Poor Listening Skills

Full steam ahead! :muscle:

4 Likes

Ahoy, Captain Mehrdad!

3 Likes

So, Mehrdad,

Here are some guidelines that may help you

Tell us something more about yourself:

• Where are you from, this means in which country do you live?
  • What do you do for a living or are you still studying?
  • Do you have any brothers or sisters (siblings)?
  • If you’re still studying, what are studying?
  • What are your future plans, if you already have some.

I suggest that you write everything down on piece of paper and then record it.

Be brave and the odds will be in your favour! :angel:
For now, I would like you to have a good night’s sleep.

Your friend, Marc

3 Likes

BMW driver is left track out power on temporary fency on Alexandra arriving art. Police at the driver narrowly miss two pals and missed rows before hitting the fence around the building’s art. He took a risky crouse around 20 min he is stable in hospital.

Note: The voice is not mine.

3 Likes

Hi Mehrdad,

You have a wonderful accent!!! I keep listening at it. I wonder what @Torsten and @Andrea think.

3 Likes

Hi Marc,
This is not me. He is an Australian news announcer. I just uploaded it you listen and see my transcript. After correction, then I upload my voice.
Sorry for the inconvenience! I should have said it but I forgot.

3 Likes

Thank you for being so honest.

2 Likes

@Masme Let me present to you my view on French.

I would say the meme ambassador has stricken again.

4 Likes

Some students who are audio learners can easily pick up a language by listening to it. However, for most students, I would argue this method is ineffective. This is because listening is too passive. You need to choose instead active activities that encourage your brain to put words and chunks of words together. I always encourage my students to do reading aloud practice. There is one more thing that I will mention: some students have problems processing the sounds in a foreign language (everything sounds like ‘blah blah blah’). When this is the case, then the student must first learn the sounds of English. Gradually, as you learn the phonemes/sounds then it becomes easier to identify the words that you hear and remember them. I strongly encourage you to try this because it will save you a lot of time. If you would like some free practice material for this, there are lots of audio lessons for learning IPA on my website: EnglishJade | Jade Joddle | British Accent Training

3 Likes