.
It was not only the Danube. We’ve been told that the river which was coming from the left side is the river Sava, which flows into the Danube.
Sava had a browny colour and the Danube was all blue, so the place of flowing was easy to see, as it appeared like a perfect line.
The view of a huge island completes the scenery. Two years ago it took us an hour to circle the island on a cruise and I remember it was delightful.

We continued with a fine walk on the main street in the center and had lunch on a terrace. There were a lot of terraces with coffee, ice-cream and food. Oh, and a lot of people.

The trip ended in the evening after doing some shopping in a Mall.

I saw for the second time that Belgrade is worth visiting.

I arrived home with a huge desire to go and visit other places in other countries which will happen soon.
Till then, I still have a lot of work to do, at work and also home :frowning:

:slight_smile:

My Dears…

Today I went to the town to buy some pills which I couldn’t get in the pharmacies around my place.

My son told me that a new road under the centre of Gliwice has been opened recently. I breathed with relief, because I saw it in ruins

for the long time. I wanted to take some photos from this place. The view from the bus was very attractive. But I hadn’t good access to

the place to take photos.

Instead of it I snapped some pictures of the old

buildings - whereas I was walking along the main street of Gliwice.

My dear Moni!

Thank you very much for leading us through this wonderful and interesting trip to Belgrade.

As you can predict my interest was concentrated of the tennis court. It was very well thought to make use of

the place for the tennis court, because of yet existed the tall ancient wall. Someone could argue - about this

localisation - as the lack of respect for the historical place.

But in my (a very unobjective) opinion, the tennis courts should be built everywhere where it is possible.

Because it is a very healthy sport, and it require only two people to play. So is in Ceskoslovensko Republic,

unfortunately not in Poland. Why? Because it was said that it is the exclusive sport for the wealthy people.:-((

Kisses:-))

My dear Moni!

Oh my dear friend! You are going again to go abroad. How do you find the strength for such often trips. When I

think about it I get allergy. Maybe you are relaxing and sleep when you go by bus or train. I hate the long

travelling. Especially now, that I just have caught a cold. It is better now - that the cough have stopped. The

only consolation for me will be pictures from your escapades. What more it is a full moon. Having problems with

the falling asleep I watch the full moon through the window and I imagine the strange pictures on the

background the trees which are growing next to my house.:-))

Vienna welcomes Monica solemnly!

Why it doesn't surprise me?

I would do the same!:-))

And the banquet in her honor
was very successful!:-))

Today is Children’s Day in Poland.

Happy Childhood to the all Children of the World!

I went to town to buy gifts for my children.

When I got out of the bus my eyes were attracted

by a funny genre scene.

Good people care about the birds when it is a hot

time in the town.:-))

My Dears…

Do you like Summer and a beautiful weather??

Oh! I am sure that everyone would say “yes!”. But not me. When I am in Gliwice, during beautiful weather I am nervous. Instead of to

be happy and joyful I think about it that the Summer is short and it is going to finish soon. And again will come for long time, the

dark months, gloomy and rainy.

As often as a can I go to the swimming pool. My son accompanies me. Not only there. He is helpful mainly with shopping because I

must spare my legs.

At swimming pool he waits for me upstairs. He is not bored. He watches boys playing football through the window. Over the

swimming pool. When I finish, I come for him. Today I met two children who played with me " peek-a-boo " pretending won’t to be

taken by my phone. On the photos is all this funny situation. With the boy, girl and my son.:-))

Hi Canadian 45!

Thanks for your correction!

Every help is welcomed.

I hope that you belongs to this part of Canada which use English language.

I wonder why you decided to correct my Polish constitution into “polish constitution”. Don’t you like Polish people?

Polish president and his wife in Norwey:-)

Hi my dears!

I am not very interested in football. Everybody

knows that my main sport it is tennis. But my son

is crazy about the soccer. So I must all time hear

of his excited voice and comments when he falls

to my room and unexpectedly cries from behind

my head. I am jumping in my chair from the fear.

One day it can be finished badly.

Anyway I am pleased from the results our football

team. And I am happy that Poland has got quite

decent football team recently:-))

It happens…:-))

My dear Moni!

I can’t wait for your relation from the trip to Vienna. I know that you are very busy due to baking a lot, for the never ending receptions in

your family.

So in the meantime I am going to boast my garden in the loggia.

I have the seeds of avocado, because I eat avocado for breakfast. They looked attractive for me, so not knowing what to do with it, I

have put them to the soil in the flower pot.

It was nice surprise when I noticed something strange growing from one seed. Slowly it is growing up and looks nice. The two other also

appeared.

Of course! The harvest is coming:-))

From my Iranian friend I had got the photos of the harvest in his gardens. For the larger scale; obviously.-) He wrote that there are

such fruits like peach, grape ,medlar and apricot.I had no idea what fruit was “medlar”.I have never met it. I had to look for it in the

Internet. My dear! excuse me for mistakes. It is horribly hot in my place:))

Oh! I forgot to show my avocado seeds:-)

And the beginning of my avocado!

Funny! Isn’t it?

…It was no mercy. I had to accompany my son during the penalty kicks!:frowning:

:-((