Simple Present (Unit 7)

Dear, teacher.

I often work in one of senior high school in Semarang. A large number of student come from the other cities. They live in boarding school. Every morning they go to school at 6.45 am until 14.30 pm. Their schedule is busy. We speak English everyday. Miss Ine is an English teacher. She always supports them to practice English. Of course, she creates not only an English Club but also the English Area. Everybody always communicate English language in daily conversation.
In this forum I implement simple present tense in this conversation. Do you think that it is right ? Please, correct me.

Hi Renny,
I’m not your teacher, but I have some questions and some ideas for you after reading your little story. By the way, I want to apologise to Mr. Torsten, Mr Raft for my daring.
Renny wrote:
I often work in one of senior high school in Semarang. A large number of student come from the other cities. They live in boarding school. Every morning they go to school at 6.45 am until 14.30 pm. Their schedule is busy. We speak English everyday. Miss Ine is an English teacher. She always supports them to practice English. Of course, she creates not only an English Club but also the English Area. Everybody always communicate English language in daily conversation.

1. why do you use “often” in the first sentence?
  2. What is the “senior high school”?
  3. Miss Ine is an English teacher or a teacher of English?
  4. You must note that ONE OF / A NUMBER OF+ pl.N (one of the boarding schools in the city./ a large number of students)
  5. Everyday they go to school at 6.45 am and come home at 14.30pm. OR Everyday they have to be at school from 6.45am to 14.30pm.(?)

Hi everybody,

I’m Meera. I live In the United Arab Emirates. My favorite hobbies are reading and watching movies. I’d like to read more and more in order to improve my writing. Thus, I make a dialy schedule in summer holiday. I get up early at 6 A.M and have my breakfast. I read many different books. Then, I help my mother in preparing the lunch because she is a traditional woman and she forces me to get into the kitchen to learn how to cook. I check my emails afternoon to read the lessons that Mr Torsen provide and start to practice them. Afternoon, I meet my best friend online and discuss our issues with each other. By the end of the day, I watch the tv and read some usuful books before sleeping.

Best regads,
Meera

Build some simple present sentences with the verbs ‘to come’, ‘to go’, ‘to drink’, ‘to get’, ‘to drive’, ‘to know’, ‘to say’, ‘to run’.

He comes to office daily
They go to school everyday
He does not know how to swim
Those people who come in time they complete their work easily
she drinks water
she dreives a car
she does not like cold drink
He gets up early in the morning
They could not get the result
we do not like water
she knows everything regadung product
they know how we can do it
he says to me please come to the office in time
They do not know how to drive the car
he runs from the ground

I come to the office daily and firstly go the meeting room. All team member are already waiting to me. before started the meeting most of the team member wants to drink the water. After closing the meeting I go to the service center.William knows how to deal the customers. when i enter the service center he says thing are not going well. he does not know the basic problems. He goes to club to run the ground.

regards
shafqat

Thanks for your correction. Of course your explaination is very important. It useful for me. I think I have to learn how to choose the right word.

I just cometo read my last english lecon I go to practice the presnte tense now,I can use the presnte tense as I drink a cup of water now but my learning english gets some level and it drives me like a good student too.I know if i keep really this course I can arrive to speak english fluently as you Mr. Tosten.They say sometimes we can if we want but I run after success.

If I make a mistake correct me please and I expect a new lecon.

Hi Gourdet,
Congratulations. I think your English is getting better as a beginner. Making mistakes and being aware of the correction is a good way to improve yourself. There are some misspelling in your writing and also some phrases that need to be checked in order to be clear. Go ahead, and improve yourself more and more.

Nola

Hi Aldro,

Many thanks for joining our forum and posting your sentences. Please find my suggestions below. Best regards. Torsten

He often comes home late.

She goes to school.

They usually have tea for breakfast.

I often ride my bicycle.

I know what you mean.

He runs faster than me.

The police often gets the thieves.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Travel agent gives a customer his travel booking details via voice mail message[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Chiro,

Many thanks for joining our forum. Your sentences look quite good and you can find my suggestions below. Best regards. Torsten

I live in Antofagasta.

