Wanted: Feedback on TOEIC Listening Exercises

Dear Sir & Madam,

I am very regret to inform you that when I attend TOEIC PART II, no exercie is downloading
I don’t know why if you could tell me the reason, I can stop attending test.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Exactly what webpage are you trying to access? Please provide a link.

Hi,

What does it mean “The horse is jet black”?

english-test.net/toeic/liste … mping.html

As black as the semi-precious stone, jetstone.

You’re amazing, Bev.

Don’t applaude, just throw jetstones. (Preferably mounted in silver or gold).

Hmmm, I thought that this website was free! Anyway… I’ll be happy to do that as soon as we meet. ;D

I’ll hold out until you’re happy to throw diamonds.

Haha. It’s a deal! :wink:

Hi,

I have seen Diamonds but I am not aware of jetstones. Where can we find that jetstones? From which what we can do and uses of that stones?

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Dear Sir,

I am sorry to inform you that I cannot give voice message on the forum since I
am browsing e.mail through Mozilla Firebox, it is objecting for voice mail.

Please bear with me.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Hello

I have listened to TOEIC listenting exercises: Employee asks co-worker for help.

But I don’t understande the expression : give them an edge in hiring quality workers and ensuring top-notch performance.
Could you explain to me what the word edge means?
Thank you
Helen

Hi Helen37,

Try to look at this link: oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries … onary/edge

Hi Helen37,

‘Give someone an edge’ in that sense is to give them a slight advantage over somebody/something.

give them an edge in hiring quality workers and ensuring top-notch performance
means.
Give them an advantage over other firms when they are hiring quality workers and ensuring top-notch performance.

I like these listening exercises you offer us. So far, I haven’t found any fault in it except several minor spelling mistakes.

The mountain is the background is full of trees.
The first ‘is’ should be ‘in’. :slight_smile:

Dear Joyce, thanks a lot for pointing this out. We’ll correct it soon. Regards, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A soccer match[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Sir,

I would like to inform you that I attended 'TOIEC SIMULATION (PRACTICE TEST) 5. just now.
My score is Listening 247 & Reading 239, Total Score: 486. I don’t feel any dissatisfaction about my result whereas I felt dissatisfaction with some of the Listening Part which
was not matching with the text, I didn’t know what to do, somehow I tried my best to
finish the test. What I request you is please verify the TOIEC SIMULATION model
once again to make it correctly. So that other learners will not face the same problem
as I faced now.

Thank you & Very kind of you for your co-operation.

S.Shanthi

Hi,

I don’t want to seem pedant, but there’s a typo: “Most of the sprinters in the pictures have white skin.”

english-test.net/toeic/liste … block.html

Yes, ‘pictures’ should be ‘picture’.