Simple Present (Unit 7)

I work in the home department. I would like to become a writer but I lack [the] writing skills. My friend has [a] good writing skills but she hardly uses them. I wish I had her skills so that I could write about all the pressing issues that our world faces today. I want you to judge my writing and tell me if I will ever become a writer.

[color=darkblue]Hi chokyi,

You are a good writer. Keep writing!

Cheers,

Ralf

Hello every one, :roll:
I am fine and hope you all are doing well.
My name is salima. I live in karachi.I get up at 6’o clock.I brush my teeth and then i take my breakfast :slight_smile: .I get on the van at 8’o clock.I reach office at 9’o clock.
i come back home at 6:45pm. :wink: I take some rest and then i hit my books.I go to tution at 8pm.i come back home at 10:15pm.After taking my dinner i goto sleep so that i will be able to get up early in the morning.
:stuck_out_tongue: :lol: :o

Hi Salima 89,

I hope you will be fine. I m rizwan ahmed. I live in karechi. I m doing job as a merchandiser since 2004. I reach at office at 11’o clock and back to home at 8’o clock.At home I take some rest after haveing bath and have my dinner at 9:30. during the dinner I chat with my wife and younger brothers and discusse their issuses and try to solve them if possible and give them idea how can they remove their problems.after dinner I prepare to go Masjid to perform namaze isha and recite the holy quarn few minuts after namaz and after that I take some rest again in my room and chat with my wife and jogs with her. Round about at 11:45 I go to meet with my freinds and ejnoy with them and come back at 1’o’clock and them Immedaitely get the bed to sleep because I get up early every day.

Looking forward your reply,

Thanks & Reagrds,

:slight_smile:

this lesson is supposed to be very easy lesson because as i said before i have TEFL certifiaction. really, it is. anyway i have a question. how can i use the previous sentence by using ‘being’
Thanks
Lana

Hi Ina,

Since you have the TEFL qualification, could you tell us how it is rated and what you did in order to acquire it?

By the way, what exactly do you mean by “how can i use the previous sentence by using ‘being’”?

Take care,

Ralf

Dear Torsten, all teachers and learners.

“My name is Abdelhamid Ben and I live in Morocco. I work for Group Addoha. My best friend’s name is Mohamed Kha and he works for Group Addoha too. We both like developing the building and proprieties’ sales.”

Thank you very much.
Abdelhamid

Unit 7
I do homework. I make some sentences in simple present. For example:
Everyday I go to hospital to work. I drive motorbike to my office. I drink some coffee before I begin to examine my patient . I always get information on the internet if I have free time. I know I have to learn more so I improve my job. I come from VN but I want to immigrate to Canada.

Dear Torsten

Here are few Present Simple sentences :

I work for a company in pulp&paper. I work from home - I use the Internet for my work.
I practically don’t go out.

My son studies at the Academy of Music, he plays the cello. He practices every day for three or four hours. He usualy practices at the Academy. He does’t like practicing at home. He thinks our neighbours wouldn’t like it. He only practises at home when he is on holiday. Our cat likes his music. Her name is Vanessa M. She usually sits in the armchair and listens to him.

Cheers!

:slight_smile:

[color=indigo]Hello ,
I am Dema AL_Betar , I am a teacher , my mother is teacher too
I like play tennes , my sister does not like it and my mother does not know how it is played , i drive a car my sister drives a car too

thanks rizwan ahmed :smiley:
hope you are doing well…its good to help your family and solve their problems…
in that way you are able to be with them… :slight_smile: …Due to doing job some time we are not able to help or listen our families problem…sometime we get irritate by them…but we should not do this…we should have some time for them…this are the small things which make our life happy

thanks and take care

Hello,

He comes to home.

She gos to school.

They drinks some tee.

I drive bicycle.

I know what’s you mean.

I must to say something.

He runs faster.

The police gets the thief.

Thank you and best regards

aldro

Hi Teacher

I live in antofagasta city
I work in westfire company
I love playing electric guitar
I have a rock band with some friends
we play every weekend and sometimes when we have time
my father knows what kind of music i like
he loves listen the rock music

Can you tell me where I made a mistake please

Hi all,

Every single day of mine, I visit English-test.net and every times I find a new idea on that webpage. My friends pots their sentence and get the fitback from teacher as me too. Thanks to all and really want to learn more and more.

I get up in the morning .
I drive by Bus.
I go to office every day at 9 o’clock.
and i take breakfeast at 10 o’clock in the moring.

Hi, Torsen

Please check my below sentences which I made myself.

I run fast.
She speaks true.
He likes to study historical book.
He makes tea.
they come daily.
you come
Yes, I come daily.
they understand what I say with them.
He lives in a larg city of pakistan.
you want to work here.
I work here.
they go there.
I do exercise daily.
they do exercise daily.
He expects that I will be passed into my next exam.
He knows I can speak urdu and english.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi all!

This pupil comes always late to school.
She goes every day to her work at seven O’clock.
we drink a lot of water in the summer.
I get up at six O’clock.
He drives a car carefully.
She knows what he wants.
I don’t understand what she says.
Today, they run in the park in order to be healthy.

I ask you to correct my mistakes if I have made any.

Best regards.
Abdehamid.

Hi,
to come: My friends come from South Africa. Leone comes by plane.
to go : They go to Europe often. Edy goes to walk every weekend.
to drink: We drink beer in the evening. My wife doesn’t drink beer, she drinks wine.
to get: I get present of them. My son gets may car often.
to know : They know lot about Croatia. Edy knows a lot of interesting stories.
to say :She always says about her grand-children. We usually say hello when we answers on the phone.
to run : When we play football we run fast. Marathon runner runs over 42 kilometers.
Please correct my exercise. Best regards , Felix

HIi guies
Who can give the time line of this tense ? GIVE SOME EXAMPLES

Hello every one, I’m your new friend Marwa, I’m from Iraq, I realy like these lessons and I’m enjoying them very much.
Here are my sentences:
I/they/you go
He/she/it goes

I go to my work every day.
he/she goes to his work every day.
they go to their work every day.
you go to your work every day.

I/you/they miss
He/she/it misses

I miss my sister. (as she lives in the US), and she misses me too.

I/they/you like
He/she/it likes

I like to chat with my friends on the net.
he doesn’t like to chat with his friends on the net.
they like to chat with their friends on the net.

I/they/you have
He/she/it has
my fiance has a small white car
my father has a big white car
my friend’s father has a big maron car

I/you/they use
He/she/it has
I use the Internet during my spare time.
He/She use Internet during his/her spare time.
they use Internet during their spare time.
and you send us useful English lessons.

I hope I’m doing well in the English language, I’m getting better and better, I’m feeling it every moment, and I will continue on coming here to this site to be much better.
take care all of you.

Hi Shin

GIVE SOME EXAMPLES. is imperative, right?