I work for Westfire.

I love playing the electric guitar.

I have a rock brand together with some friends.

We play every weekend and sometimes during the week too.

My father knows what kind of music I like.

He loves listening to rock music.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Radio commercial for special sale days for mattresses[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi hungvtlmn,

Many thanks for your feedback. It’s great to hear you and your frineds like using our forum. I look forward to your next messages.
Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: New sports club official gives encouraging introductory speech to players[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear kishanphp,

Thanks a lot for joining our forum. Your sentences look pretty good and you can find my suggestions below:

I usually get up early in the morning.

I usually go to work by bus.

I get to the office at 9 o’clock every day and I usually have breakfast at 10 o’clock.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: President of cat association opens annual convention[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Rizwanahmed,

Thanks a lot for your sentences which look pretty good. Please find my suggestions below. Regards. Torsten

I can run fast.

She says the truth.

He likes to study history.

He often makes tea./He likes making tea.

They come to our office very day.

I go to the office very day.

They usually understand what I tell them.

He lives in a large city in Pakistan.

I know you want to work here.

Very good!

They go there every year.

I exercise very day.

He expects me to pass my next exam.

He knows I can speak Urdu and English.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Sales executive leaves voice message for his co-worker asking him to get in touch with accounting department[YSaerTTEW443543]

This is my simple present.

Hello. My name is Hebe Amado and I live in Argentina in a city calls Trelew. I study Biochemestry at UNT. I like cats very much. My best friend´s name is Alex and she´s from Peru but she lives in Dallas, Texas. We both like New kids on the block the most popular boy band in the whole word.

It was good? tell me please!!!
Thanks all of you.

Hello Hebe,

Thanks a lot for posting your text which looks very good. Please find my suggestions in bold.

[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A customer makes an appointment to have his car serviced[YSaerTTEW443543]

I study physics
He and she studies maths

I go chruch
They go temple
He goes chruch

I talk about science
They talk about god
She talks about god

I want become a scientist
They want become a doctor
He wants become a polatician

Hi Torsten

My name is Dem and I live in France. I like playing football. My best friend’s name is Richey and he likes playing football too. We both like our coach.

I will come home today
He comes home late

She goes to work once a year
I often go to the stream

He often drinks a lot of alcohol
I drink water after meal

I know your name
He knows my name

He says he’s going out

I can run very fast
But She runs faster than I

Please make corrections where necessary.

Thanks
Julie.:slight_smile:

Hi Mr Torsen.
I come home late at night
But she comes home earlier than me.
I often go to school by motorbike
And she also goes by motorbike.
I drink three glasses of milk everyday.
she only drinks one glass of milk.
I know how to swim.
But she can swims very well.

I want to become a diplomat
she wants to become a business.

please correct if I wrote wrong :stuck_out_tongue: :lol:

I see that the exercise about present simple is to write some sentences.
Let’s see what comes in my mind now.
I’m unemployed at the moment. I gave up my work some time ago.
And now here are some sentences related to my daily program.
I usually get up at about 9:30 in the morning.
I make my bed and I put on some clothes that I use at home. I have breakfast with my father because he is at home until 11:30.
And than I sit in front of the computer and I start reading my email and doing exercises in English.
I spend almost all my day in front of the computer, sometimes reading or learning and naturally listening to the music.

I think that I finish my sentences for now. Sorry that i’ve used other tenses as well, but it is not easy to write a story using only one tense.

Bye.
Julia

Hi Torsten,

I read some examples of present simple put forward in the forum by some. And I also read your correction one. I saw some sentences which I think is correct but you remade the sentence by putting words like often, everyday. I know we write present simple when we do that thing consistently. Does that mean every present simple tense has to be with those words (often, everyday)?

I get up early in the morning. I drink one glass milk before the breakfast.
I go to office at 9 am daily except saturday and sunday and come back to my home at 6 pm. I drive very slowely becouse I am in learning process.