Wanted: Feedback on TOEIC Listening Exercises

I know, Bev. Mine was only a joke. :wink:

I should have used “work” and not “job”, perhaps.

No need. I got the joke and was joking too.

Yes Madam, I understood the meaning from the link which has been provided by Francis,but still I don’t understand the meaning for “Pretty Busy”.

I want to say thanks to both of you for the same.

Thank you

S.Shanti

Using ‘pretty’ there indicates that you are quite busy.

oxfordlearnersdictionaries.c … h/pretty_1

Thank you for your explanation through “link”. In Indian English we never get used to Pretty busy, whereas we used to say "Quite busy, very busy, so busy…
that is why I asked you and clarified my doubt.

S.Shanthi

Hi Beeesneees Madam.

When I was attending test, I found your forum products Materials for discount sale (in PDF - Exercises). I cannot afford to buy the same. Hope you will understand my position.
When we are facing power problem and finance problem, how we can afford to buy those study materials.

If there is any problem for you by attending Toeic by myself, please let me know immediately, I will stop that.

Thanking you

Shanthi

First of all, I would like to make it clear that I have absolutely nothing to do with the sale of materials on this site.

Having said that, thwere is no problem with you using any of the materials that are available free on this site, without making any purchase.

1 Like

603). Working out

Nothing is visible out the window.

Can I say “… out OF the window”, too?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi,

(B) This picture was taken in someones home.

Is that “was taken” a present perfect? If so, why not “has taken”?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

No, its a past tense for this transitive verb.
Active:
I took it yesterday.
You took it three weeks ago.
Passive:
It was taken three weeks ago.
It was taken three weeks ago.

1 Like

I’d much prefer the version with ‘of’. I think most BrE speakers would. In my experience, ‘out the window’ tends to be more AmE.

1 Like

Hi Bev, thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

Dear Torsten,

I have just listened to some of your recordings. Excellent exercises.

Great job, as usual. I love English.best

I have the great privilege of informing you that I did the 2013 ECPE from Cambridge/Michigan University, located in Ann Arbor, and apart from the listening test, in which I got 715 (LP), I got HP (Honor Pass) in the my other tests (Speaking, Writing and GVCR). And needless to say, the section 'Speak spontaneously" has helped me an awful lot.

I have some English students. Most of them have already heard of English.best

Thanks for your attention.

José Sarto Silva

1 Like

Dear Sir,

I am attending TOEIC PART IV, SET 2, SECOND QUESTION, IT IS NOT DOWNLOADING
PROPERLY, PLEASE EXPEDITE THE SAME.

THANK YOU

S.SHANTHI

Dear Sir

I would like to inform you that my progress report has been showing wrong percentage in my progress. Before attending test on 13/10/2014, it was 65.68%, then after attending test on 14/10/2014, it showed me 64.23%, now, I opened the progress report
it has shown me 62.33%, why your progress report is showing different % I don’t know.
To-day I have not attended any test, I had already seen my progress report on 14/10/2014 itself as soon as I finished the test. Really you are discouraging me by showing this progress report. I don’t want any progress report, I just want to improve myself. My rank 40 will never get changed even I attend test in nil mistake.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Dear Sir,

TOEIC listening part I, set 32, exercise 8

The Cycle Race.

There are two correct answers to the Photography Exercise.

1. One man in orange jacket is standing in the road.

2. There are 3 cars in the picture.

Please let me have your explanation if my suggestion/answer is found to be wrong.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Hello S. Shanthi,

Why do you say there are three cars?

Hi Madam

Don’t you find three cars in the above photography exercise? I could find 3 cars in that,
if you have any reason for my alternative answer is incorrect for the exercise. Or my eyesight is not correct.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Hmmm, yes. I see what you mean. There are three cars if you look closely at the background. In fact, I now seem to recall that this has been mentioned previously… it is probably buried somewhere further back in this thread.