What a strange day!

But now you have to tell us how that episode influenced your future! Did the young man whose portrait you had drawn become your husband? :slight_smile:

Yup, your town is beautiful! It somewhat reminds me of Sibiu, a town in central Romania:

Dear Cristina!

You wrote accurately about history of your drawing. Only me was probably tired when I read it. Yes. Everybody knows yet, that in the

Internet we can find nearly everything. My daughter learned in Internet how to swim by crawl.

You are very talented and patient when you was able to learn the knitting by the Internet. You made lovely things. I quickly peered to your gallery to

see it. Now everybody can see it and to admire:-))

Dear Cristina!

You caught me!!!

But when we say A , we should say also B:-)

…No, he didn’t become my husband. They only had the same names.

That day it happened that we were in the same tram. He approached me and asked what it all means.

I wasn’t able to use this possibility and I said: I’am sorry about.

Then he vanished from the school soon after. But he had his girlfriend in their class. We had met at the ball at the end of our school.

Oh! I had spoiled this event. It was the last time we saw us.

But I remembered him and I suffered.

After couple of years, when I finished my study and had my own family I got message from my mother. She saw the obituary. He died

in the motorcycle accident. I was weeping three days. This story had continued. But it was really very sad coincidence.

Dear Cristina!

There is same similarity in town which you show us,- with Gliwice. The houses on the second photo, and the church from the first

picture are similar to ours. Nothing strange. Our countries years ago had the common border.

My grandfather talked me about it . He was the

the railway draiver of the trains which ran to Romania. There were sharp frosts, and he later suffered from rheumatism:-((

Your town is beautiful and looks nobly:-)

Hi, girls!

I like your stories, I enjoyed reading them, so thanks for sharing.

I only want to highlight that Sibiu is a beautiful and special town in Romania, with an old history and strong cultural tradition.
In 2007 it has been chosen, together with Luxembourg, as a “European Capital of Culture”.
I visited it just two times, although my best friend from University lives there and invited me continuously, but this summer I will eventually go, for the wedding of her son.

I discovered today the new face of an old park in my town, named the Parc of Justice which used to be just a park near to the famous Roses’ Park; well its new appearance is like a rainbow: full of colored tulips: red, yellow, black, orange, pink, in two-three colors, some are perfect, others ruffled, you’ll see. I have never seen so many of them in one park - its name should be Tulips’ Park now, brother of the Roses’ Park of course which I will show you later, in a month maybe :slight_smile:

Dear Alicja,

I like birds. I had two parrots when I was little; they looked like the one in your picture.

Girls, I almost forgot…

I found a new friend today in the street:

I think he lost his cell phone but he didn’t notice - he’s talking and talking …

:slight_smile:

Sorry, Alicja, I was pretty sure of the happy ending…

That park of yours looks a sight for sore eyes, Monica! :slight_smile:

(On second thought, I’m not so sure of my use of this idiom here, but there you go…)

“sight for sore eyes”?

I assure you it fits perfectly here! it’s real therapy for sore eyes! also for sore head, and tired mind.
Unfortunately, no camera can catch what our eyes can; but it’s not far either :-).

My Dear…

I am very often in the swimming pool. No that I love swimming so much. And not that I

can’t cope without soaking myself in the water. I am doing it for my health. Happily I have

the swimming pool near to me. About 5 minutes on foot.

I like to go there when the weather is sunny. Through the big windows there fall rays of

sun and I can imagine that I am on the beach. The long swimming is rather boring.

There are also the other attractions. From among of them I make use of the water

whips. It is a very good body massage.

In the pictures is my swimming pool. To add credibility, also photo of my strong back of

the swimmer. I believe that our dear Beees won’t find it shocking:-))

Next time my way to the swimming pool. Also attractive.

Hi dear…

Did I say that next message will be interesting?

Hmm… perhaps it is interesting for me. It is my way to go to the swimming pool. I prefer take the same way when I am going back home

from the swimming. Simply because it leads down. Every way up, is still not convenient to me. But at least nice view can make pleasure.

When I approach to my aim, I see a big sport complex. It is always nice for my eyes. When it was built, I hoped that I would find there

the tennis court. It was a bitter disappointment. No tennis court among other sport places. Anyway I am happy to see the football pitch,

with the long treadmill accessible to everyone. I hope to be able to use it the one day.

Dear Alicja,

You took us for a nice walk yesterday!

