Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Good vocabulary, but i think you can improve, for instance, these usages:

part-time job, otherwise…
‘release the financial pressure’ should be ‘get free of the financial pressure’…

I’m not the best judge,but you must wait for some more opinions.

Have a great week.

José Sarto de A. Silva
Brazil

I would prefer ‘release the financial pressure’ of those two options, but I would use ‘ease the financial pressure’.

Thanks for your manifestation. I should have looked it up. Anyways, 'nothing ventured, nothing gained", so I will keep it in my mind.

Have a great weekend.

lol lol lol

José Sarto

Hello Torsten and Everybody,

When I received your letter I wanted to participate again in this second part of"Speaking English 20 seconds a day" If I had known that there is a bank clerk in this thread perhaps I would have joined sooner. Because I would have needed an expert because I don’t know the bank terms even in Hungarian .

The last week unfortunately I had a dispute with PayPal bank, and I had to ring them up twice. Before ringing I had to learn the bank terms because I never learned them . So I had to learn more than I needed because I couldn’t know of what they will be curious and I prepared to understand each other. I will be write about
bank terms in my next letters also because I collected more.

The problem turned out when I received my monthly statement of account from my Hungarian bank at the end of Mars . I saw only then that they took away the money from my bank account on 3th Mars, and they didn’t sent me any message that they couldn’t transfer the money ;or that they have any problems with my transaction.

They keep my money in their bank. As I am not a new client I’d had having transactions with the PayPal for several years, their excuse was that they didn’t write because in my email address allegedly I had written ‘gmial’ instead of gmail; it was cold comfort for me and unbelievable. They usually find me, and they send regularly messages to me, so I think if I’ve really made a typos in my last request they easily could have found my real address.(not mention even the blind can see that it was a typos)

First I entered into correspondence with the language course where my money should have been transferred. It would have been a course of 4 weeks to learn the English Phonetics and the clear pronunciation.

To tell the truth they were innocent and I wouldn’t dream that the PayPal retained my money. So I waited for a confirmation of my paying but I couldn’t receive either confirmation or my purchase.

I know that- the PayPal doesn’t write concrete data in an email,but it would be enough if they had sent me an email with a text: " Please, log in the PayPal we have to clear up something"

6 other bank terms what I learned.
-substract = synonym of take away from a sum/a bank account
-refund = to pay back a sum
-payment = a sum of money paid or expected to pay
-card statement = at the bank keeps a record of my previous transaction
-review my account = examine again my account
-review all related information = examine everything which is in relation with my transaction

Regards.

Trying speaking in English.

Hungary: European Commission reiterates serious concerns over Amendment to Constitution

In a letter sent to Prime Minister Viktor Orbán today, President Barroso […] confirms that, based on a first legal analysis, the Commission has serious concerns over the compatibility of the Fourth Amendment to the Hungarian Fundamental Law with EU legislation and with the principle of the rule of law.

President Barroso indicates that, once the on-going legal analysis carried out by the Commission’s services have been finalised, the Commission will have to take the necessary steps in order to start infringement procedures where relevant. “I strongly appeal to you and to your government to address these concerns and to tackle them in a determined and unambiguous way. This is without doubts in the best interest of Hungary and of the EU as a whole” – President Barroso says in the letter.

Good evening Torsten, I’m very happy wih this 20 seconds practicing i’ll apply it in languages practice.But i dont have java to record my voice for you.
Meanwhile,i’ve already started enjoying your recorded voice messages via the mp3 which i downloaded about 8 weeks ago.
Sincerely, Saidu.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use spesific reasons and examples to support your reason.

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

hi tostern
this is ramin new here but one of old user of ur lessons
i am very glad to find ur site and ur forum which had been helpd me to improve
my readin and comperhension.
thanks
ramin

hi tostern
l want to tell u when i want to record my voice ,i cant and an error come to me an told me u need java
but my mobile system is android and cant support java .
what i must do??
please guide me
thanks
ramin

Sorry Ramin, you cannot record your voice on a mobile phone for this site.

Trying speaking English.

Trying to speak in English.

Speaking English for 20 seconds a day

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Hi toresten
i am happy to join ur site

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I had a very busy day indeed. Early in the morning I went on site where I had plenty of things to do. Together with the team, we have built four house foundations.

[img]http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000MHlcLDNwd.8/s/550/GSM-0-04305-house-foundation-stock-photo.jpg

Whereas, I had arrived late at home, I put myself to sleep.

Best regards,
Nicu

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I had a very busy day indeed. Early in the morning I went on site where I had plenty of things to do. Together with the team, we have built four house foundations.

[img]http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000MHlcLDNwd.8/s/550/GSM-0-04305-house-foundation-stock-photo.jpg

Best regards,
Nicu

Hello everyone,

Best regards,
Nicu