Pracisting your speaking and pronunciation skills?

Hi everyone, this is my first voice message that I send. I look forward to your answers and advices.

Grateful in advance!

— Here are the steps for reimbursing travel expenses. First, you need to fill out a travel voucher, that’s the blue form here. Take that to your manager, and get his or her signature on the bottom line. Then, take a copy of that form – that’s the yellow page underneath – and turn it into accounting. Be sure to attach copies of all your receipts. You keep the third page, the pink form, along with all your original receipts. Reimbursement checks are cut once a month, and they are separate from your normal paycheck. They usually go out on the 15th.
— OK, blue form to manager, yellow to accounting. I think I’ve got it. What type of expenses will the company reimburse?
— Typically taxi, subway and bus fares; admission fees; meals and drinks up to $30 a day; and any necessary business supplies – either for use on your trip or after you return. Of course, we’ll also reimburse for unexpected costs, such as having to rent a hotel room if your flight is cancelled or delayed, or expenses associated with a lost wallet or natural disaster

hello everybody

I would like to make progress in my vocabulary and writing

Carla Patricia

you are better than me :slight_smile:

hi everyone
its a very good initiative taken by english test.net managers. i hope i have got a good platform to improve my english & may i keep up with the same momentum.

You’ll have to try again, but I’m afraid that I cannot advise you on why we hear only static and no voice on your test threads. Please send a PM to Slava or Torsten if you continue to have trouble. They are our recorded-message experts.

thanks, but how to get to Mr Torsten.

A)Traffic is building up on the motoway
B)There are more lorries on this motorway than cars
c) Traffic is flowing freely on the motorway
d)The vehicles are travelling too close to one another on the motorway

i’m a new mem :slight_smile: .nice to meet u. I want to improve my El skills especial listenning,it’s so bad^^. I like this site

Hello Mr Torsten. I’m a new mem here. I received your mail. thanks for your mail. I think I can study many useful thing here. Look forward to receiving help from you. Nice to meet you.

I want to record
but my pronounciation is bad

:shock:

Hi now I will try to record something in English. If I dosn’t work I try more tomorrow.
/Maria

Sorry, Maria, I hear nothing but static. Please try again or PM to Slava, Torsten or Kitosdad.

— Yes, I need to book a round-trip, business-class ticket from San Francisco to Beijing, leaving on the 18th and returning on the 29th.
— OK. One minute please. I can book you on Worldwide Airways, leaving at 9 a.m. the 18th, with a two-hour layover in Seoul, and returning at 2 p.m. the 29th, with a one-hour layover in Tokyo.
— I’d prefer a direct flight. Also, I’d like to depart in the morning both days, if at all possible.
— Let me see. I could book a direct flight at 7 a.m. the 29th on Asia Air, and the return flight from Beijing would be late morning – 11 a.m. – on the 29th. Would that be all right?

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to pratice pronunciatoin and record a paragraph. Please give me some advice if possible about my voice record. Thanks in advance.

As with many Chinese and Taiwanese learners, Maggie, your main difficulty is the clear and full pronunciation of (especially) terminal consonant sounds. Practice making sure that you complete each word: afraid, spreadsheets, like. Make a special effort to say these sounds strongly, clearly, completely. It may help if you add a very short ‘schwa’ sound after these: afrai, spreasheetsə, etc.

Hi. Torsten .This is alicia …I’ve been reading the answers that you put on each others,and I think evrything is helping me ,but I have a lot of mistaes at my pronunciation

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor discuss World War II?[YSaerTTEW443543]

This is Hien Tam from Vietnam. Nice to hear your voice. Very interesting to know this forum. I want to record my voice but…my microphone is wrong, so I hope to post another time.
Thank you.

please help me correct my pronunciation in this exercise. thanks. :slight_smile:

Hi, Torsren. could you correct my pronunciation.
32). Inside the car
(A) The driver has both hands on the steering wheel.
(B) The car is a righthand drive model.
© The passenger is pointing a hand towards the right.
(D) The driver is wearing an orange top.

Hello Torsten,
how is my pronunciation? Would you corect me please.
Regards,
Lyubomir

Welcome ladies and gentlemen. My name is Linda Layman, and it’s a great privilege for me to welcome our keynote speaker this evening, Samuel Jamison. Mr. Jamison, as you all know, is CEO of Beta Soft Corporation, and is regarded as the country’s Most Creative Entrepreneur by the American Business League. In addition to that award, he has earned Wealth Magazine’s “Man of the Year” award two times, and, last year, he was named “CEO of the Decade” by Business News Magazine, the first CEO that Business News has ever honored from our state. Mr. Jamison has grown Beta Soft from a two-person organization headquartered in his garage to a multi-billion dollar, multinational corporation in only 10 short years. You all know that. What you might not know is that Mr. Jamison founded two businesses that failed prior to Beta Soft, and that starting his third - and most successful - venture was actually his wife’s idea. Ladies and gentlemen, join me in giving a big hand to our keynote speaker, Mr. Samuel Jamison.