(d) educate

Test No. [color=blue]incompl/elem-26 “The Bells”, answer 1

Don’t you think those bells…?

Correct answer: (c) think

Your answer was: [color=red]incorrect
Don’t you ponder those bells…?
[size=200]_________________________[/size]

I don’t get it, think a bell?

If you want to get REALLY technical, ponder and think both mean the same thing. ponder means to think and think means ponder haha, if you follow me then it’s pretty simple. But the reason you got it incorrect is because you dont say do you ponder those bells, it just doesnt sound correct so think is used instead. So technically you can use either one, but think is the one everyone always uses. Ponder is used to talk about yourself, such as I ponder… or Iwas pondering, so it’s referring to you and only to you. Think is to everyone else and yourself. The bottom line use [color=blue]think. haha

I got the differrence what I still don’t understand is: think those bells? how do think bells?..

I’m confused here. :lol: :lol:

you are missing the rest of the sentence. A part can be added like:

Do you think those bells are big, loud.
or
Do you think those bells are old?

all you have to do is add something :stuck_out_tongue:

Definitively, It’s an unfinished sentence… Just look at the “story” of the test (I mean, look at all the sentences toghether), and you can see that the joke is that the first person is trying to say that the bells sounds beautiful, but the other one don’t think the same!

ponder = think about (or of)

When I ponder the possibilities, I smile.

When I think about the possibilities, I smile.

okay, here it should actually be “Do you think that those bells…”

…the sentence is not complete. It might be something like (use your imagination):

Do you think that those bells are made of silver or gold?

In this circumstance, the use of “think” is actually meant to show belief. This could also be written “Do you believe…?”

Dear my teacher,
Thanks you very much about your lesson 22 that you sent to my. I have just done this test and I have 4 correct sentenses only. This test 's difficult, I think and I am unhappy about my english. What do you think about my enlish? I 'll try my best to get better result in next test.
Thanks/Hanh

Hi Hanh,

How often did you take the test?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Asking whether a signed contract has been received[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Torsten;
Thanks for your reply my post. I had done every your tests as soon as I received your email.
Thanhks/Hanh

Dear Mr. Torsten/Alan

Could you please explain, why think is used here?

I think the option of hear/listen also should be here in this test. isn’t it?

please explain what is the mean of “Don’t you think those bells…?” here in this sentence.

can we not use “Don’t you hear or listen those bells…?”

Hi Misskhan,

You have to choose one of the four possible answers. The speaker in the sentence is talking but can’t finish the sentence because the bells are so loud.

Alan

Oh, I see now

Bundle of thanks Mr. Alan your way of teaching/explanation is really excellent…

many thanks again I have one more question what is difference between till and untill I think meaning are same but untill is used in negative sentences is it? examples are as follows

wait till I come.
wait untill I come.

which one is correct and if you could more explanation.

Thanks in advance

Have a blessed day

regards

Misskhan

Hi,

They are both used to mean the same thing. Note the spelling of ‘until’.

Alan

Thanks again

i don’t know it’s unfinished sentence

Dear Maple leaf,

If you are pointing out about my remarks then click “[color=red]Previous” on [color=blue]“goto Page” you will get the answer…

Have a blessed day to all

thanks

Most Welcome

Hi every body
i am confused what that is meaning, i think it is an incomplete sentence