Wanted: Feedback on TOEIC Listening Exercises

Hello friends,

Would anyone please explain me the meaning of “Office Essensials” which is told in one of Listening tests.

Thanks

1 Like

The equipment found in an office that is essential for its smooth everyday running.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation.
So we can say house essentials,car essentials and so on with their related concepts,cannot we?

1 Like

‘Household essentials’ rather than ‘house essentials’ but yes, we can.

‘Cannot we?’ though correct, sounds quite stilted. It would be more natural nowadays to say ‘can’t we?’

1 Like

Hi, I don’t understand why the third option is considered wrong.

1). Weren’t you married to Diana Ross?
Yes, I’ve always loved Mary.
Yes, that’s right. – CORRECT
No, we were.

1 Like

It indicates that more than one person (we) was married to Diana Ross and also that the person who was asked the question is not the person who is responding.

1 Like

Hi Bev, thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

3). Whose coffee cup is this?
I think it’s Sophia’s. – CORRECT

Can I say “I think is that of Sophia”?

Thanks in advance. Cheerio

1 Like

You could if you added the missing ‘it’ (I presume a typo? - "I think it is that of…’) - however it would sound very stilted.

1 Like

Hi Bev! Yes, it was just, er, a typo. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help. Take care.

1 Like

Good morning,sir.
Up to now,i’ve never attended any audio or recording message,because i don’t have a computer or a big phone.The one i use wasn’t have jave script.But i’ve downloaded once about crock pot were one women was appreciating about the pot.I’ll try own a computer o BB for effective learning,i’m really with you.
Many thanks, Sa’id.

1 Like

Good morning,sir.
Up to now,i’ve never attended any audio or recording message,because i don’t have a computer or a big phone.The one i use wasn’t have jave script.But i’ve downloaded once about crock pot were one women was appreciating about the pot.I’ll try own a computer o BB for effective learning,i’m really with you.
Many thanks, Sa’id.

I am able to get audio and would like to also get the text transcript to compare the accuracy of my listening with what was actually said.

Sir,
Good evening! I just want to ask, how to download the audio recordings and put it on my phone. So that I can listen to it during my free time. Thank you and God bless…

Please don’t display the advertisement which is not related for learning English. This is causing mood out to the learners and thereby I/We are unable to attend test to my satisfaction.

Thanking you

S.Shanthi

Hi Beeesnees Madam,

TOEIC LISTENING PART III SET 16, EXERCISES.

In the above exercise, somebody says that [color=green]Ï am pretty busy"what is the meaning for that?

Thank you

S.shanthi

oxfordlearnersdictionaries.c … ish/busy_1

Thank you, Francis.

S. Shanthi, do you understand the meaning rfrom the link Francis has provided?

Hi Bev, I don’t want to steal your job. :wink:

You won’t. My job is in a building a few miles down the road from my home.
This is one of my spare time activities.