Beside being healthy, walking is very pleasant and relaxing, mostly after doing some sports, like swimming for example. And if the weather is fine like it was in your photos and the way home goes through parks away from the noise and dust of the city streets, it must be wonderful.
It’s fantastic that you go swimming regularly. The swimming place looks good and clean and I understand it’s not far from your home. They have also very good mirrors there :slight_smile:

I could go swimming too, but the swimming pool where I like to go (which looks like yours) is a little far from my place - as an excuse of course, because the truth is that I was not decided enough. I used to go there some years ago, but now … since I discovered the Zumba classes … the swimming pool is too far, because the dancing place is much nearer :slight_smile:

I had a pleasant Saturday too: met my friends, walked, talked, had a good time.
The center of my city got a new face, because of a new flowers’ festival named Timfloralis.
There were (still are) thousands of flowers, in very nice arrangements as for example some sort of a forest with fairies wearing white dresses; the and arcades full of coloured and perfumed flowers:

The fairies were appearing and disappearing just like that, you know, they always do that, so I didn’n catch any with my camera.

In the evening we enjoyed the performance of Ricardo Caria, a singer from Portugal who sang Fado music . It was a fantastic show, Fado music was new for me and I fell in love with it from the very first moment; he also sang two Romanian songs and all the people there sang along with him of course.
A cameraman from the stage and a drone which was buzzing above us filmed the whole show and us and we could see everything in detail on two big screens on both sides of the stage.

Ricadro Caria:

I intend to go again this evening. I just hope the weather will permit it, because it might be tricky today, as it appears now.
But there’s still time till 8:30. The Filarmonic Orchestra of my town will perform tonight on the stage and I know they’re good.

So this was/is my life this weekend. I just don’t like that it’s ending…

Good morning everyone!

A coffee?
A special morning coffee?

We have flavored and flowered coffee! 2 in 1!

Available only today!

:-))

My dear Moni!

I dare say that I counted at least hundred of it.

Of course I can’t smell it personally, (oh, what a pity!)but I am sure that it is

fascinating aroma:-)

My Dear Moni!

I haven’t been in your beautiful country ever. I hope that in the one happy day I will be able to go there. From your messages and

photos, and also from our Irish friend i realised how attractive your country is. What I admire the most, it is how much your country

is caring about the environment.

And also how often they provides to its citizens the cultural enjoyments. For example the Flowers Day. Also many attractive concerts

in open air ,which are accessible to every one for free.

Kisses! Alicja:-))

Well, I sniffed all colours :slight_smile: and I can say the red flowers like the ones in the coffe had a sweet aroma and the most intense smell was given by the purple ones. All together were smelling fascinating indeed.

You should bee :slight_smile: here next year to see it for yourself! I mean the flowers, the people, the concerts, me for example, but you could also schedule a visit this very year which is a promissing one!

Dear Cristina!

I mused about it what you said. Because as long as I know…there was nothing happy in this story.

Anyway the story had its continuation.

Next to me lived the family. They had 3 children in the primary school. The father was a driver in the same company where worked my

husband. The mother sometimes had helped me at my children. So it was rather poor family. From this woman, by chance - I learned

what happened next. The boy of my interest, had a small girl. I knew nothing about his wife, but it wasn’t this girl from my school.

What happened with the mother of this small girl I don’t know. But the small girl became an orphan. My neighbor told me that it was

1,5 year old nice child.

The only her relatives was uncle’s family with one child. But they didn’t want to keep this girl. So the girl had to go

to the orphan house. My neighbor woman strongly wanted to have this girl. I also thought about it of course. When I mentioned about

it, there rather wasn’t applause. Soon after it we moved into another place. I had no more link with my neighbors. So for me it was end

of the story. But i still remember…

Dear Alicja,

after your recounting of the portrait incident, I thought you were going to say that you ended up marrying your teenage crush and thus, have your “happy ending”.

Hopefully the little girl did not have too harsh a “journey” and is now in a good place in her life – I think she deserves it, IF ONLY for having the misfortune of losing both her parents at such an early age!

(…The notification system doesn’t seem to be working very well at all – I, for one, have received very few notifications of this thread.)

MY DEAREST FRIEND MONI!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and all the TREASURES  of the world- TO YOU!!!

[img]http://www.english-test.net/forum/user_images/29042016072556.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.english-test.net/forum/user_images/29042016072708.jpg[/img]

Happy Birthday, dear Monica!

May you have… er… everything your heart desires! :-)))

Oh, and I attach a bunch of flowers of your favourite season, Spring:

Is it your birthday, Monica.

Happy Birthday!

Thank you dear Alicja, Cristina and Beees!

I read your greeting messages late in the night just before turning off the light in the end of a tiring day, and I fell asleep happy like a child :slight_smile:

… thinking at red roses and hearts, gold coins (all mine, of course), beautiful lilac flowers, strange words (found out they are in Welsh) meaning “Happy Birthday dear!” and that was it – my Birthday.

Even if a day later, I’m thankful to you for your kind wishes, flowes, treasures, most of all because you stopped for a while and thought of me because you know, it feels soooo good! It’s good to see that people notice you and care for you.