Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Sure: english-test.net/esl/learn/e … l-test.php

TOEIC short conversations: An airline customer wants to change his flight

Hi. Am one of the people that confuse these adjectives. thanks so much.

hi, here Jan from Poland,
sometimes in written English is slightly diffucult to feel the difference between end and finish.But the best explanation for it had been given by Beeesneees.
It is always possible to end something without finishing it.
When I finished my daily task that means I have completed it.
I finished reading the story yesterday. but false is: I ended reading the story…(but I had not finished)
In this case I found on the Internet:Do you finish every book you read?
And by the way, at first attempt I made three mistakes though I have learnt this language for more than 15 years.

Jan64

Hello there,
My name is Lhou and I am from the Philippines. I am 31 years old. I’m a Physical Therapist, but at the moment I don’t have work. I am currently processing my papers to work abroad, and I’m so thankful my parents are very much supportive with my decision. They are always behind my back in whatever things they believed the best for me. I love my profession so much because it gives me fulfillment as an individual. The joy I felt whenever I see my patient doing their first step from surgery or diseases is priceless. The more joy within me whenever I saw a smiles in their face, it is worth it. Well, as long as i can, I will continue helping people in need in my simple ways. :slight_smile:

Dear Torsten

Iwould like to know more about conjunctions like ‘though’ and 'although’and their proper usage.Iteach english at primary level . I would like some exercise on this topic

Thanks
Armaity

Sir Torsten ,

I’m glad that I’m one of your student …

Actually, I’ve gotten that already … Simple and easy explanation …

Thanks a lot … and I’m with Armatiy =) … If you don’t mind ^^ …

Oxy

Hello Torsten…
Thanks for the lesson… it’s interesting.
i will continue on lesson number 5
Regards,
Vieq

Dear Armaity, on our forum you will find various threads discussing your question and here is one of them: Although vs. Though – Only depending on position?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Introduction to training course on how to invest money[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten

thanks for the replay

Regards
Mahran3

Dear Sir,
I’m Lalchandra. Unit 4 teaching about the 3rd person Singular & plural and 2nd person singular&plural and 1st person singular &plural.

hello teacher am tassadit from usa a new resident i have justb 6 mounth here in land of freedom iam very esiting for every things new i descover the site accidentely and i wont learn more englich for living and follow my study and have my measure i wish i wont know how use this site to learn and focus about it thanks advance

Hi, Mr. Torsten
My sincere thanks for your explanation.
I hope to can studing hard for going.
it’s easy. Not so difficult.
Thanks you very much.
Ronald.

Hello sir
thank you for information it is very clear and i can undestand easily

Dear teacher .MY NAME is afamefuna uche i am from Nigeria i am a native of Igbo i am currently in Malaysia .i we say that your internet lesson in english has help me a lot it have move me to my next leave in life now i can speak correct in english please i have a little problem in spelling pease i need your assistance please i waiting for your reply teacher

Hi Torsten,
could you please explain to me what’s the difference of “anyway” and “anyways”?
When I was in primary school, I saw many people used “anyway”,
but now,many people are using “anyways”
which one is the correct one?

and,after “always”,the verb should be in a root word or what?
e.g. She always smile
She always goes

‘anyway’ is correct.

“She always smiles.”
It depends on what comes before always too! Sometimes the verb is there.
“She is always smiling.”

Hi Aqila,

‘Anyway’ is the usual word but ‘anyways’ is often used in conversation to suggest ‘however’.

Alan

Hi,

Thanks to the founder of this site, I found this a very helpful and effective source of English learning.

Keep it up!

Regards,

Jawed Raai from Afghanistan

Greetings,

In the film Spiderman, the wicked man has one part of his face burned. In the film, people used to call him a very strange name; they called him “a two face man” instead of “a two faces man.” This is really interesting because I thought that the correct label to such situation would be “a two faces man.” So, can we apply this expression to such situations and consider it as a rule?

Hadeer

Hi Hadeer,

‘Two face man’ ‘Two faces man’ - both sound a little strange. I can only think of a rather prosaic description - the man with two faces.

Alan