Possessive 's' (Unit 6)

Hello dear SIR!
I will try to answer on your questions .
The possessive “s” is red color.
The verb to be is blue color.
The possessive “s” is used to show that something belong to somebody: dad’s cup,Ann’s flower.
The verb to BE is used in the form am , are ,is.
f.ex: she is or she’s
Ann is a student or Ann’s a student.

Hi Torsten,

The ‘s’ in red colour is the possessive and the blue colour ‘s’ is personal pronoun be-verb.

My test score is 8 out of 10.

After reading the explanation also i don’t understand, when ‘must’ and ‘have to’ to be used. Can you please explain.

I’m replying your mails through forum only. I don’t understand why you mention as ‘start using this tool soon’. In what other way I have to use it.

Thankyou
sobana

somewhere “s” represents a possession while in some cases it is “is” which represents a helping verb.the red ones denote possessive <> while the blue denotes verbs.

I think the blue one is an abbreviation for example:
he’s is the abbreviation of He is
it’s personal pronoun be-verb.

but the red one is possessive “s”

Hi sir,
First of all thank you for your helpping me on this lesson.

If i go back to lesson I think the red “s” is showing possassive and the blue one is short form of he is, he’s. I hope I’m correct sir.

best regards.

bakar. :smiley:

The red “s” are possessive ones and the blue “s” are the short for “is”

HI the answer for “she’s”= to she is. to be verb.
the answer for “her husband’s name” = possessive

Hi, Torsten
I’m going to answer for your question with great pleasure.
1)red ‘s’ - it means that a thing, person or expression hidden by a word following the noun with red ‘s’ belongs to this noun. Example: “My uncle’s car” (or daughter, or trouble) means that this car (daughter, trouble) belongs to my uncle. In other words: car of my uncle, daughter of my uncle, trouble of my uncle.
2) blue ‘s’ - it means a contraction of a particular third-personed singular personal pronoun with third-personed singular form of the verb ‘to be’ - is. Example She is = she’s, He is = He’s, It is = It’s.
That’s it, Torsten. Correct my mistakes, please. Thanks. Best wishes.

Dear Mam or Sir
English is my second langauge… I will be glad if you could clear my confusion regaring the adverb and the verb…
I will be glad for your help
thanking you…

your sincerely
Rinzin

Very dear Torstem,the red “s” is the possessive ,that means, ones owns something. and the blue"s" is " to be "verb ,such as “is”
thank you very much.

The “s” letters which are marked as red in the example text express possesion, and the “s” letters which are marked as blue in the same example are abbreviations of “is” or the form of the verb “to be” which is used for third person singular.

dear Torsten,about lesson 6
the red ‘s’ is pessessive,wich means when somebody owns something,and the blue ‘s’ is the verb ‘to be’

best regards
Adi

Hi Torsten,

In this column:
Red colors 's are “Possessive 's”.

Thanks for teaching us in generous way.

Dear Torsten Sir,

Thank you very much for teaching us.
I have seen picture’s of your family.you have 2 daughter and 3 boy. his’s name is A ,B ,C, .and daughter’s name is X and Y,yours child are very naughty.they seem’s at a place in motion like browni motion.

note-
all the involved words are hypothetical if there is any co-incidence then writer is not responsible.
Thank you.

Regards

pavan kumar

Dear Mr.Torsten I think the blue color is the short form of the verb TO BE ( he is), and the red color is the possessive form of the
sentences.
Best regards ARDIANA

Thank u, Torsen.
The blue ones are short for “is”.
And the red ones are pron… I don’t know if I can say like this. Thank u!

Hi, everybody.It is more than simple: the red is the possessive,the blue is the abbreviation.But I love this course any way.And I wonder: if I have no high school degree can I become a teatcher?Say,to give English lessons to the kids at the pre-school institution?
Best regards
Talena

Hello to all members of the FORUM.I would like to help me if you can.I’m an English teacher and now i want to do a test for my students but they are in fourth grade so i would like me to help with some of the questions or something else .If you can send me some materials that I can use to prepare this test to be more interesting for my students.
REGARDS ARDIANA