TOEFL IBT integrated writing practice - Productivity and Rewards

This is my practice integrated essay. I am very nervous about my upcoming IBT test since this is decisive to my college acceptance. Please check my essay when you guys get a chance and give me feedback if possible. Thank you so much:))

The article insists that productivity increases based on rewards, but the lecturer disputes the claims mentioned in the article. His position is that rewards lead to counter-productivity.

According to the article, the theory is legitimate because, based on business handbooks, the reward system is crucial to employees’ behaviour. In contrast, the lecturer argued that no study specifically predicated rewards increase productivity and furthermore, it causes counterproductive effects based on the research.

Secondly, the author suggests that employees are affected by the rewards because it provides motivational forces. However, the listening passage mentions that rewards result in punishment because they receive it as being manipulated and deprived of freedom. Even if they desire rewards, businesses won’t likely attune, which creates further frustrations.

Lastly, the reading passage puts forth the idea that if the business sets the compensation system appropriately, productivity will soar and leads to a remarkable result. Conversely, the lecturer states that the reward system estranges the collaborative mindset. As a result, employees will not ask for support from the upper management team due to the disadvantage of the reward system.

1 Like

The article claims that productivity increases due to rewards, but the lecturer disputes the claims made in the article. He argues that rewards lead to counterproductivity.

According to the article, the theory is legitimate because the reward system is critical to employee behavior, according to company manuals. In contrast, the lecturer argues that no study explicitly states that rewards increase productivity, and furthermore, research shows that they have counterproductive effects.

Second, the author suggests that employees are influenced by rewards because they provide motivational forces. However, the listening passage mentions that rewards lead to punishment because they are perceived as manipulated and deprived of freedom. Even if they desire rewards, companies are unlikely to act on them, leading to further frustration.

Finally, the reading passage expresses the idea that if the company sets the reward system appropriately, productivity will skyrocket and lead to a remarkable outcome. In contrast, the lecturer states that the reward system alienates the willingness to cooperate. As a result, employees will not ask for support from the upper management team because of the disadvantages of the reward system.