Re: Request to please evaluate essay- IELTS Band 0-9

Qtn: Write about the following topic:
Nowadays we are producing more and more rubbish. Why do you think this is happening? What can governments do to help reduce the amount of rubbish produced?

These days as a society, we are producing a lot of rubbish. There is an urgent need for the government to intervene and bring a stop to this. With the advent of development, and developing economies, comes the burden to increased production. However, this production and manufacturing of products may not be environmentally sustainable.

For example, there is a heavy dependence on plastic for a fair amount of products. The dependence has increased with the augment of various industries producing multiple products which has its dependence on raw materials that are harmful for the environment. Such as plastic, dust, and the humongous amount of waste that is generated and disposed unethically, thereby harming the surroundings. Industries is one of the largest polluters of water, land and air. Sustainable products have their core ethos in the processes used in production and manufacturing. All products which are produced unethically and causing pollution are not economically viable and sustainable in the long term. Mass production has also led to cheap prices and cheap quality of products.

In this scenario, government policies and intervention plays a huge role. For example, the governments of various countries can take into account the climate crisis, water crisis and resource crunch into account and formulate policies which makes the producers of rubbish accountable. To address the water crisis, the government can charge the industries as per their usage of water. They can also strictly monitor the waste water pollutants discharged into water bodies.

The government can also ensure that the wastewater is treated and in countries which have a heavy burden on agriculture, this water can be recycled back into the system.

In conclusion, the production of rubbish can be controlled effectively by the government of various countries. In today’s times where climate change is hugely impacting the world, it is important that countries make conscious decisions to manage the climate crisis resulting from unethical practises of production. It is imperative that the governments take the first step in regulating the same.

1 Like

It should be “… play a huge role”

1 Like

It should be “Industries are…” or “Industry is…”

1 Like

It should be “which make…”

1 Like

Thanks @Memo34 This would reduce my band to maybe a 7?

1 Like

I am not sure about that. @Torsten knows better than me this issues. By the way, I wrote an ielts essay which is on the forum. Can you comment for mine, if you want of course? And @Torsten :slight_smile: I am waiting for your special feedback and estimated band score as well.

2 Likes

I most certainly will. Can you please share the link of your essay or the subject line?

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like